The staff are the reason for this hotel getting some stars they make it so comfortable. I have never felt so welcome and safe in any hotel. The people in the township are exactly the same and would do anything for you. Particularly good staff members were Levi, Bena, Matt, Save and Mara always up for a chat and a joke. If any of you are reading this, thank you for everything. The food is very good especially the Kokoda and any of the fresh fish dishes. I have never had Mahi Mahi taste so good.
Now on to the more negative aspects, The room did not seem all that bad, although run down, until I went into the bathroom. It was mouldy and the shower head was on a bizarre angle. The towels were a pale shade of grey and rooms were often not cleaned quickly and we were left without towels. There was also a distinct lack of drinking water. A hotel should provide a water fountain in the main lobby or hallways especially in a hot country. I would expect this to be standard and it usually is in any other hotel or backpackers for that matter. Also, one of the nights we were there the water went off due to a problem at the plant. They could not help this however, most large hotel have back up tanks and generators to solve this problem and they should too. It rains enough in Fiji to be able to do this easily. I was also informed by other guests it went off twice the week before. The water outage happened around dinner time when people needed to shower after trips etc. They were told to take a dip in the pool! The management should have offered a free drink here to all guests as a courtesy I feel.
The gardens are very well kept and the pool is lovely and clean. There are masses of frogs which i really enjoyed and plenty to do during the day with the pool staff. We kayaked around the entry to the estuary and had our own private beach for the afternoon. Good trips are the fishing/spear fishing trip, rafting and diving with the sharks.
While we were visiting, the PNG president and dignitaries were there for their welcoming. This was a big deal for the hotel and it did upset some of the locals as they were kept away which seemed unfair. I hope they do go ahead with the plans and improve the hotel as it needs it and it will only aid Pacific Harbour.
This hotel has a lot of work to do to be 5 stars - cosmetically only and management attitude. The staff are great! Get the rooms up to scratch and we would surely visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour