Uprising Beach Resort is an amazing resort for all types of parties - singles, couples, families. If you're planning to stay here and are accustomed to weather similar to Fiji's, you don't need to invest in the villas. Dorms are also available, where a lot of backpackers stay for a much cheaper price. My boyfriend and I stayed in the beach and garden villas (5 nights in the beach villa, 2 nights in the garden villa), which are newly renovated homes located either in the garden or on the beach. The other houses are not air-conditioned and are not renovated, but you can still choose either a beach or garden house. The villas have one master bed, a living room area with a couch and tv, large bathroom, outdoor shower, and a small kitchen area that consists of a counter, sink, small fridge, drawers, and electric kettle. The villas are air-conditioned for the hot, humid days or you can open both sliding doors from the living room and bedroom to let the outdoor breeze in. These also have a nice-sized porch with chairs and a small table.
If you're wondering whether the beach and garden villas are due to their locations, the differences are minor. Beach villas have a view of the beach, and you can access the water within 15 seconds of walking. The garden villas are located behind the beach villas, but you can access the water within 1-2 minutes of walking. The beach is still in view of some garden villas but if not, you have a nice view of the garden in the center. Picture the letter "D"; the straight line of the letter are the beach villas, and the curved portion of the letter are the garden villas.
The restaurant and pool are nearby, and each morning you can enjoy continental breakfast to start your day. The staff is very friendly and often ask about yourself or the excursions you've been on during your trip. The front desk is extremely helpful, and if you didn't pre-scheduled any of your excursions (like us), they can call the companies for you and inquire about prices and reservations. I suggest planning beforehand for guaranteed reservations and because the staff earns commission on what they assist you with, so you end up paying about 10% more for certain excursions as opposed to the prices listed online. Regardless, they helped us plan and luckily for us, we were able to book everything we desired. We followed tripadvisor's suggestions for the scuba and shark dives and the jetski tours. These were about a five minute drive away. What's even more convenient is that these companies provide transportation to and from the resort.
If you don't want to spend too much on food, you can go to the Arts Village (10-15 min walk or a short cab ride) and go to the grocery store. Otherwise, you can eat at the resort or at the restaurants nearby. The bank is also located in the Arts Village if you need to pull additional funds or to exchange currencies. Any other place you wish to visit can be arranged via the resort cab, or you can walk to the front of the resort near the road for the next bus to take you there (aim for the large tour buses, they are air-conditioned if you don't like to ride in vans!)
I love Uprising Beach Resort, but to be extremely picky, I wish it was located closer to the airport. It takes about 2 hours to get there from the airport :( If you can, to make the driving arrangements easier, ask if the resort cab can pick you up from the airport. Our cab driver told us that they make trips to and from the airport a couple times during the day to pick up/drop off guests, so hopefully that can work out for you. But once you're at Uprising, almost everything is nearby and is easy to get to.
Like I stated previously, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The guests, whether they be backpackers, families, honeymooners, or divers, were very friendly and were never shy to share their stories with us and also join us on our excursions. The water was very comfortable to wade or swim in, no shivering here! I would definitely return the next time I come to Fiji :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour