“Loved it”
Review of The Pearl Resort

The Pearl Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here for a week, and we barley left the resort. They had everything we needed, organised everything we wanted and had great daily activities. The beach the resort is on is really nice, and on the other side is a lake which is really nice to kayak along. They organised a snorkelling tour to a beautiful island, and it felt like you were living in paradise. Also organise tours to spectacular waterfalls and also to local villages. If you are looking for a most luxury holiday where you have other people doing all the planning and work for you - this is the place. The bar staff are also amazingly wonderful and entertaining.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank ranijayne

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Having stopped at three much larger resorts en route to Nadi, our decision to stay at The Pearl was an excellent one and worked for us. Great location in terms of diving, rafting, kayaking and exploring the coral coast. Hotel grounds and facilities really good. No issue with the room, although agree with earlier post that the pillows are not great! The staff really make this place. Nothing too much trouble. All in all, well worth the 2.5 hour drive from the Airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ozpak
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We just came back from a 5 day stay at The Pearl South Pacific. We had an amazing time, the staff were super friendly as were many of the locals. Some things you have read in the previous reviews are true, i.e. bathrooms getting wet (solution: don't put the pressure on so high), yes there was no exhaust fan (big deal) bed was a little hard but it was a nice change from my soft bed. I wasn't overly impressed with the "fijian night" buffett, I thought it was definately below quality standard as other food we ate at the resort was quite nice. I also booked a private romantic dinner in the bure for my partners birthday, it was fantastic, the set up of it was divine and the food was amazing. I would say the only down side is definately the 3 hour ride to the resort and then back to the airport. in a way I am glad I had read the previous reviews as it kind of prepared me for the worst and to be honest half of what is mentioned is not a big enough deal to be upset about, you're on holidays and supposed to chillax. I can say that we would DEFINATELY stay there again without any hesitations!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank debs T
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Enjoyed a weekend at the Pearl. I think I was upgraded as my room was very large – essentially had two rooms, divided by a partial wall that had a TV in it which could be turned to face either room (the room with the couch & table, or the bedroom). While this isn’t a high-end, luxury chain hotel, it was nice, comfortable, clean & safe. The food and the service were good, the views were lovely. Participated in a resort craft session where we wove fans out of leaves – it was a fun way to spend an hour down by the water. Also enjoyed a coconut-skinning & opening demonstration out on the lawn. The lobby is open (two sides not enclosed by walls) so all the breezes (and little creatures) can come right through – typical for island hotels, I think. I did not have any problems with bugs, but I always wore repellant. Booked a boat ride up the river at the friendly & hospitable tour desk in the lobby. Some restaurants & shops, including a grocery store, are within walking distance up the road. There is also a small grocery store right across the road from the hotel property. My flight came into Suva where I had some business, so this was just a short ride out of town (maybe 30 minutes?). Overall, I would rate this a "Good", but that's not an option, but I have to pick either Average or Very Good...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank WItravelingirl
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I have just come back from my 8 days holiday in Fiji. It was absolutely amaaaaaaaaazing.
Me, my wife, my son(22) and my daughter(13), had the best experience in ages.
Our room was the very best. We stayed at the penthouse ocean view. My kids stayed at the suites ocean view. Lots of activities: snorkeling, jet-ski safari, flying fox, massage by the beach, cooking lessons, happy hour every day, walking on a beach send at sunrise, etc...
It was fantastic. The staff is very well trained and they will make you fill like you're at home. I arrived yesterday and I have to say I'm missing my routine there already.
It was one of the best trips ever. I strongly recommend staying there. Don't expect fancy-shmancy. Go and enjoy!

Room Tip: I liked the ocean view penthouse. We could see the ocean and also the swimming pool. Lot's of sp...
8  Thank maurorisch
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had our wedding at the Pearl a few weeks ago, and although there were a few issues, our overall experience was a positive one.
Pros- the resort from the outside is amazing!! It has great big gardens, great spa, great restaurants, awesome little beach bar for happy hour and great views. I would always prefer to stay in Pacific Harbour rather than the hustle and bustle of Nadi. Our wedding went splendidly, Leanne the wedding planner was great to work with and her team made everything fall into place without us noticing anything! The food was of a very high standard, especially the wedding night, was just amazing and plentiful!! The front lounges were what attracted me to the Pearl from the beginning, big daybeds and giant couches for guests to hang out in. The spa was well worth the stay as well, such lovely co-operative staff too.
Cons- the reception staff, which is your main point of contact really need to improve their customer service skills. Our rooms were not to a standard of a "4 star" resort at all, they were not cleaned very well, our towels weren't replaced, no floor mat, and no exhaust fan so you had a steam room after every shower. We also had a few roaches in our room as well, no information folder (which I asked for and was not given to me), there was not enough storage space and very uncomfortable beds.
I would think a resort that you are having your wedding at and also 30-40 of our guests were staying at would go that extra mile to make sure you were as comfortable as you could be. I was incredibly disappointed with the service at the Pearl. I wish I could have had a more personable experience and I think I got less than what I paid for. Some of my other guests (who booked their discounted accomodation through other websites) were upgraded to better rooms even though we paid full price for our below average room.
I would not take back having my wedding here, but I was truly disappointed with the way some of the staff dealt with us.Their saving grace was definitely the restaurant/bar staff and general ground staff, along with the appearance of the resort and a truly wonderful wedding thanks to the wedding planning team and mantarae restaurant staff!!

3  Thank RajKidd
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The resort itself is amazing...but be prepared for a two and a half hour drive from Nadi Airport!
Our flight was delayed so we arrived at The Pearl well after 6pm...which seemed like 8pm as there are no street lamps along the road getting there!? So it felt as though we wasted a day in getting there!
Once we arrived we were greeted with welcoming smiles and "Bula" all round!
Our room was well positioned, overlooking the lovely green gardens of the resort and also the beach just meters away.
The standard of the room was basic but comfortable. The cleanliness however could do with a little more attention.
The Bistro situated ground level was wide open and welcoming. We looked forward to breakfast each morning...Buffet style and lots to choose from. Hot continental breakfast, cereals, fresh fruits, pastries, toast etc.
The meals at dinner were always pleasing. An amazing dish i would recommend is the 'Kokoda'.
Its a cold soup made with fish cooked in coconut milk! Very nice!
The pool is clean and inviting with a Bar located at one end which was convenient for odering cocktails and light meals whilst relaxing under the sun!
The long stretch of beach is ideal for a carefree walk and the water surprisingly warm!
Overall The Pearl Resort is perfect to relax, leave all your worries behind and do nothing but chill!
I must point out that the staff are what truly make the place...their warm welcoming smiles and their cheerful greetings always manage to put a smile on our faces! "Bula" :)

2  Thank Tessa00
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa
Sheraton Fiji Resort
Sheraton Fiji Resort
#7 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to The Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!