“This was my 2nd trip with Freedive and not my last”

Freedive Fiji Charters - Day Trips
More attraction details
Owner description: Dare to take the plunge? Think your Fijian experience couldn’t get any better? Think again! Charter today with the #1 adventure that everyone is talking about. Get stretched and join Freedive Fiji for the adventure of a lifetime. Whether you chose Spearfishing, Gamefishing, Island Excursion, Village Excursion, Snorkeling, or Sunset Cruise, you can rest assure our crew will lead you on a H₂0 experience you won’t forget! Freedive Fiji has come together combining the oldest tradition in the country with techniques and technology of modern day fishing, opening the doors to a haven of unspoiled territory right at our doorstep. Freedive Fiji Charters is headquartered in Pacific Harbour, the "adventure capital of Fiji". In addition to providing our guests with the very highest standards of service, we aim to make our charter trips educational, informative and fun. We are dedicated to delivering the highest value to our customers while striving to meet and exceed all expectations on every Freedive Fiji charter. Our guides have over 15 years experience so our customers can relax knowing that all their needs will be exceeded, the charter will run smoothly, and that the instruction from the training arm of Freedive Fiji is second to none. Freedive Fiji Private charters can be fully tailored to suit your needs taking into account desired species, locations, trip duration and dates and can include any of the following: Spearfishing, Sportfishing, Gamefishing, Surfing, Island hopping, Bucks Parties, Wedding Celebrations, & Island Transfers. Custom charters are offered daily, please contact us for details and availability.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“This was my 2nd trip with Freedive and not my last”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Thie first time I went with freedive was in 2012. Great day, 6 people on board and we all caught a Wahoo each, BIG Wahoo. Then in October this year I went out with them again and managed to tick a Mahi Mahi (Dolphin fish) off my bucket list. Great fishing. The crew are very helpful and friendly, boat(s) in good condition and the fishing gear they use are top shelf. will defiantly be booking again and I recommend these guys A+++ I have been out with other charters in Fiji before but will now always stick with Freedive. Thanks

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Half Day Fishing 10/10/2013”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked a half day deep fishing trip there were six of us on board. Fishing, like no other trip ever I fell asleep and only got to touch a rod when there was a fish on one. I got to pull in a mackerel one of two caught. A very large Spanish mackerel was caught. At the end of the day the large fish was filleted on one side and we got a couple of pieces each. The other fish were not even offered to us. I could sense the reluctance of the person filleting the fish to part with too much. I asked one of the crew what was happening with the other half and was told it would be used the next day to feed people on a day trip. The crew were well aware that my husband intended to give any fish we caught to the village next to our resort. Feeling upset yes angry I didn’t pay to fish for someone else’s lunch On a positive note the crew were friendly and helpful

2 Thank Rolyz
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Once in a Lifetime fishing experience”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

After reading reviews written by other tripadvisor users I booked a full day fishing charter for my husband and daughter. They were not disappointed. My daughter caught a dolphin fish, and my husband a 220lb+ blue marlin. It took him and the two other men on the charter 1.5hra to bring it in. Although the freedive crew tried to revive it, the marlin died, and was then donated to the local village.

My husband would have been happy catching fish the size of the bait being used. He spoke highly of the crew stating they did not worry about fuel although there were only four people on the charter. The crew did as much as they could to ensure a catch, trying various areas and tackle. We were told it was the first Blue Marlin for the season. A great day for everyone involved. Thanks to everyone - a one in a lifetime experience.

Visited September 2013
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Game fishing private charter 8pax”
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

One of the highlights of our trip!
Highly recommend this trip. Tasty homemade lunch and snacks provided. We were allowed to take our fish home with us also which was a bonus. Caught plenty of Mahi Mahi which was awesome.
The crew were fantastic which made our day even better!

Wagga Wagga, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ripped off and frustrated.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We saved for over twelve months for our trip to Fiji, booked in to a 5 star resort and organised our first ever fishing charter through the tourist activities office at the resort. We were assured "110% you will catch a fish with Freedive, they are the best in Fiji". How wrong was this advice! We had to hire transport at an additional cost of $160 and leave the Warwick Resort by 6.45 am to travel to the Pearl Resort at Pacific Harbour (which meant we missed out on having our prepaid breakfast, served between 7-10). Upon arrival we were greeted and lead to the boat where everything seemed to be in order. Once we were aboard and heading out to sea the Captain told us that we would be "spotting birds" to guide us to where the fish would be. However before we even saw any birds one of the engines seized. After unsuccessfully trying to repair the engine the Captain made the decision to cast the lines and troll around the reef line back into the dock of the Pearl Resort and from this point on it was clear that it would be a small miracle if we caught anything. As we neared the starting point the Captain stated "if we get skunt you guys are welcome to come back tomorrow afternoon to go snorkelling and have a picnic". This was the last thing we wanted, all we wanted was to go fishing and feel that we got our moneys worth. When the engine seized the Captain should have been up front and said we could not go where he planned and offered to reschedule or even refund (fully or partially), rather than treat us like mugs who had no idea what was going on. During the boat ride the Fijian deck hand was more concerned with giving his contact name, number and face book details to my daughter to try and hook up with her rather than ensuring we were getting our Fijian fishing experience! Extremely disappointed with Freedive Fiji Charters, don't let the name fool you there's nothing 'Free' about it. The most expensive boat ride and chicken sandwich I have ever encountered.

5 Thank Donna J