All reviewsoutdoor showergarden villabeachfront burearts villagerugby teamdorm roombeqa islandfeejee experienceshark diveriver raftingviti levubeach barbreakfast was includedfijian styleceiling fanour night staythe pearl
Reviewed June 20, 2013

‘My New Trusty’ go to place when I need to get away from Melbourne winters. I was here in January, loved it so much have just returned from a week sunning myself and lazing by the pool. This is my favourite place in Fiji. The staff are friendly (and some even remembered me), the cocktails are some of the best I have tasted (hello my dear friend Pina Colada) and they have a very talented new head chef that had me dreaming about the scrumptious red snapper after I returned to the cold.

I am a massive fan of deluxe villas with great service, exceptional food, cocktails that rock your world all sitting in front of beach!

If you want to REALLY relax and chill out, Uprising has got you covered.

Love this place and can’t talk highly enough about it. I am heading back again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank PatriciaHigginbottom
AlfredUprising, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Bula Vinaka Patricia, it was a pleasure having you back with us and great to see you again. We are very happy that you enjoyed your second stay with us, and most definitely look forward to having you back at Uprising again very soon. We will be sure to pass on your appreciation and thanks to the Bartenders for mixing up your local favourite cocktails, and to Rajesh, our Head Chef for the delicious red snapper meals. From everyone at Uprising, we hope to see you again very soon, and best wishes from all at Uprising, to you.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently had an opportunity to stay at Uprising with a group of 10 travel agents. We where doing site inspections at various resorts in Fiji. This was my 5th time visiting fiji and most of the other agents also had previous experience with Fiji.

We arrived about 7 PM from a long day of traveling and where shown to our villa, first impression just OK. Nice large room in newer section of the resort with air condition. Definite change from old section to new section, not overly impressed. New section has not established a personality yet. Area too new looking and vegetation looks planted.

The next morning we woke up refreshed from a good nights sleep and went to breakfast, what a change day light can bring. New section still needs some maturity and more Fijian personality but the rest of the resort was fantastic. Nice walk ways mature landscape and well maintained Bures.

At breakfast we discovered the true beauty of Uprising, the people. Smiling fun enjoyable and very helpful. The general manager Alfred Christofferson welcomed every guest personally. Every encounter with the staff was pleasant. We felt more like family than guests.

The meals where really good and with the low cost that made them fantastic.Good variety to choose from well prepared, served. The prices where the most reasonable I have seen in the islands. Beer was COLD.

Had a tour of all the room categories and really liked the beach front Bure no A/C but has a good ocean breeze blowing through. For a couple these Bures will equal your dreams of what a beach Bure should look and feel like.

I could go on and on about Uprising But I will finish with the consensus of 10 experienced travel agents.

Not fancy but very fun with a great feeling. Not only would we be happy to recommend to our clients but we personally would like to return for our own vacations. The best VALUE we have found so far.

Room Tip: Beach front (no A/C but great breeze) great view. New section for A/C.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank PTDIVER

Bula Vinaka PTDiver, and thank you taking time to review your recent stay with us here at Uprising. We definitely try our best to ensure an affordable quality for money holiday, and it is our staff that most definitely make everyone’s stay with us a truly Fijian experience. We will be sure to pass on your thank you’s and appreciation to the team here at Uprising. We look forward to seeing you again very soon, and once again Vinaka Vakalevu to you and your team.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Uprising Beach Resort in Late May. We had a fantastic stay and participated in several activities offered by Freedive Fiji, which operates a tour desk at the resort. We went on a fishing charter, an island day cruise and also a snorkelling trip out of Beqa Island,which was amazing!! The snorkelling there is second to none, and I even got to snorkel above a 2 mtr white tip shark ~ it was incredible. We got to know the Freedive Fiji staff at both the Uprising and The Pearl South Pacific Resort which is another resort down the beach from Uprising. All of the water based activities we went on were based at The Pearl, but all activity costs include pick up and return to the Uprising.

Our accommodation was beautiful, we stayed in a beachfront villa, which is reasonably new and we were very impressed with both the villa and the outlook/position. The beach is beautiful and directly in front of the villa is a beautiful swimming beach that is the pick of the beaches along the Coral Coast area, it has sandy beach and beautiful clear waters with a sand bottom, ideal for swimming, unlike most beaches that are crushed coral on the "Coral Coast".

There is alot more on offer at Pacific Harbour than other destinations on the Coral Coast further north towards Nadi. It may take longer to drive there, but once there, you won't mind.

The feel of Uprising is true Fijiian, unlike other resorts that are more westernised, you get to experience the real Fiji here, and we honesltly loved everything about the resort. We even had the Fiji Uprising Under 20's rugby team staying the week we were there, who were very entertaining on their last night, and put on a performance for the guests which was fantastic.

To everyone who whinges about the speed of service etc in Fiji, "take a chill pill!!!" It's Fiji Time ~ just go with the flow and enjoy, look around you at the local smiling faces, do you think they get this relaxed from living our lifestyle? ~ I don't think so ~ and it's not just Kava either, they are happy and we pay good money to be a part of their lives for just a little while so kick back and enjoy!!!

We are returning to Uprising this October and can't wait to go back, see you soon everyone.

Vinaka vakalevu to Alfie and staff,

Wendy & Gavin

Room Tip: Go for a Beachfront Villa, they are new and the location/view is awesome. The outdoor showers are amazing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aussie-wendy-67

Bula Vinaka Wendy & Gavin, thank you both very much for taking time to review your stay here with us at Uprising Beach Resort. We are very pleased you enjoyed Uprising Beach Resort, and also all the activities available within the resort, and around Pacific Harbour also. I will be sure to pass on your thank s and appreciation to the team for making your Fijian holiday a memorable one. We look forward to having you back with us someday soon, and once again, on behalf of everyone at Uprising Beach Resort, Vinaka vakalevu.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Uprising has beautiful grounds. If we would have not stayed at 5 star Coconut Grove in Taveuni, and the Blue Lagoon in the Yasawas we would have possibly better ratings. Their restaurant cooks were the most friendly in all of the resort, a special thanks to Sunny who was very sensitive and accommodating to my food allergy. It took a long time to check-in and much longer to check-out. They didn't really seem like we mattered as much. From our experience in Fiji thus far it seems incredibly rare. We don't need to be pampered but they didn't seem very attentive. We had a few issues which were more contributed to the weather than anything, but overall the value for what you get here vs in other resorts are incredibly not comparable.

Room Tip: We splurged on the ocean view villa and it was beautiful. Only problem is that our shower broke and we didn't have hot water. Would not have been an issue on a sunny day as they run their water heater through solar energy. But than again, we would have not needed hot water as much on a warmer day.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Myrella
AlfredUprising, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Bula Vinaka Myrella. Thank you taking time to review Uprising Beach Resort and thank you for your kind words and appreciation. All review points are valued equally and we sincerely appreciate the good points raised, and we value your feedback on the areas we have fallen short. I will be sure to pass on your appreciation and thanks to Sunny, from the Restaurant. Thank you. I could only wish, during your stay that this same hospitality and warmth, could have been experienced equally throughout the resort. This is something we value each day. We sincerely appreciate your time and review, and from everyone at Uprising, Vinaka vakalevu.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Came here last summer with a group of 10 friends and had a great time! My fiance and I stayed in a Burre which seemed like a dream come true at first..until our outdoor shower did not have hot water for 2 days, we found geckos crawling around the walls, and you have to go outside to get to the bathroom which is not fun in the middle of the night. It is a really fun experience being in the Burre for a night or two, but after that I was ready for a clean real hotel room.

The beach here is incredible and the grounds of the hotel are dreamy. There is a cute bar and pool table area where the breakfast buffet is served. ONE MAJOR HINT!!!! The hotel staff is not transparent when it comes to drink prices. They would take my friends order at breakfast for coffee and suggest we make it an irish coffee and not tell us that each shot of alcohol is $12 Fijian dollars, when it was all said-and-done a normal sized Irish Coffee was $38 USD!!!!! Even at the swankiest bar in the US that is a very overpriced drink...so be very careful when it comes to asking the bartenders to make you a drink..just stick to a bounty rum and coke which is what we drank our whole time in Fiji. Bula!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
AlfredUprising, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Bula Reena_A, thank you for taking time for review Uprising Beach Resort, and we hope you have arrived home safely. We are fortunate to be located on a very nice stretch of the Fijian coast, and we are glad you enjoyed this. We have also taken note of the points raised regarding the Irish coffee, and would like to assure you once again we have taken strong note of this. I thank you once again, and from everyone at Uprising, vinaka vakalevu.