The Uprising is a true Fijian experience. If you want your standard western resort then go to the Pearl up the road. The Uprising is basic but basically wonderful. The food is good. The Alcohol is good (cocktails are very strong), the prices are good, the staff are lovely and the beach is beautiful. My two sons and I stayed in a Villa and thank god we did. It was so hot and humid. We arrived boxing day. I was impressed that someone came in and cleaned our room and made our beds every day. Nothing was a problem here for the staff. Service for dinner, lunch or breakfast was a little slow at times but its Fiji and the pace is much slower. Pacific Harbour has lots of things to do. I wouldn't rely on the resort to provide much entertainment. There is a pool and that is about it. The jet ski's were not working and the boat that takes you out to the reef to go fishing or scuba diving ended up being out of commission by the end of our trip. But on saying that there is plenty of local things that you can go and do and lots of other jet ski and fishing companies to take you out. There is a lovely man who has a little horse who is happy to walk you or you child up and down the beach for 40 minutes or so for $40 FJD. My son loved it. We spend NYE there and the party was wild. All the locals seem to love the Uprising. Which is a good thing. The staff are lovely. Especially Jane. Bula Jane. Hope you are well. Kelera the reservations manager is also so lovely and helpful. My only criticism of this resort is that they should have a few more daytime activities going on. I noticed some of the other resorts had jewellery making and canoeing trips during the day. Just something else to do to give you more options. They also need a couple of hammocks around the place for that true island feeling. I would recommend the Uprising to anyone. It is no frills but absolutely clean and beautiful. Pacific Harbour village is two minutes up the road with restaurants, bank, shops and the best massage place i have ever been to. I would also highly recommend doing a day tour to Namumua Village. Going up the river and having a swim at the waterfall along the way was incredible. An absolute must do. The drive from Nadi airport is about 1.5 hours but you can easily jump on the air-conditioned coach or grab a taxi. It is worth coming out that far. Pacific Harbour has so much to do. I would put a stop in at Port Denaru on the way there or back just for some lunch or dinner. It is lovely. (10 min from Nadi). Anyhow i hope that you find this review helpful. If i ever go back to Fiji i would definitely stay at the Uprising Resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylishly nestled on 2 kilometers of sandy beachfront between tropical palms, Uprising offers adventure, relaxation and sheer natural beauty all in one stunning safe location. Imagine a fun friendly place right on the beach where the young and young-at-heart come to play.Authentic Fijian accommodation options range from traditional thatched beachfront Villas and Bures (cottages) to fun tree-house shared facilities. Choose to relax on the beach or by the pool, and have a beachside massage, or take advantage of the many activities on offer. Scuba dive world famous Beqa Lagoon and experience shark diving and soft coral scuba sights, or head into the mountains for a whitewater rafting trip. Other daily activities include game fishing, jet ski island safari’s, golf, shopping at the Arts Village & Cultural Centre of Pacific Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Uprising Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Uprising Beach Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Hotel Uprising Beach
- Uprising Beach Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour