Another marketing piece that doesn't match reality. Uprising resort makes it look as though you'll be able to partake of all sorts of beach related activities, water sports, and that they are all right there to be had. Not even close. They are trying to promote their interior and the two activities they have close by are ziplining and river rafting. Period. If you want to do any other water sports, you will have to first be in a group big enough to motivate them to emerge from their office and accomodate you. If you're in a group of one or two, you're out of luck. They won't take you anywhere, and you can't rent anything. If you want to do anything involving water, forget it. They are on the windward side of the island in the direct path of the trade winds, and they get hammered with wind most of the time. The water has white caps, rip tides, and is far to rough to snorkel, swim, kayak, jetski, or anything they've advertised you can do. Instead if you want to snorkel or kayak, you have to pay a lot of $ to go somewhere else to do it. They don't even have the equipment to kayak, nor the coastline to see anything worth kayaking to. It's just too rough out there. When it comes to the reef, don't let anyone tell you it's gorgeous, it USED to be. I've been in Fiji twice diving and snorkeling in years past, and the cyclone that came through there a few years back killed most of the reef in that area, including around Lalati. Some of it is coming back in small patches. But don't waste your money trying to see pretty fish and reef in that part of Fiji. They have learned how to gouge the tourist, and they do it unabashidly. Other than that, there's nothing to do in that entire area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour