We began our 6 night stay pretty late at night but still received a warm welcome & personal service on arrival. As we wound our way through the softly lit gardens to our amazing Commodore Villa, we couldn't wait to see the rest of the resort in the morning.
Our villa consisted of 2 spacious rooms, a huge bathroom, outdoor shower area and wide verandah. The living area has a sofa that converts to a bed (and enough room for an extra rollaway), a kitchenette with mini-bar (but nothing in the cupboards - water/wine glasses at least would have been useful) we had 1 water glass and 2 coffee cups for the 3 of us........ Our king size bed was very comfortable with good quality linens however let down by the fact of trying to squeeze QS sheets on a KS bed and only 2 pillows. Towels were soft & fluffy but not consistently so throughout our stay. Pool towels are available with a $20 refundable deposit. Wi-fi charges are a little on the expensive side for short term access. Better value to buy a multi day access suited to your stay.
The grounds here are paradise and the gardeners should be commended. The palm dotted beachfront is just picture postcard perfect and the 4km long beach is perfect for walking, running, horse riding and of course swimming. Just beautiful and great for kids to play & explore.
The pool & bar areas are casual and relaxed. Meals in the restaurant were of a consistently high standard. Unfortunately there is little difference between the lunch & dinner menus however the Chefs specials each day were a treat (when the serving staff remembered to give us the menu) but it would be nice to see more variation between lunch & dinner as many of the dinner offerings remained a bit "snacky" so after a few days, guests are tempted out to dine elsewhere.
I can honestly say I had the best sirloin steak I've ever had at Uprising. Not a huge steak eater, I enjoyed it so much I ordered another the next evening which unfortunately was one of the worst I've ever had. The chef recognised the poor quality of the meat and compensated us with one of his most delicious desserts.
During our stay we enjoyed the Rivers Fiji rafting trip and Arts Village Show booked for us by the resort. We also walked down to the village a few times for shopping & meals despite advice from a receptionist that we would need a "guide" - you don't - although at night it is sensible to get a taxi ($3) to return to the resort. The resort massage service was fantastic and reasonably priced and there was a good selection of snorkelling, diving, fishing & other day trips available from the on site Freedive Fiji desk who operate from The Pearl at the other end of the beach. Unfortunately the fleet of catamarans was out of action during our stay due to lack of trained operational staff...... Some kayaks would be a good addition to available activities at the resort.
Overall we very much enjoyed our stay at Uprising and it is one of the few places we would consider returning to in Fiji. The relaxed, casual atmosphere combined with the stunning setting is idyllic. It is just a little let down by the apparent lack of any "hands on" management which results in the "little things" becoming neglected. As is usual in Fiji, housekeeping was pretty haphazard and probably our biggest "issue" during our stay. Having your bure serviced at 4pm is too late in the day and consumables need to be replenished. Service in the restaurant was a little "muddled" sometimes but again - not bad for Fiji. In the big picture, these were minor inconveniences and did not distract too much from our stay. I would give this resort 5*'s if these minor service issues were remedied as the location, ambience and options here are excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour