Have just returned from a week in Fiji staying at The Pearl.
To make it easier I'll break it down and make sure I don't ramble on.
Grounds - beautifully landscaped and immaculately kept. There are hammocks and seating placed all round the gardens where you can relax and enjoy the scenery. The pool is lovely with lots of loungers and different areas to enjoy.
Rooms - ours was a bit tired but I suspect it may be a one off as i asked to look at another and it was alot better but we were on the ground floor which meant we could walk straight out into the garden from our room and we had a daybed outside to use. The ones on the first floor would be ideal then you could leave the door open at night instead of using the old/noisy aircon.
Food/drink - it was average, certainly didn't live up to it's fine dining billing but it did match the prices. Average $17 fiji in the pool, casual dining rooms and $23 - 30 in the fine dining. I'd recommend sticking with the casual. drinks are expensive and a couple of glasses of wine that we had were corked. Breakfast is the usual tropical fare of fresh fruit, yoghurt, limited cereal and toast unless you order separately. I'd recommend the overly priced but very good pancakes and bacon!
Activities - great range of complimentary activities. Kayaking, windsurfing, fishing, snorkelling etc and plenty of other activities can be arranged from the tour desk. The onsite dive shop does sharking diving (we didn't go with them but used a company across the road, you see more fish and coral shen you're not 23m down with a bunch of sharks swimming round you).
Service - pretty patchy. they didn't really have it together. Heard alot of "I'll need to ask my supervisor" and "I'll get back to you" with no feedback. Didn't think they were particularly friendly overall.
Location - great. Didn't think much of Suva, half a day was certainly enough there but haven't seen Nadi. The beach is beautiful which is rare for resorts on this island and Beqa Island is a short trip out with the lagoon in between for great snorkelling and diving. There is also a small village a 5 minute walk away with several cafes, coffee shop and internet cafe so you can get out of the hotel to eat. Just across the road are several small shops and quite a good curry house where you can get a meal for $6.
Overall - I'd be happy to go back, 7 days almost wasn't long enough. Just don't expect attentive service or 5 star dining but the grounds, overall hotel ammenities and the location make up for these small things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour