“The Pearl had advantages and diadvantages”
Review of The Pearl Resort

The Pearl Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Pacific Harbour
Reviewed June 27, 2012

We just returned from Fiji on Friday, after staying at the Pearl for a week.The hotel/resort is spacious and we liked the fact its not a stack'em and pack'em in resort, like some on the coral coast.Like others we wanted a less overcrowded place.The food was average price and average quality the buffet type breakfast same everyday but enough variety.The pool was great, and we liked the fact theirs lots of indoor and outdoor places to sit and read and or relax.The bedrooms were spacious but I found the beds far too hard,thus ended up not sleeping well.We had a garden view room which smelt a bit damp.The air-con is noisy and you can hear the people next door and their tv's,so a handy tip is -take good set of earplugs!

Room Tip: What ever level you go for- the higher the dearer- take earplugs esp if your a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 20, 2012

its a nice hotel from the outside, great location but needs to be modernized and renovated. rooms and bathrooms are a bit old. indian food was ok, could be better. staff is good and friendly, like most of fiji. surprisingly has wifi in the rooms, which usually is missing from most hotels in fiji.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We got a great price at only $75 per night, then where upgraded to the red passion penthouse suet for free.
The pearl was great value for money, the staff where friendly and helpfully.
Will be staing at the pearl next time we are in Fiji!
The beach the pearl is on is amazing, you can hire paddle boats and snorkelling equipment for free!
Food was to die!! ( but a little over priced)
The I house beauty spa was lovel!

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Georgia5490
Reviewed June 16, 2012

stayed here with friends for 3 nights. this resort is situated right next to the beach. we stayed in an ocean view room on the 1st floor.

pros
hammocks, secluded private beach (can spot fishes in morning), indoor cinema, professional massages, ocean views, palm trees.

cons
shower has no screen. so gets very messy.
breakfast is average, lunch and dinner were a disappointment.
not enough pool lounges.
spa was fully booked - but managed to get 1 treatment.

overall an affordable place to relax and unwind with a good book.

Room Tip: ocean view rooms on 1st or 2nd floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Been here 3 times now. Pretty good value for money with OK rooms and pretty good facilities. Overall its a very relaxing place to spend a few days. Staff are very friendly.
The long open beach is great for walks, nice island views. Quiet pool area.
Restaurants (2) are of a high quality and there's a pretty impressive (but not inexpensive) wine list. Not a bad little gym.
There are enough activities in the area (Golf, diving, zip-lining, off road etc) to fill your day. The shark dive is a brilliant but perhaps once in a lifetime experience (my kids love the DVD).
Overall if you are closer to Suva on the coast then this is a great place to stay. Aircons are a bit noisy, and they could do with a pillow selection, but now I'm being fussy.

Room Tip: Face the ocean if you can (love the sound of the waves).
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I used a Cudo voucher to stay at the Pearl for our first time to Fiji. We absolutely loved it! The weather was disappointing, but the staff were just beautiful and so accommodating. The food was delicious and it was a great place to relax, refresh, and unwind. The transport was easy to arrange although it was a long drive. Just wish we had a few more ds to stay!

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms have a great patio and large table to hang out and sit at.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aliciay98
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My cousin and I decided to meet up in Fiji with her two boys (ages 4 and 7) and my two girls (ages 2 and 3) at the Pearl South Pacific. It was my first time traveling alone so I was a little nervous but it ended up being a fantastic vacation!

After being delayed by almost a day and half with Air Pacific (only airline that travels non-stop to Fiji from Cali) we arrived at the Nadi airport in the evening. We met with the driver who we'd arranged through the hotel. We had asked the hotel to arrange car seats but one of the car seats was too small so my daughter who is 4 had to sit in the back without a car seat. Pretty scary considering we had a 2.5 hour drive to the hotel but you will come to get used to the fact that people in Fiji rarely use car seats at all but to them it's totally normal. Anyway... due to the recent floods, some parts of the roads to the hotel were pretty beat up. The price to get from the airport to the hotel was $190 Fijian. Later in our trip, I met a man from the US who now lives in Fiji who told me that there is a bus that travels to and from the airport and costs a mere $20 (too late). On our return trip to the airport, we booked the taxi directly without the help of the hotel, and it was only $160 Fijian.

Now, I loved everything about this hotel except for the rooms. The open contemporary layout of the hotel is so beautiful. It has a beautiful pool, a pool bar, two nice restaurants with great food, great staff (so nice!), a beautiful beach, a beach lounge area, a cinema room (where you can book for free and watch movies - the hotel has a list of movies available but you can also buy some from the Arts Village for $3 or $4 US dollars)

As much as I loved the hotel, I hated the rooms. We chose a ground floor ocean view. We really didn't have an ocean view as there were plants in front of it blocking our view. It was probably a mistake booking the ground floor as my cousin and I (luckily not the kids) were devoured by the mosquitos!!!! (btw, I had tons of insect repellant on) The beds were very uncomfortable as I don't like hard beds. The pillows were super hard too. I guess it's a matter of opinion as I know people who love hard beds and pillows but for me they were very uncomfortable. The bathroom shower was uncomfortable as there is no door so only 1/2 of the shower is covered with glass and while trying to take a shower water splashes everywhere in the bathroom. In my opinion, the hotel should really think about renovating the rooms.

The hotel is minutes away from the Arts Village. You can either pay $3 Fijian or walk to the village. The village has a small park, restaurants, shops, a bank, and a supermarket. We went there many times during our trip. We had a traditional Fijian massage which was very nice.

We took a day trip into Suva, the country's capital and that was pretty interesting. We loved seeing all the villages along the way, did all our souvenir shopping at Jacks, went to mall, passed by the President's house, etc.

All in all, it was a great trip and the kids really enjoyed it!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Nanuku Auberge Resort
Nanuku Auberge Resort
#1 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Shangri-La's Fijian Resort & Spa

Been to The Pearl Resort? Share your experiences!