The resort is slightly east of Pacific Harbour, down a road towards the beach. It is nicely isolated, and we stayed there 3 nights. All the staff we interacted with were very friendly, helpful, and spoke excellent English. They had free internet access through two computers, altho only one was working when we were there. There was also free wireless internet access in the lobby and in the restaurant/bar areas. The book exchange library had 10 very old books. Instead of safes in the rooms, the front desk stored any valuables in a safety box.
There is a row of garden view Bures between the pool area on one side and new construction on the other with a row of ocean view Bures in front. Each garden Bure has a small grass front yard and a covered deck/patio with a table and 2 chairs. The Bure is one large room with one side as the sitting area and the other as the sleeping area. There are 2 beds on a raised wooden floor, a twin and a queen. Both beds are spring mattresses set on wooden slats; the queen was very soft, while the twin was firmer, as it obviously wasn't used as often. There is a closet with some shelving on one side, and a hanging area on the other, but no hangers supplied (wire ones delivered upon request). There was a mirror over a drawer next to the closet, and lights on the two night stands, each with a drawer and cupboard. The sitting area had a sofa and chair with semi-firm cushions, a roll-away bed, coffee table and a mini-kitchen with fridge, storage cupboards, electric pot, large sink, and coffee/tea packages with accessories. There was a ceiling fan with lights and lights on all of the walls. The windows on all walls were louvered with drapes for privacy and screened for bugs. The toilet and sink were outside the room in a separate space with small window. Shampoo, conditioner, and 2 soaps were supplied. The daily housecleaning emptied the trash and gave us new towels, even when we didn't put them on the floor. The shower was also outside in a separate enclosure that had no roof. A romantic outdoor idea that required the user to cross a patio and enter the shower area with a tiny roof to give protection to the towel and clothes during a rain storm. The water temp jumped around no matter what time the shower was taken.
The price included the room, continental breakfast, and access to the beach. They had a small restaurant with a larger bar area. It was situated back from the beach with views of the Lagoon, but there was a grassy area right in front where they had a volleyball net. There was also a small bar area right above the beach. Breakfast was cold/hot cereal, fresh fruit, fruit juice, tea/coffee, white toast, peanut butter, butter, and jam, and 6 different sweet breads or rolls. There was an all day menu (11-5) and a separate dinner menu, all reasonably priced (mains 18-26 FJD). Portions were normal, and the choice was wide. There were delicious light soups, salads with lots of veggies and fish, sandwiches, and dishes with meat, chicken, fish, and/or veggies, and not everything had a sauce with it. It was possible to order a salad/soup as starter and then a main without having to extend one's pants. Desserts were okay. The ice cream was store bought, and they ran out of flavors often. Also, their syrups were very watery and tasteless. All in all, variety of choices, good food, but not great food; more like they have a cook not a chef working there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour