Bula Bula! My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon! I couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon. I've never felt more at home at any resort. When we had to leave I was actually sad knowing that we had to say goodbye to the people we became so familiar with. From the 2 Joes, 3 Sams, Charlie, 3 You-lie, Catherine, Jona, Aku, Anna, Ala, Tom, Wati, Arron and Bridget (Their beautiful daughter Willow), Monassa... Sorry if I forgot anyone! We remember you all!
The most wonderful thing about this resort is that you can be as secluded or as involved as you want to be. It is filled with amazing activities each day that you can choose to do all or 1 or none. We tried to do everything we could possibly do. We were so tired by the end of the day that we slept so good at night. We would wake up so early and usually be the first to breakfast. The breakfast buffet was more then enough for me to start the day! With the amazing fresh breads, fruit, nuts and cereal each day. The wait staff always knew our names.
The resort was so well kept. Yes there are bugs but the resort provides you with bug spray and as long as you use it there isn't an issue. I get horrible bug bites usually and I was surprised at how little I got in Fiji. There was trouble with one of the shower head and when I told management they took care of it as fast as possible. There were two shower heads in or deluxe bure plus a shower outside so it didn't both us one bit. It was taken care of with exceptional speed.
We tried to go snorkeling everyday. It was beautiful to see all the fish and water wildlife. Our instructor was amazing!! His name was Charlie! My husband got a faulty snorkel and was taking on a bit of water, the instructor without any question handed his over his to my husband and took my husbands. I was blown away with this!
My husband went fishing and caught some nice fish. Red snapper, Spanish Mackerel and Spotted Mackerel. He almost caught a Giant Trevally but lost it. The guys on the boat were always positive! He had the time of his life! The staff asked him what fish he would like them to cook for dinner and when we went to dinner that night the Spanish Mackerel was on the menu!
I'm a huge foodie! The food was beyond amazing! So many choices and was blown away everyday by the different foods that were available for us to order! The daily bread was to die for!!!!!!! There was one dinner that I didn't like the meat choice and so I asked them if I could have chicken and without any issue they brought me out chicken! They are just sooooo accommodating!
Our spa experience was beyond amazing. A couples massage on the deck of the spa where you can hear the water and wildlife... What more can be said!! AMAZING!!!
I could write for days on here! I just know that our experience exceeded our expectations! The Yasawa Family are amazing and always try to make you feel at home! We will return, there is no doubt about that! I will compare every vacation from here on out to this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yasawa Island Resort & Spa is an exclusive retreat on one of the most remote and unspoiled islands of Fiji. Just 18 luxury bungalows are hidden among luscious tropical greenery, each only a few steps from a pristine, silky white-sand beach. Celebrated for its pristine location, Yasawa Island Resort & Spa has offered guests from around the globe unique, authentic and enriching travel experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yasawa Island Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yasawa Island Hotel Yasawa Island
- Yasawa Island Resort And Spa Yasawa Islands, Fiji