Club Oceanus(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Breakfast included
The Pearl Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$112
$98
  • Breakfast included
ULTIQA at Fiji Palms Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$83
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
$714
$623
Hotels.com
Waidroka Bay Resort(Korovisilou)
$131
$1,091
$758
  • Breakfast included
Crusoe's Retreat(Coral Coast)(Great Value!)
$79
$68
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoutdoor showergarden villabeachfront burearts villagerugby teamdorm roombeqa islandfeejee experienceshark diveriver raftingviti levubeach barbreakfast was includedfijian styleceiling fanour night stayfood and drinks
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We needed to get away for just one night and couldn't go too far from Suva. Although a bit unsure about going to Uprising, as we had heard it was more for backpackers and late night partiers, I was pleasantly surprised as it was just what we had in mind - peaceful, clean and not too crowded. The villa we stayed in was nice, however, we had mentioned we needed to accommodate 2 adults and 2 children, so the double bed in the room was ok, however the couch to bed arrangement was not. I really don't see how we could have slept 2 children there. When we queried we were told we'd have to pay an extra $45 for a roll away bed. I thought this was crazy considering we were already paying $265 per night for our room. The best feature of our villa was the bathroom :) Disappointing features of our villa: mini fridge had nothing in it (not even water), no phones in the rooms (meaning you have to walk to reception if you need anything) & low water pressure.
The restaurant had a great menu and the food is great-will definitely go back for the food! The service however was not so great. We had to wait for service, and 80% of the time we had to walk to the bar to place our food orders. In one instance the waiter forgot our order and food came one whole hour later!! I would have been ticked off had we been in a rush. I don't know if this is so because we're locals and the attitude of staff towards guests vary from hotel to hotel.
I may go back only if there was no other option for accommodation in the area. I would definitely go back for the food - provided I don't have to go out of my way to order. Overall - expensive but not really worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We love love LOVED our stay at Uprising! Three of us shared a Garden View Villa (twin beds and ull out bed) and it was amazing. Comfy beds, nice sofa to watch TV on, massive bathroom, cool outdoor shower, serviced daily. It was so nice to be able to come back to the room after a day at the beach and be able to get rid of the sand and feel clean again without dealing with dirty bathrooms.

Maybe we chose a particularly quiet week to go, but there didn't seem to be as much activity happening as you'd expect from the website or watching the videos. That said, we weren't every bored and still went snorkelling and walked into town for a bit of shopping. So handy to have good supermarket, clothes, and handcraft stores just a 10min walk away. And there were heaps of brochures in reception with ideas for day trips.

But the best part of our stay was the friendly staff. Everyone always greeted you with a "Bula" and did what they could to help out. The food at the restaurant it also amazing (try the Kokonda, Tex Mex pizza and Spaghetti Marinara) and the cocktails were so tasty, and all for such reasonable prices!

We loved our stay and would definitely go back!

Remember the Aeroguard. Fiji mozzies are a bitey bunch!

Room Tip: If you're trying to save money, the Garden Views really aren't that far away from the Beach Views and are the same.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Pros:
Great Accommodation
Great music
Pleasant staff
Terrific Outdoor showers

Cons:
Accommodation not well fumigated - expect to get bitten daily.
Sorry excuse for a continental breakfast - more lift continental drift.
Murky Beach - clear water starts 100+ meters out - too far to swim.
Bad management - problem take many complaints before being resolved.
Bad signage - expect to miss it as you drive past.
Very ................. very ............... far from the airport.
Short of everything - from baby-cots to pillows.
No beach towels
Poor management - something WILL be wrong with your reservation - eg you brought kids that they did no expect
Limited menu - exhausted by day 2 - then you eat same old same old
Nothing too do - great if that's what you planned, terribly boring for any kids or if you are the adventurous types.

You have been warned, don't say I didn't tell you so.

Room Tip: All rooms are good - it's the rest that sucks.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TravellerAustralia02
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We chose the Uprising Beach Resort after reading all the TripAdvisor reviews and I am happy to say that we chose the right place.

Just back from 10 days staying in Villa # 4 (end unit) right on the beach. Well apointed large modern villa. Both the bedroom and living room open out onto the deck facing the beach. Huge indoor bathroom and wonderfull outdoor open air 'rain' shower.

The restaurant is great. Very good Thai and Indian curries. Try the 'Yellow-Fin Tuna burgers'! The staff are friendly, all very helpful and greet you by name.

The beach out front is a real sand beach, no coral at low tide and is a mile and a half long. It's a great long beach for early morning and sunset walks.

Easy 15 minute walk to the 'town' of Pacific Harbor for a couple good restaurants, shops, grocery store and ATM.

Enjoy your stay, Aron & Sandra

Room Tip: The best villa is # 4 at the edge of the complex right on the beach. Very private. Transfers from Nadi Airport can be arranged through the resort.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2012

while staying in Nadi before journeying down here to Pacific Harbour, was told by their staff that there was no dorm rooms available, but after paying for a private bure online, turns out on arrival there are dorm rooms available. They said they could put me in the dorm, but I would not get my money back from paying for the private bure and must use the balance on food/drinks. How much can a single person eat & drink, really?
That was disappointing enough, but I never got any peace from two particular members of their staff, continually hounded night and day as I was a single female. This was really disconcerting to me and rather than report them (as I didn't want them to lose their jobs) I booked another hotel nearby to get away from them. I am only saying this now, because I am warning any single females against going here, unless you want the same treatment and want to ruin your holiday.
I hope they fix up the problem and make it a more safe place for women.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo