“Business visit in Shanghai”

Fraser Residence Shanghai
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Having been many times for business in Shanghai, I really appreciated the proximity of this hotel to the famous Huai Hai Lu, a major commercial road full of stores and activities. Metro station very near and walking distance to my favourite park.
What I particularly like in this hotel is the huge apartments with all the amenities needed in case you want to cook or put a launry or iron your clothes.
I also like that all rooms have their windows open and small balconies.
The prices are also very good for what they offer.
I will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony on high floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
James Z, General Manager at Fraser Residence Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear M-ASIA-TRAVELLER:

Thank you for taking your valuable time on writing this review. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us in Fraser Residence Shanghai.

Looking forward to your next visit in the near future!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

A great option to a 5 star hotel centrally located in Shanghai. What you get is great customer service, impeccably clean, well maintained property, a first rate fitness club, an in-door pool, good sized functional room with { my wife's comment: "just a wonderful bathroom"] and yes even a made to order breakfast that's included.There's also, gratis, 24 hour coffee or tea that's available at 2 locations within the property.

What you don't get is a lavish lobby, doormen, and fancy retail shops located on site. By the way, You'll probably save $50-$100 per night....we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michael g

Dear Michael G:

Thank you for taking up your time and sharing your true feeling about our property. We are truly honored and proud that our service is up to your satisfactory.

Hope to welcoming you or your friends back to Fraser Residence Shanghai soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at Fraser Residence for 2 weeks with my husband and baby and was so glad we chose this hotel for our extended trip to Shanghai, the staff here were all extremely helpful - they helped me a great deal under several occasions. The location of the hotel was fantastic just a block away from the shopping street, 15 min walk to Xintiandi and 20 min to Yu Garden. There was a gym, a pool, a kind of lounge for coffee anytime of the day and Element Fresh, a restaurant with 'fresh' food (a luxury in this Chinese city). The apartment was equipped with a washing machine, microwave, kitchen utensils and cutleries, big fridge, and of course a cot which we requested. The bathroom was spacious with a shower and bath and our bed was extremely comfortable. We will definitely stay at Fraser Residence again in Shanghai or in other cities, it was a wonderful experience. Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank coconutsun

Dear Coconutsun:

We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a great stay here for work, but saw a few families and realized that it would be a great place for family stay and vacations as well. Here are some reasons why:

1. Great central location - walking distance from the Bund, bu xing Jie (the pedestrian shopping area), xin tian di, and other tourist attractions. A train station nearby too! Lots of food nearby,both small local places and nicer ones too.

2. Newly renovated with all the bells and whistles - I understood from the staff that the residences are newly renovated. The quality of the rooms are good. Rain shower, enormous tub, a huge basket of fruit AND food (biscuits, instant noodles and a bottle of wine) complimentary, and very good heating/air conditioning system that allows you to control temperatures in the living area and the bedroom respectively. Don't have time to eat out but want a proper meal? Sherpas will deliver food from a variety of restaurants. :)

3. Friendly and helpful service - most hotels are efficient and friendly. The staff I encountered were personable and warm, explaining the local area with pride and giving me little tips to enjoy what little down time I had in Shanghai between meetings. They also treated the young kids I met in the same warm and friendly manner. Some corporate hotels only tolerate the young ones. I could feel comfortable bringing my little one here on a family vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
WoutBanning, General Manager at Fraser Residence Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Speeddolfin,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience in Fraser Residence Shanghai. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your comment with our staff.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This is a newly built hotel that happens to be very close to the office I visit in Shanghai. So for me the location is perfect but it is also good if you want to walk around and have a nice dinner. Rooms were very nice and I really liked the style of decoration. It's only downside was the breakfast that was not at all up to the standard I expected. I could chose between some set meals and if you take an omelett you will also get some toast and tea. When I asked for some orange juice I was informed that this was extra. I find that very cheap!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
WoutBanning, General Manager at Fraser Residence Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear JW,
Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the new style apartments as well as the location.
With regards to the breakfast served at Elements Fresh we are in talks with the management of the company to provide a breakfast service more in line with the expectations and wishes of our guests.
Looking forward to welocoming you back,

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Plus:
Definitely fantastic location with all the high-strung shopping and nightlife actions within a stroll.
High-rise offices bring to live the modern architectural skyline marvels and the fast-paced business ambience.
Old historical buildings still scattered in tiny clusters to relive the rich heritage of a great city.

Room Tip: Newly renovated room may smell a bit if you mind.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
WoutBanning, General Manager at Fraser Residence Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Jason W,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We were glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and the location. We are indeed fortunate to be in a great location where you can enjoy the best of the old and new city of Shanghai.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed at FR Shanghai once before the renovation. Then, the furnitures were way past their lifespan and rooms were pretty outdated in finishing. But after the renovation, everything took a 180 degree turn for the better. For a while, I thought that I had booked myself into Fraser Suites, the upscale Fraser brand, instead of Fraser Residence.

The only drawback was that breakfast was at Element Fresh and not buffet style.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear HollandVBoy,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you you have seen the turnaround we have all worked hard to achieve. We are continously working together with Elements Fresh to increase their offerings to our guests.