We spent 2 nights in villa number 5 at this fantastic resort. It is conveniently located just off the Queens Highway and within short driving distance of many venues and activities in the Pacific Habour area.
The resort has 12 cabin accommodations and 12 villa accommodations, the latter are recent additions and all are set in a well laid out, lovely garden. Whoever designed these villas should receive many kudos! The base structure is made of sturdy materials and painted a colour to blend in with the vegetation. The roof is made of typical thatch. The villa had a huge sitting area, a large bedroom, a good sized kitchnette area, a huge bathroom and an enclosed garden shower. The ceiling had open beams inside and the typical Fijian construction was employed. It was interesting to be able to see this construction.. Sliding glass doors in the lounge and bedroom also had sliding, slated wooden doors thus allowing guests to have as much light as desired and privacy, when needed. The furniture and furnishings were attractive and of the highest quality. We also had a front and back porch. The front porch was furnished with rattan funiture and we had a view of the sea as we sat and sipped our coffee! No expense has been spared in the construction and furnishings of these villas.
The reception area bure had a nice lounge and several computers for client use. The reception staff was friendly, efficient and willing to do whatever was necessary to make their guests' stay a pleasant and memorable one. A large swimming pool was located adjacent to the bar/restaurant/dance floor. The open air dining room served breakfast (included in the room price) buffet style and it consisted of both hot and cold dishes. The lunch/dinner menu gave guests a large selection and the food was quickly and efficiently served; quantity and quality were very good and prices very reasonable.
Located next to the beach was a thatched roof bar/snack bar; several other bures were also located here and included a massage spa and a tour/activitiy bure that rented jet skis, boats, snorkel equipment and organized dive and other sightseeing tours. One of the evenings we were there, they had a bonfrie on the beach. This was fun to attend. The sandy beach was clean and had chaise longue.
All in all, there was absolutely nothing one could fault about this resort and we can highly recommend it. It was excellent value for the price we paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour