I had read some mixed reviews about this hotel so wasn't quite sure what to expect. I had emailed the hotel in advance asking that they book transfers for us and a cot for our 16 month old daughter. I emailed the week before we were due to arrive to confirm these things but did not get a reply and so we had no transfers or cot. This sounds like a bug deal but we found a taxi easily enough and ended up taking our own travel cot so it didn't bother us.
From the moment we checked in we felt right at home - the staff were the loveliest I have ever encountered in any hotel we have stayed in. They all knew our daughter's name by the second day and were always keen to pick her up and give her a cuddle which she loved! I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this as I'd read that they love kids in Fiji but they were so nice and genuine that we were happy to let them do this. When we ate our dinner at night if she got a bit fed up due to tiredness the waitresses would happily come over and take her, walk around with her and generally cheer her up - a welcome 10 minute break to eat our food! They never took her out of our sight which was great. One night one waitress, Mela, pretty much sat down and fed her her whole meal!
The hotel did have an issue with water for 1 day (not their fault) and they gave us a baby bath and water to make sure we could give our daughter her nightly bath which was really thoughtful of them. They did things like make sure there was hand sanitiser in all of the toilets whilst the water was off and the second it came back on the staff were frantically cleaning the place - you couldn't ask them to do anything more in the circumstances.
We ate in the hotel each night and the food was brilliant - not overpriced at all and plenty of choice for a week's stay. The kids menu was also good - not everything came with chips like some places tend to do. There is one restaurant across the road from the hotel and the Arts and Cultural Centre down the road (10 minute walk) but I'm very pregnant so didn't fancy waddling anywhere in the dark.
The grounds are very well maintained and the pool and beach are lovely - our daughter had a great time exploring and there are plenty of activities to keep you entertained.
People have mentioned the beds, and they aren't the most comfortable in the world, and yes, some of the towels were perhaps a little old, but nothing is too much trouble for the staff if you ask them, and the place was spotless so we had very little cause for complaint.
If you want a week of relaxation then this place is ideal - the spa is fantastic and reasonably priced. I would recommend it for couples and people with small children. There is no kids club so perhaps if you travel with kids that are a little older than ours and like that sort of thing it might be worth finding another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on one of Fiji's longest sandy beaches and surrounded by lush tropical gardens, The Pearl Resort is an idyllic escape in the heart of Fiji's adventure capital of Pacific Harbour. The chic and stylish Fiji accommodation will set the perfect mood for your perfect holiday with Ocean, Marina or Garden View rooms and Penthouse Suites available to choose from while Internationally acclaimed chefs create diverse menus that reflect both local and international cuisine in no fewer than six on-site restaurants including the signature fine dining restaurant, Seduce. Synonymous with romance, The Pearl Resort is the perfect location to host a Fiji wedding and provides couples with some of the best wedding packages in Fiji. These include a variety of venue options such as the elegant beachfront chapel and a dedicated wedding coordinator to help ensure everything runs smoothly. Whether you're looking for an adrenaline charged adventure holiday or a luxurious vacation to relax, unwind and recharge, The Pearl Resort is the ultimate holiday destination for the discerning traveller. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Pearl Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pearl South Pacific Hotel Pacific Harbour
- Pearl South Pacific Harbour
- The Pearl Resort Fiji, South Pacific - Pacific Harbour