Swissotel Grand Shanghai
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Xinchang Hostel(Shanghai)
Minttown Hotel(Shanghai)
1,222 results
All reviewsjing'an templeswiss hotelbusiness hotelspa areapillow menunanjing west roadmetro stationbusiness tripnespresso machinestar hotelexecutive floorexcellent locationcentral locationconcierge teambreakfast buffetlobby barstayed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2013

the hotel is at a very convenient location in Shanghai. And the facilities and service are excellent. I really feel like staying home here. The staffs are very helpful and polite here. The gym and swimming pool is very comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
HotelManager-SSH, Public Relations Manager at Swissotel Grand Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions of your most recent experience with us. We are grateful to have received feedback from you.

I am happy to hear that you chose to stay with us and that you were comfortable at our property. Most importantly, I am pleased to know that our local, facilities and service were aspects of your stay that stood out and made you feel like staying home. Providing genuine hospitality is our top priority!

My colleagues and I look forward to your return. Please feel free to contact us with any additional comments or questions!

Best regards,

Michelle Chong
Director of PR & Communications

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Great hotel, made you feel very welcome. Really close to the city and all amenities.. Great restaurants nearby and just a small trip to the French Concession and the Bund.
The staff could not be more helpful, they speak good English and will get you directions to almost anywhere..... Written in Chinese, to give the taxi driver!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Actually there isnt anything extremely wrong but with the price that they required from customers' pocket, we expect more. Not more in service but more detail minded of careful details.

1. Socket - only one international adaptable socket near writing desk. You ar enot expected to bring more than one handy eletronic appliance to travel.

2. Room - requested non smoking room but didnt get it. Staff excused that I got upgrade but the matter is I WANT A NON SMOKING ROOM! Hope they aren't using this excuse to fool the guests.

3. Breakfast: food is great with wide range of choices. Service is weird. Some female staff talking loudly behid the cooking booth and one of them sneeze drastically without covering her mouth. Was planned to get some fresh scrambled eggs but finally given up.

Being a five star without details is difficult to tight customers' heart

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time from your day to submit a review of your recent stay with us. Although I am disappointed to learn of your recent negative impressions, my colleagues and I truly appreciate any and all feedback we can get to understand what our guests value most during their visits.

Your comments have been well-noted, and I apologize that our service shortcomings affected your overall experience negatively. We will definitely take your comments into further consideration for our improvement.

My colleagues and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. Until then, please feel free to contact us directly should you have any further detailed comments.

Best regards,

Michelle Chong

Director of PR & Communications

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good location, very convenient. Great breakfast buffet, lots of choices. Great service as well. I forgot my wallet in the room, and when I realized it I was already on the way to airport, so the hotel offered to keep the wallet for me until I find someone who can bring it back (they offered to deliver the wallet back to SIngapore first, but as it contained identity document, the delivery company rejected it, so I wont blame them). All in all, fantastic stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed here in May 2013 for 2 days on my business trip.
Rooms are very nice and spacious and well appointed.
Bathrooms are big too, staff is very courteous although they should learn a little bit more English.
Breakfast is great too!!