“Ah the gorgeous Pearl” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Caloundra, Australia
“Ah the gorgeous Pearl”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

BULA !!! Well ,I just had my 3rd holiday at the Pearl, and as usual....it was beautiful ! ! Air conditioned rooms,TVs....fridge, great showers....the rooms are great value....not what I would call cheap, but reasonable !! The staff are all very friendly, and the bar is a great place to hang....happy hour every arvo, is a treat, and the serandors are fabulous fun :) Got to love the pool, with the cave grotto, just right to be in and have a coctail, from the swim up bar.....Rosies, is on the premises to book any activities...and there are things to do, just at the resort too.....New year celebrations was a great treat.....Food is good,fresh and yummy....the buffet brekky, for this time included everything from bacon and eggs cooked the way you LOVE, pancakes, fruit, pastries, toast, coffee/tea/juices, all included free daily.....yum....only a 10 min walk to the arts village, which you will want to go to everyday....the Day Spa.....perfect for a relaxing massage....we treated ourselves to a couples massage for our anniversary, which was simply divine.....The Pearl...a definate reccomend place to stay.....Gorgoeus....Vinaka :)

Room Tip: Try the Ocean View rooms, located on the ground floor, your back door will open out onto your own pr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Cape Town, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked a 2 night stay at The Pearl for my brother, his wife and 1 year old daughter who came all the way from South Africa to visit me in Fiji. I made the booking via email with the reservations manager and the GM was copied in on all emails. I made a deposit on the 01 November 2012. I then deposited the rest of the balance on 24 December and emailed the reservations manager to advise him of this however never received any response from him to date.

Upon leaving The Pearl, the lady at the check in desk advised that money was outstanding. I advised her that I paid the bill in full already. She then asked if I had proof of it to which I did not have on me. I advised her that I can show my internet banking and she advised me that I can do so but must pay for internet which will cost $6 for 30 min! Why must I pay for internet to prove something to them which I have already advised them of? That’s absolutely absurd!

Luckily, I had my tablet phone with me where I was able to access my bank account and showed it to her. She then went to show the GM, Natalie the proof to which she came back and said everything is fine and apologized for the inconvenience. We left an hour later after trying to check out!

The next night I received a call from The Pearl’s number at an ungodly non-business hour which was 23h58. I didn’t realize it was The Pearl’s number until someone else called me the next afternoon at 14h30 to advise me that a payment is outstanding!!!!!!!!! Another day later after sending them a complaint email with the proof of payment, another staff memeber calls me asking about the "outstanding payment"!!!!!

On another note, my brother advised mentioned that all guests were told to be out of the pool at 17h00 as they were putting chlorine into the pool. Which resort/hotel does that???? And when people are on holiday no doubt and especially it being the last day of the year???? I stayed for one night on the second night they were there and paid $90 for an extra adult. We had to call housekeeping 3 times to ask for someone to come and make up the bed. Eventually, I went upstairs to ask the man by the desk and he made sure someone came.

My brother went to reception to ask for an adaptor as they advise this in their guest book and the man at the reception told him to go buy one at the shop!!!!!!!!! Seriously?????????????

Several pathetic failures from this hotel that I would NOT recommend to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Rene R
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel is run down, including the rooms. The staff were okay, but not very interested -- apart from the wedding organiser, who was fantastic. I probably wouldn't come here again, although, as I said, it is pretty good value and includes breakfast, which was a great breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed at the Pearl for a week and had an amazing experience. Despite the fact that the room initially allocated to us wasn't up to the mark, the resort made it up by shifting us to a new one and compensating with massage vouchers. The restaurants, pool and baby minding services were satisfactory and we didn't have much to complain about. The staff is quite friendly and accommodating and had a smile on the face all the time. The only drawback is the drive from Nadi (2 hrs) although Pearl provides transfers through an A1 taxi service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rajat D
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent a five days holiday at this resort. It is far from Nadi (3 hours by bus or 2.5 hours by taxi), but the price is much cheaper than these resorts near Nadi. The room is nice and comfortable, the food is fine and cheaper than other resorts, it is close to beach and there is a nice river nearby you can do some kayaking there.

The staffs are nice and friendly, but the service is a problem. When we arrived, the phone in the room was not working, the air-con was not working and the sheet was dirty. When you need something, you need to ask them three or four times, and they still can't get the thing right. On the day we left, the phone was still not working. We booked a minibus thru the resort for our transport back to Nadi airport, the minibus didn't show up and we had to hire a taxi to catch the flight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Adam Y
York, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Spent a few days rest and recreation at the Pearl while working in Christchurch following the earthquakes. First trip to the South Pacific. delighted with my choice. A very good resort with a top class golf course and the most wonderful beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank John P
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I just had to write a review for the Pearl after the wonderful stay we just had there. I will forever remember the smiles of the beautiful staff. We travelled with a young baby and took advantage of the babysitting service. I'm so glad we did. We actually had 9 hours of babysitting (every afternoon and evening) and did not have a moment's hesitation, concern or worry for my precious baby's welfare. She became a minor celebrity around the resort as Fi wandered around with her. She was so comfortable I was able to return to breastfeed her and take off almost immediately without her even batting an eyelid. Yes some of the comments regarding towels, wet bathroom floors etc are accurate but we don't care about those things, particularly in light of the awesome location, people, scenery, pool, bar, lobby, cocktails, food, things to do etc. The list of good far outweighs any shortfalls. I loved having the Arts Village nearby so you had a good excuse for a walk up the road for a bite to eat or some provisions. We will return.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nanuku Auberge Resort
#1 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort

Been to The Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!