“A bit expensive”

Element Fresh Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 16,954 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: American, Asian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Jing'an
Description: Element Fresh - enjoying fresh food! Most famous for great salads, sandwiches, juices and smoothies, Element Fresh also offers a variety of Asian dishes and a creative dinner menu. Every year since the first Element Fresh restaurant opened its doors in 2002, readers of popular magazines have awarded us top honors for our food and service.We are passionate about bringing you the fresh food in China to you.
Shanghai, China
“A bit expensive”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a review of Element Fresh on Donghu Lu
Good first: clean, well maintained restaurants. Food looks good and because you can see into the kitchen you can see they are using sanitary cooking practices. Most of the wait staff speak English and there are a lot of ex-pat eating there all the time. Dishes come out quickly and are big and well prepared.

Bad bits: Food is very expensive. For one Cobb salad and one Diet Coke I paid 96 rmb. Also, I have ordered delivery three times and every time something has been wrong with the order. One time they brought me the wrong salad. I called and told them about the mistake. They brought the correct salad back, but would only give it to me if I give them the first salad back and made sure that I did not eat any of it.

So, eat at the restaurant. Expect good food, good service, but expensive check at the end. Avoid the delivery service.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This time I went to the Element fresh near HuangPi Road. The food was very good and Lily my waitress was excellent. I will definitely go back there.

Shanghai, China
“Excellent service, atmosphere and food”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stopped off without knowing anything about the chain and was surprised and pleased with the whole experience. I'd expected a larger vegetarian section than was on offer, but they were happy to adjust a dish or two. A colleague ordered salmon which came undercooked, and they very graciously offered a new dish, free desserts and profuse apologies. We were impressed. My only quibble would be that it is a little on the pricey side when not ordering meat - but overall the experience is worth it.

Munich, Germany
“Great mix of Western and local food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you need a break from Chinese food, try Element Fresh at several locations in Shanghai. We went twice for lunch and were very impressed with the quality and the flavour of the food. Their soups are fresh and delicious, the sandwiches creative and yummy and so is the pasta and the desserts...

Overall a great experience with good service. I would for sure come back.

Visited December 2012
“Element Fresh - Jinqiao”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our family eats at Element Fresh in Jinqiao and Kerry Parkside fairly regularly (about 2-3x a month). Our favorite dishes are the hummus platter (appetizer), pork and shrimp wontons (appetizer), lamb kebab sandwich, falafel sliders, eggplant sandwich, and the warm italian sandwich. We also like the smoothies and fresh apple juice and the kids enjoy the kid meals. Their side salads are a work of beauty and much bigger than expected. We've never had a bad meal here. Having said all that, the prices for the adult entrees and sandwiches are definitely higher than other similar restaurants and the kid meal sizes are a bit on the small side (but are so cheap, we order a 2nd if needed). All in all, it's an easy restaurant to relax and not worry about how your food will turn out. And sometimes, especially as an expat in Shanghai, that's a good thing.