All reviewsoutdoor showergarden villabeachfront burearts villagerugby teamdorm roombeqa islandfeejee experienceshark diveriver raftingviti levubeach barbreakfast was includedfijian styleceiling fanour night staythe pearl
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Great food and awesome staff as always. We brought friends to the island night , and it was a fun experience , especially as it was their first time to Fiji. Nice lovo selection too, and awesome vibe as always!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
James_Pridgeon, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Bula JEC15,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Uprising Beach Resort. Island Night is our most popular night of the week with the island floor show and fire dancing. The chefs also do a great job with the lovo and we are glad that you found this to your liking. We hope to see you return soon to enjoy the awesome vibes again :)

Reviewed September 20, 2017

I visited with my partner on a dive trip and we stayed for 3 nights. We were warmly greeted on arrival and we were exhausted after arriving from Nadi late in the afternoon and then the 3.5 hr car ride to the resort. There was a porter who loaded our extensive luggage and wheeled it by trolley to our room and then show us around the room.

We had one bure which are nice and big, with a large comfortable bed and a small bar fridge. There is an outside shower and toilet. The toilet is attached to the back door / wall of the bure and the shower is a few steps in the open to a private completely outdoor (no roof) shower. At first look.. wow.. this is nice...

Rooms: Look - agreed they are dated and some maintenance is required but they are comfortable. Depending on the time of year you travel, I would imagine they get quite hot. Our Bure was I think, in the midst of repairs as it had no thatched roof - just naked timberwork but it didn't affect anything. Agree that the fridge is small... but it worked. Yes the floor gets a bit grotty with feet sand etc.. so sweep it.. no biggie... use a bathmat. yes there are Geckos around the place.. that's the nature of the islands. As Aussies we are used to that.

On another note.. they are not particularly soundproof. We were woken really early to the sounds of crying children / babies and people coming and going. An afternoon nap after our dive was also difficult with the loud noises children and parents make without consideration of everyone else around them. Not the resorts fault, just an observation.

Also, when its raining, there is no cover from the Bure to the main reception or bar. We did see brollies, but otherwise, you need to make a run for it.

Showers: Nice to look at.. but perhaps not practical. They worked well.. really well. But when it rained at shower time.. hmmm.. that was a challenge.. and slippery too. There is an overhang in them to hook up a towel but I wouldn't bother with taking clothes in.

Towels - didn't find them smelly or other issues people have commented on. We had someone come to our room and ask if we needed a service which we didn't but they were happy to leave us extra towels.

Location - close to a local shopping village with a cafe / food market / bar etc. very very handy and within walking distance.

Food : The food was good. There is a lovo on Thursday for the Polynesian night which looked good and was good for the price. There appeared to be a great atmosphere with audience participation. We didn't do the Lovo as we had just arrived and were exhausted so we ordered off the menu. Remember it's Fiji.. things are a bit different so if you are not sure or want something changed, just ask. The staff are awesome!!!

Breakfast was a little different each morning, including omelettes / eggs on demand. I would recommend grabbing a few muffins/banana bread for a mid morning snack - especially if you are diving as the surface internal snacks are pretty limited ( drink and biscuit).

The gardens are lovely and the beach is in front of the hotel and the pool and facilities looked good even though we did not have time to use them or the beach due to our own plans and the weather.

Tips: Cash is always handy!!!! ; watch ATM charges at the shops $10 - $15 FJD plus your own bank charges can really rack up fees. bug repellent.. take some.. really handy. Coffee lovers... sorry - UHT Milk... if you like your chocolate/lollies - take some with you.. damn expensive on the island.

Friendly and helpful staff and drivers.. just ask!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tih1102

Bula tih1102,

A big vinaka for your review of the Uprising Beach Resort and leaving great tips for our future visitors. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and made the most of your dive trip. I believe you stayed in Bure 12 which is currently without thatch and agree that the dated thatch around the property certainly needs a change- which we are now onto.

Thank you also for your points on sound proofing. This has never really come up before and provides some food for thought as we prepare for some major refurbishments in early 2018. Being built entirely of timber, including the flooring, maintenance and upkeep provides a great challenge, particularly during our peak season which comes to end at the end of the month. In the tropics, this also provides housing sometimes to the geckos you mentioned but we like to think of them as our natural mossie repellents :)

We trust you are well and truly settled back home now and do hope to see you again some time in the future. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review with some great pointers for our future visitors.

Vinaka and kind regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Uprising has one of the best dorm accommodations on Viti Levu. It would benefit from a small kitchen so guests could prepare a snack or meal, but other than that its a pleasant stay. A great full breakfast is included.

My 'One Star' rating reflects Uprising Beach Resort management's failure to reverse erroneous credit card charges that resulted from a website error on their booking website. More than two weeks after being made aware and acknowledging the bad charges, with several emails and phone calls, the hotel accounting staff didn't reverse the charges to the credit card. They later made a partial reimbursement directly to my bank account, but I'm still out $15 in hotel charges and foreign transaction fees. Watch your credit card carefully if you stay at Uprising. Cash is better here.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

Bula jidina80,

We trust you are well. I did not hear back from you with regards to the below response to your review so am reaching out once again to see if this was all settled? We do take such reviews very seriously as it is never our wish to receive such a negative review when you did infact enjoy your stay. If we do not hear back on the below email, we trust that the charge has now been refunded.

Vinaka, James

Bula jidina80,

Thank you for your recent review of the Uprising Beach Resort and your compliments with regards to our dormitory facilities. I am most concerned to read your comments regarding your credit card dispute and what appears to be extremely poor follow up from my team. It is most disappointing that this has caused what could have been a higher review rating to end up as a one star.

Please be advised that there was no malicious intent whatsoever however I can totally understand your frustrations. If you could please forward me all correspondence you have had with our team at gm@uprisingbeachresort.com so that I can personally follow this up and arrange all charges entitled for your refund to be made accordingly. Unfortunately I am unable to ascertain through TripAdvisor your actual details which would allow me to immediately rectify this situation. I want to make this right so I look forward to receiving your email and details of the charges as soon as possible.

Once again, I apologize for the lack of urgency shown towards this situation. I do hope you understand that this is an isolated case and not the norm for our small beachside resort from the many positive reviews reflecting the quality of friendly service experienced by many other guests at the Uprising Beach Resort.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We stayed at this resort as part of our Feejee Experience tour on our way to Suva.

We stayed in dorm accommodation in what can only be described as a two storey hut. It was large and spacey, but had the room been filled with people I would imagine it would have been noisy and cluttered, with only so many showers and toilets for the amount of beds. Luckily, there was only a few of us in a room of about 20 beds. All other rooms were little one storey 'houses' dotted around the resort.

The food was tasty - a buffet was served and it was delicious. There were fire and traditional dancers for entertainment, and afterwards they encouraged and coordinated both genders to get up and dance to win a prize of a free drink from the bar! There was a traditional kava ceremony to sit and drink at.

The resort sits on the beachfront and it was very peaceful to sit on. I wouldn't know what would be outside of the resort - for other amenities I imagine you would have to drive.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LindyBopper
James_Pridgeon, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Bula LindyBopper,

Thank you for you review of the Uprising Beach Resort and we are glad to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Our dormitory is rarely full unless it is exclusively booked by a group and we are in fact in the process of building a smaller yet more comfortable dormitory to be available in 2018. Fiji Experience rarely find themselves sharing with others during their stop overs which appears to be the case with your visit. We do wish you had more time to experience the best of Fiji's Adventure Capital and hope that you return one day to stay longer. All the best with the remainder of your holiday.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I visited with my wife, 3 year old boy and mother in law for 3 nights and we had a great time.

It is probably the best place to go within an hour from Suva. We took the Pacific bus from Suva and where there an hour later.

We had two bures which are very nice and big, with comfortable beds and fridge. Outside shower and toilet are very nice.

The food was very good, we had the lovo on Thursday for the Polynesian night which was yummy and great atmosphere. Both my wife and I won free cocktails participating in the dancing show!

Breakfast were different every morning, including omelettes on demand. Lunch was good too and they were very accommodating with my toddler and my bongo chili requests.

From there we did the rafting tour and zip lining tour, both great fun. There are also cheap options for food nearby. And there was no issue with us having a few drinks we brought from outside.

All the staff were very kind and fun. The gardens are beautiful and the beach.is.right in front. Clean pool and facilities.

Definitely recommend it for a day or short trip to get away from Suva.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel N

Bula Daniel N,

A big vinaka for your recent review of the Uprising Beach Resort and it is great to read that you had a good time with us in Pacific Harbour. We try to be accommodating as possible with our guests and we do allow guests to bring in a few drinks provided these are consumed in their room and not the resort public areas as we do have a fully licenced bar onsite. Island Night is always a highlight of the week and congratulations once again for taking our the prize for best dancers during the show.

As you mentioned, we are only a short trip from Suva and an excellent day trip for visitors so we do hope to see you again soon.