I stayed for 8 nights at the Shanghai Swissotel from 20 - 28 April. I was a solo traveller. The rooms were well appointed and very clean. The hotel provides complimentary wifi and it was fast. I had several meals at the hotel including room service once. The hotel cafe was very average. Buffet dinner was RMB 288 nett per pax but the selection of food leaves little to be desired for the price charged. The food was not refilled often as well. I did enjoy Yuan Yuan, the Chinese restaurant which is part of a restaurant chain in Shanghai. The red cooked pork is to die for and is also their signature dish. Room service was pretty good taste wise but took over 45 minutes to get the food up to me and it was only a simple beef burger with fries. The hotel is located next to a subway which makes it very convenient to go around town. It is also right behind a upscale shopping mall with the famous London chinese restaurant , Royal China, housed on the 8thfloor of the mall. There is also a supermarket in the basement of the mall to pick up some beverages. Would tray there again when I am next in Shanghai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Outstanding in every way... ideal location for business and pleasure, facilities that are superbly grand, gracious service from staff who anticipate and meet your every need when you travel to Asia's most dynamic city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Grand Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Swissotel Grand Hotel Shanghai
- Shanghai Swissotel Grand Hotel