The Pearl Resort
Uprising Beach Resort(Pacific Harbour)(Great Value!)
$86
$63
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Nanuku Auberge Resort(Pacific Harbour)
$705
$627
Priceline
Beqa Lagoon Resort(Beqa Island)
$216
$1,027
$790
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Wellesley Resort Fiji(Korolevu)(Great Value!)
$125
$105
  • Pool
Crusoe's Retreat(Coral Coast)(Great Value!)
$107
$79
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mango Bay Resort Fiji(Sigatoka)(Great Value!)
$49
$46
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,051 results
All reviewsnew wingarts villagehappy hourbeqa islandolder partaqua trekshark divewhite water raftingocean viewlovely poolthe penthousenadi airportlovo nightsouth pacificegg stationfish feedingtour desk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2010

My impression was set the moment we came in the gates by the beautiful grounds... green and luscious and beautifully manicured. A blade of grass dare not grow and paint dare not discolour!

The pool area is also lovely. A couple of 4 posted hammocks with shades surround the pool (and as a suggestion to the Managers -another couple wouldn't go astray as they're popular). There's a swim-up bar which looks nice though I didn't see anyone using it, I'm not sure if that's due to it being unattended as the Barperson based themself in the bar above or if it's due to the water being a little cool.

I stayed in a garden room, which didn't fail to disappoint. The room was spacious, light and clean. Like another blogger, my sheets were also stained with what looked like old blood. I could tell the sheets were clean so I didn't complain.

The service was acceptable for a small resort though by no means great. For example: I asked for ice to be brought to the room & after waiting 40 minutes I gave up and went to the restaurant for dinner.
I also had to ask the Barperson several times for a drink as I was forgotten.
I would rate the food 4 out of 5. Squid was a little overcooked though the 2 other lunches and the other dinner I had was excellent.
Exceptions can be easily made as the staff will do anything to make your experience special and honour any request no matter how outrageous.

Happy Hour at the Beach House (which is 4-6pm) is directly overlooking the sea meeting the river. It's a great place to watch the sunset.
We were entertained by a local 3 piece acoustic guitar band. They sang and played Fijian and common English songs... they were really good.
The surprising thing was only around 15 guests at the most attended Happy Hour! It's also a good place to keep in mind if you need a place to celebrate a birthday or wedding! It's a pretty spot.
Overall I loved the peace and serenity. (I only saw 1 child there the whole time – there doesn’t seem to be a lot for kids to do, unlike some of the other resorts in Fiji). Also, I liked the feeling of ‘exclusiveness’... it felt as though there was only a few other guests around.
My friend says the Spa was amazing... the massages send you floating out the door! I also enjoyed talking to a couple of local Fijian's - I think they either work in the resort or for a local tour operator.
Summing it up I'll definitely go back to the Pearl again!! Thank-you!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I brought a group of 50 singles to The Pearl Resort with Singles in Paradise. We stayed on Viti Levu for 4 nights and then went to Malolo Island for 4 nights. The Pearl was chosen based on location, price and many of the reviews on this site. We were all very happy with our stay here. The staff could not have been nicer and the rooms were fine.

This hotel sits on a large beach. It took me 30 minutes to walk to the next resort. On the other side is a river that they call Pacific Harbor. The food and entertainment at the resort was good. They offered some theme nights that were fun. Breakfast is continental but plentiful with lots of muffins, fruit, ceral and juices.

We had a lot of divers on this trip. We used the dive shop on the property and also went with Bega Divers, that picked us up. Both did a fine job. The sea was a bit rough while we were there. The diving was a lot better out on Malolo Island.

I would recommend dining at the restaurant across the street from the hotel if you don't mind lack of atmosphere but good food. It's called Harbor Restaurant and you can eat there for just a few dollars. Lots of currys, and Chinese and Indian food.

We also went river rafting on the Upper Navura River. It was very scenic with lots of waterfalls and gorges but I would not recommend it for exciting rapids.

We also did the zip line tour which was fun. Walk along the beach to the Uprising Resort to visit their bar and restaurant there. This resort also runs a day of snorkeling out to the nearby island that about 15 of us enjoyed. Their watersports company was called Sublime Watersports. They did a great job. I'm sure you could sign up with the tour desk at The Pearl.

They have a happy hour every night at the lobby bar with a 3-piece band that my group really enjoyed.

All in all, it was a really good choice for us and I would take a group back there again.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks on our honeymoon. The place was amazing, the service was top knoth, and the food covered all the bases. We loved the place and the people. The only weird thing that happend was the owner was staying there at the same time as we were, and he was a real sleeze. He was at the bar everynight and was really inappropriate with the women travelers. Other than him, the place was amazing. And we'd stay there again and again. I def recomend renting a car and checking out the island. It has so much to offer!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2010

The first thing I would like to mention is that it will take you 3 hours by car from Nadi (Fiji's international airport) to get to the hotel. People arriving from New Zealand, after a 3hr flight, might not mind this, but my husband and I had flown in to New Zealand from Japan, waited five hours at the airport for our flight to Fiji and upon arriving at Nadi International Airport, were not too happy to be told that it would take a further three hours to get to the resort; this however is our fault for booking this particular hotel without previously knowing how far it was from the airport. We arrived at night, and the hotel looked lovely with lit torches illuminating the wooden floors and the bright red colors in the lobby area; we were so tired, however, that we went straight to our bedroom and to bed. After 10 days staying at this resort, this is what I can tell you: The locals are lovely, sweet people, they smile and greet you at every turn. The food in the hotel is lovely even if the service is not particularly speedy, and we particularly enjoyed the fresh baked muffins every morning at breakfast. The pool is a bit on the small side, but we spent most of our time on the beach. The beach is absolutely lovely and the views from the terraces of the Ocean side rooms are spectacular; having said that, there are only two "bures" or covered areas in the whole beach (yes, there were more than two guests in the hotel) and if you are not an early riser, you will have to find a spot somewhere else, maybe under a palm tree to avoid being SUN burnt to a crisp!
The rooms are a bit dated and the cushions and bed covers smell of damp. We were there for 10 days and every day but one got bath and hand towels covered in weird brown spots. We sent some clothes to be laundered and they came back covered in these same brown spots and smelling a bit funny... Our "SURRENDERING TO SLEEP" sign disappeared from our door twice, and we could hear everything that was happening outside our door as if it were happening in our room (very loud kiddies running in and out of their rooms and slamming doors).
My husband went diving twice, once on a Soft Coral Dive and once on a Shark Feeding dive and said that both experiences were out of this world! Very professional staff on the boats and they provided the diving gear which was almost new and very well kept.
So there it is, this hotels needs updating, better cleaning services and if I had anything to do with it, perhaps a second international airport closer to it!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Macananina
Reviewed July 31, 2010

The Pearl hosted a family reunion we attended and did a great job.

Pacific Harbour is probably not top of the list of places to visit in Fiji and the main local attraction is the nearby Cultural Centre.

The hotel itself is nicely done, the rooms clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly. The facilities were really good and overall if you had to stay in Pacific Harbour then this would be the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple