All reviews outdoor shower garden villa beachfront bure arts village rugby team dorm room beqa island feejee experience shark dive river rafting viti levu beach bar breakfast was included fijian style ceiling fan our night stay the pearl
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit Suva and get away from Nadi. We booked into the 8bed 'mini' dorm and were checked in promptly on arrival. We were not allocated beds in the dorm and seen as we were the only two there we took two bottom bunks. Beds were clean an comfy and made up every day which was really nice. The outside shower with the room was a really treat but be careful not to shower too late or it'll be very cold! Breakfast on every morning was excellent, a full buffet with a wide range of choice, best I had in Fiji! We had dinner there on all three nights as the location makes it challenging to head out, especially as we were two girls travelling alone. The food was food but a little on the expensive side and service was not up to standard of other places we stayed but was still good. Could do with some evening entertainment for in house guests.

Overall a great stay just a few let downs: -there were 6 of us, all strangers, in the dorm on two nights but only one key...!
-there is no air con and only one fan for the whole room so got a little stuffy.
-on the Sunday we were there we decided to have a day by the pool as everywhere else seemed to be shut however it appeared to be overrun by locals and their hundreds of pool splashing kids despite there being copious signs saying it was for in house guest only and that there should be no running, jumping or splashing by the pool. The staff did nothing about it.
-Internet is very expensive.
-food is expensive
-there is no entertainment
-no lockers in the mini dorm and not enough storage space for 8 people's bags.
-I heard complaints from other guests that the big 20bed dorm was messy and too noisy.

• Stayed: April 2013
AlfredUprising, General Manager at Uprising Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Bula Vinaka TravelBuggler, and thank you for your review of Uprising Beach Resort. We are happy to have meet your expectations on many points, and assure you we have also noted the aspects of the resort where we have fallen short. The mini dorm is soon to receive electronic key card locks that will eliminate the traditional key system. Unfortunately the shared accommodation facilities in the resort being the mini and main dorm, do have their advantages, and they also have lesser comfort and privacy. We sincerely appreciate your valid points and time taken to review Uprising and on behalf of everyone at Uprising, Vinaka vakalevu.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It all stared in Nov. 2012, when I made a reservation. It was confirmed through emails at the time that there was availability. I was stoked. This was going to be my first trip to Fiji--from Canada.. In April 2013! I emailed Uprising to confirm my reservation. (One month before my travel day). I waited 2 full days. No answer. So, I made an expensive long distance call to the Uprising Resort front desk to find the reason for the no response. No answer was given. Only to try to send another email to the front desk and my email would be passed onto the reservations person. I did as asked--sent an email to the front desk immediately. Again, I waited, and waited......and still to this day........(May 8,2013), I have NOT RECEIVED a response.
I find this VERY poor customer service.
So, as I write this, I am very happy staying at Club Oceanus just across the street and up the road. So, Uprising's loss is Club Oceanus' gain.
With another trip already planned for next year, Club Oceanus will definitely be on my list of places to stay. And will definitely be a p,ace I will recommend to my fellow travellers.
Shame on Uprising Resort.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Georgina M

Bula Vinaka Georgiegirl01, and thank you for taking the time to review Uprising Beach Resort, and bringing this to our attention. You are most definitely correct when saying our customer service has faltered here. We would have loved to have had you stay with us, and we most definitely would like to redeem our service levels with you. I would be happy to personally assist in any way possible, should we be given this opportunity. Once again Georgiegirl01, you review has been taken extremely seriously, thank you, and should we be able to assist moving forward please do not hesitate to email alfie@uprisingbeachresort.com , best wishes and safe travels.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

When I told my friends that I was staying in a hostel in Fiji, they all had the same response: "Ewwww! Why would you do that?" and then I posted a couple of pictures on Facebook of the view from my dorm bed and now they all hate me because this place is GORGEOUS. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the beach is lovely and so close, and a wide variety of activities is offered: horseback riding, sunset cruise, Beqa island visit, shark diving. I chose snorkeling and was very happy to see many colorful fishes, crazy corals and the reef itself. It's easy to walk to the Arts Village in Pacific Harbour and it's a quick cab ride to the main part of Pacific Harbour (2km away). Make sure to try the Kokoda - a native dish of fish (wahoo) poached in lemon juice and served in coconut milk. YUM! I spent 3 nights here and have never had such great value for the money that I spent. Thanks so much to Amelia and the rest of the staff at Uprising for making it such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank debePa

Bula Vinaka DebbPa, you thanks and kind words have been passed on the Kitchen Staff, and the rest of the team at Uprising, as well as the Activities crew. We are happy you enjoyed your short stay with us, and we definitely look forward to seeing you again very soon. Perhaps next time, you would like to try one of the newly renovated Classic Bures, or spoil yourself in a commodores villa. Once again from everyone at Uprising Beach Resort, Vinaka vakalevu, safe travels and we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

My fiance, 11 month daughter and ! recently stayed at the Uprising for 4 nights whilst my fiance went diving with the Sharks with Beqa Adventure Divers.

We had a villa on the beach (Think it was a Commodore one, relatively brand new with A/C). It was amazing, so spacious and clean with our own little verandah overlooking the beach! Oh and beautiful outdoor shower!

Considering we had just come from a 5 star resort on Denaru, our accomodation here was much better and a lot more personalised - As you would expect from a smaller style resort! I was considering staying at a nearby resort that was more expensive I am so glad that we chose this resort!

The staff were all so very friendly and we absolutely loved the way that they interacted with our little girl! They would play with her at most meal times and walk her around so we could enjoy our meals in peace. We also had her babysat a few times whilst we went snorkelling and had massages (Onsite in bure by the beach! $FJD 551hr ful body!)

Food was excellent, quite good value for money! I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about the property!

We will definatley be returning hopefully next year with some friends on a dive trip!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Chelsea M

Bula Chelsea M, and thank you reviewing Uprising Beach Resort. We are happy you enjoyed the Commodores Villa 1, and the resort overall. We are definitely a lot smaller than the mega resorts found on various parts of the island coast, and offering a smaller unpretentious resort atmosphere is definitely something we take pride in. We will be sure to pass on your thanks and appreciation to the massage ladies, and the resort staff who are always more than happy to look after the children, so you can enjoy and relax a little more on your holiday. We thank you once again for taking time to review Uprising, and we definitely look forward to having you all back with soon. Vinaka vakalevu.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My friends and I went to Uprising Resort for Sunday lunch.

We seated ourselves between the beach and the bar - we basically hat a great view of the sand and the waves and the sky - the property is great!!!

The staff were kind enough to walk from the restaurant to our table near the beach. The staff were friendly and helpful.

We tried to order Coke Zero but it was not available and had to settle for Sprite

Two of my friends ordered thai green curry (one vegetarian and one regular - both not spicy). I ordered by favorite Fijian food: kokoda

The kokoda's price was average when compared to other hotel restaurants in Fiji. The taste was not at par with the price... the fresh fish was did not seem fresh... the coconut milk was not creamy... the spices/veggies included were sparse... the presentation (serving it in a coconut shell) was a nice touch but did not make up for the taste of the kokoda

Will be back for the view but not for the kokoda

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends