We picked the Golden Tulip Ashar Suites after trying several other (cheaper) hotels that were fully booked.
We booked a Superior Suite because we wanted to have a refrigerator and free internet.
Our room was clean, comfortable and very spacious with a separate work area and bedroom. It even had a small kitchenette (microwave, hot plate and sink) but without any utensils/cookware.
Bathroom was clean. The drain in the sink was somewhat clogged.
After approaching the front desk to check in we were sent up to check in at the executive floor, which was nice. When it was time to check out however, we were asked to checkout at the front desk where the line was long and the process was agonizingly slow and disorganized, especially since we were in a bit of a rush to catch a train.
Overall it is hard to beat the location of this hotel right in the middle of the plush shopping district, restaurants, theater and near main subway lines.
We didn't try the breakfast (extra charge) but opted for the Starbucks that is attached to the building instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Tulip Ashar Suites - Shanghai Central is strategically situated in the prime of central Shanghai - West Nanjing Road. Numerous luxurious brands, entertainment and high-end office buildings are just adjacent to it. The hotel is not only easy access to two international airports via Yan'An Expressway, but as well to all the major city sightseeing spots, namely People’s Square, The Bund, Xintiandi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Brightel All Suites Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Ashar Suites City Centre Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Central View Hotel
- Central View Apartment Hotel