Club Oceanus(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$159
$94
  • Breakfast included
ULTIQA at Fiji Palms Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Pool
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
$769
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
Hotels.com
$1,084
$754
  • Breakfast included
Crusoe's Retreat(Coral Coast)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$59
$147
$132
  • Pool
All reviewsoutdoor showergarden villabeachfront burearts villagerugby teamdorm roombeqa islandfeejee experienceshark diveriver raftingair conditioningviti levubeach barbreakfast was includedfijian styleceiling fanour night stay
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We hadn't researched the area particularly well...if we had, we'd have found out that Pacific Harbour is the rainy part of Fiji. We were predominatly here for the shark diving with Beqa Adventure Divers, who we have reviewed separately

We pretty much enjoyed our stay at the Uprising, you can't knock a hotel for the bad weather. Food was pretty reasonable, although the lunchtime & evening menus were very samey, so we found ourselves going out to eat during our week's stay as the menus got a bit repetitive - there are 3 or 4 restaurants, ATMs, supermarket etc about 20 minutes walk from the Uprising

Our room was nice - we opted for the Commodore Beach Villa which was spacious with separate lounge & kitchenette, covered verandah with table & chairs & a good ocean view across the beach

The hotel caters for all types of traveller & includes a dormitory where backpackers stay up to the Commodore beach villas

Overall, we would recommend the hotel but would probably not return if we stayed in Pacific Harbour, as one or two other hotels are better positioned for the diving

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AlfredUprising, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Bula Vinaka Jason_and_Suzanne and thank you for your review and recommendation of Uprising Beach Resort. We are happy you enjoyed overall your stay with us, and we are also happy you enjoyed the dive at Beqa Lagoon, with the team at Beqa Adventure Divers. It was unfortunate that a wet spell had come through during your time, and we hope maybe one day to have you back with us to experience more desirable conditions. On behalf of everyone at Uprising, Vinaka vakalevu once again, and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here with my husband in a beachfront bure in June for 7 days. The weather was almost perfect, we had a few rainy & cloudy days but most of the time it was sunny & warm.

We paid around $150 AUD or $255 Fijian a night for the renovated bure no 5. It was furnished with a double bed, a single, there's a sitting area & a small kitchenette (coffee, tea & sugar was provided) and a very small bar fridge & a kettle. The room was clean but the bedding looks old, the curtains are dirty & the fan is filthy. The bed wasn't that comfortable. We loved the outdoor shower though & being able to see the water from the terrace.

We arrived at around 8.30 pm & it was raining, which was not a great start to our holiday. When we got to our room, there was no kettle & there were items left inside the kitchen cupboards that might've belonged to the previous occupant. We thought this was odd, maybe they don't even clean inside the cupboards.

In the morning it was cloudy so we decided to head to Suva which was around 1 hour on a local blue express but which cost around FJ$5 one way. There's a supermarket, restaurants & shops around 10 minute walk from the resort, you can walk along the beach or on the road to get to the shops.

The room was adequate & I guess for the price I paid I can't complain much, but I would recommend getting a villa that has air conditioning & is newer. During the nights it can get quite hot, so we had to use the floor fan to blow on us when we were sleeping. The bures are quite close together, one night we could hear the next door neighbour screaming at each other.

We had to ask for a kettle which was missing from our room & they provided one around 6 hours later & it wasn't working properly. It didn't switch off automatically, which is quite dangerous, we told this to the receptionist but I don't know whether she paid any attention to me. I asked twice to borrow a hair dryer & the same lady said, we don't provide hair dryers for the bures only Villas. She said that maybe I can borrow one but it has to be returned. I never got the hair dryer, so I had camping hair when I was flying back to Sydney. She didn't go out of her way to help us. One one occasion house keeping didn't even give us toilet paper & I had to ask for it from the reception as there's no room phone. She didn't apologise but just gave me a blank stare & said that she'll get me one. 4 days after we were there 2 glasses turned up in our kitchen & also a box of tissues. Previously, we only had two cups & saucers & two teaspoons. I thought that was odd. Maybe the first few days, they ran out of tissue boxes & glasses?

There were lots of pluses:
- The food from the restaurant was good, the cocktails were sublime, try the Mojito.
- The staff other than at the reception were great. Thanks to Weiss, Jane & the guy working on the grounds who put the cushions on our lounge chairs every day.
- The beach was great, the water was clean.

The minuses
- Having to drive around 3 hours to get there.
- The pool was ok, it was shallow, when we were there hardly anyone used it.
- The bed wasn't comfy.
- There wasn't much information on what's happening in the resort, some nights there would be a bonfire but we didn't know unless we asked a staff.

We also went on an excursion to Paradise Island which we loved. I would recommend it, maybe we just had a really great group of people which made it even better. I had so much fun snorkeling & just enjoying the locals.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Bula Vinaka InVilia, thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Uprising. We are happy you have enjoyed many aspects of your holiday, and we also do regret the not so favourable notes raised also. We sincerely regret to have fallen short on so many very simple aspects of our service, and we are working to rectify these points raised. Ensuring a quality holiday at Uprising is extremely important to us, as well as ensuring true friendliness and helpfulness by our team members. We thank you once again very much for taking time to review Uprising, and we hope we will be able to redeem our service in the not too distant future. Once again Vinaka vakalevu from the team at Uprising.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in a Commodore Garden View Villa and loved it. The lighting in the villa was pretty dark at times but I believe this was due to the villas being solar powered. The beach was beautiful and the gardens and pool area well kept. The staff are were very welcoming and friendly. We loved the spin around television/mirror in the villa. Nice to be able to watch some movies either in the lounge area, or in bed after a hard days relaxing. We ate dinner every night at the resort and had very delicious meals that were mostly very reasonably priced. One thing to note: Being that it is a tropical island, there will be little harmless lizards that come to hang out around the villas/bures etc and at night, you will notice frogs jumping around. Expect to see these on a tropical island.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Bula to you Tahzan, and thank you for taking time to review your stay here with us at Uprising Beach Resort. We have taken note of the in room lighting being a little dime, and thank you for this note. The swivel television in the villas is definitely a unique feature, and something enjoyed by many guests alike. The Uprising Friendliness demonstrated by our team members is something we take pride in and we are happy you enjoyed this also. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the Kitchen team, and Head Chef for ensuring your meals were just as you like them. We definitely look forward to having you back with us soon, and once again Vinaka Vakalevu.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

‘My New Trusty’ go to place when I need to get away from Melbourne winters. I was here in January, loved it so much have just returned from a week sunning myself and lazing by the pool. This is my favourite place in Fiji. The staff are friendly (and some even remembered me), the cocktails are some of the best I have tasted (hello my dear friend Pina Colada) and they have a very talented new head chef that had me dreaming about the scrumptious red snapper after I returned to the cold.

I am a massive fan of deluxe villas with great service, exceptional food, cocktails that rock your world all sitting in front of beach!

If you want to REALLY relax and chill out, Uprising has got you covered.

Love this place and can’t talk highly enough about it. I am heading back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PatriciaHigginbottom

Bula Vinaka Patricia, it was a pleasure having you back with us and great to see you again. We are very happy that you enjoyed your second stay with us, and most definitely look forward to having you back at Uprising again very soon. We will be sure to pass on your appreciation and thanks to the Bartenders for mixing up your local favourite cocktails, and to Rajesh, our Head Chef for the delicious red snapper meals. From everyone at Uprising, we hope to see you again very soon, and best wishes from all at Uprising, to you.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently had an opportunity to stay at Uprising with a group of 10 travel agents. We where doing site inspections at various resorts in Fiji. This was my 5th time visiting fiji and most of the other agents also had previous experience with Fiji.

We arrived about 7 PM from a long day of traveling and where shown to our villa, first impression just OK. Nice large room in newer section of the resort with air condition. Definite change from old section to new section, not overly impressed. New section has not established a personality yet. Area too new looking and vegetation looks planted.

The next morning we woke up refreshed from a good nights sleep and went to breakfast, what a change day light can bring. New section still needs some maturity and more Fijian personality but the rest of the resort was fantastic. Nice walk ways mature landscape and well maintained Bures.

At breakfast we discovered the true beauty of Uprising, the people. Smiling fun enjoyable and very helpful. The general manager Alfred Christofferson welcomed every guest personally. Every encounter with the staff was pleasant. We felt more like family than guests.

The meals where really good and with the low cost that made them fantastic.Good variety to choose from well prepared, served. The prices where the most reasonable I have seen in the islands. Beer was COLD.

Had a tour of all the room categories and really liked the beach front Bure no A/C but has a good ocean breeze blowing through. For a couple these Bures will equal your dreams of what a beach Bure should look and feel like.

I could go on and on about Uprising But I will finish with the consensus of 10 experienced travel agents.

Not fancy but very fun with a great feeling. Not only would we be happy to recommend to our clients but we personally would like to return for our own vacations. The best VALUE we have found so far.

Room Tip: Beach front (no A/C but great breeze) great view. New section for A/C.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank PTDIVER

Bula Vinaka PTDiver, and thank you taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Uprising. We definitely try our best to ensure an affordable quality for money holiday, and it is our staff that most definitely make everyone’s stay with us a truly Fijian experience. We will be sure to pass on your thank you’s and appreciation to the team here at Uprising. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and once again Vinaka Vakalevu to you and your team.