As I like golf I had heard about The Pearl at Pacific harbor / harbour in Fiji in May/June 2008.
My wife and I had never been to Fiji before and a website sent us a special offer so we grabbed it. I have no complaints about The Pearl because we got a great price for our deal. It is old and needs urgent renovations but we found it clean and yes I would also say 3.5 star. Food was great but got a bit boring after 3 days of our 7 night stay. If you are into diving you would love it.
Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Be aware that this area of Fiji can get a lot of rain for days and this happened to us (we found out eventually)- 3 days solid so we packed up and went to Nadi- nice and sunny.
It is just down the road (400m) from the ARTS VILLAGE which is worth a look but also run down. In fact, the whole area is a bit depressing economically and we felt sorry for the locals. Our taxi driver who was great (from alamanda taxis at Pac Harbour) told us that there is about 20% unemployment in Fiji.
Overall we found The Pearl great value for the price WE PAID and if you get a great deal take it. Only the weather dampened would would have been a great holiday there.
Oh yes - we also found the staff to be great.
Thanks to Tripadviser I was prepared in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour