“A lot of fun”
Review of Zip Fiji

Zip Fiji
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy the high-flying thrills of the South Pacific's largest zipline adventure zipping over the tree top canopy with breath taking views of the Pacific. We're located just minutes from 30 minutes from Nadi and we'll even pick you up and return you to your hotel.
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We took a group of teenagers and had a ball here. A series of 8 zip lines through the Fijian Rainforest. A great lot of fun. Also visited Spice Garden next door.

1  Thank Vicki B
There are newer reviews for Zip Fiji

Reviewed May 6, 2013

From Nadi, it's about a 3 hr hilly, bumpy and windey trip, so if you get car sick, not recommended. In saying that, it's about 8 zip lines. Depending on time and your group, we got offered to abseil off one of the platforms a redo part of the course again which gave us roughly 12 zip lines. It's great fun and the people are very nice. One of the guides went first and took pictures and video with our cameras as we zipped in.

Expect the course to be done in 30-45mins

The staff and bus driver were very very nice as my wife got sick from the drive and they were very accommodating towards this.

1  Thank LAC0449
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We enjoyed the Zipline. It only took us 45 minutes though. At the midway point we were offered the chance to start again but as one of our group members didn't want to, none of us could. It was an expensive activity and I wouldn't do it again. Have enjoyed other ziplines much more (e.g. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary). Refreshment at the end was cordial and a muffin & a piece of watermelon. Other members on the tour had been in the bus for 3.5 hours and then had to turn around after 1 hour and drive for another 3.5 hours in a very bumpy minibus with a driver that at no point spoke to the passengers. Zipline staff were enthusiastic, happy and helpful.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

As a tour, the day was a little disappointing when compared to other day tours. The driver was less than friendly.
The trip from the Naviti took about an hour and when we got there the toilets had no water. We did received a cold lemonade (made from fresh lemons), fuit, muffins and brownies.
The Zip line experience was awesome and more than made up for the tour company driver. Staff were very safety conscious, yet at the same time enthustiastic, fun and determined that everyone had a good time. And we did. They don't have professional photographers there selling experience photo packages like so many other places. However, the staff carried our own cameras throughout the entire trip, taking photos (including full family photos on platforms) and videos for us.
It was a fantastic day, and an experience I would highly recommend to all ages. Hopefully the tour companies will get their act together soon.

1  Thank MacFields
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The zip lining on the tour was good. The low rating has more to do with Rosie Holiday service than with the zip line tour.

When I booked the tour I was told it would be about a 3 hour tour or so total. Figured there would be some driving to get to the location. Was also told we would get a snack/lunch on the tour.

I was in Denaru, Fiji and it turned out the hours amounted to about 3 1/2 hours one way on the tour bus. The driver pretty much ignored us the entire way except on occasion to bark out something to us. Since he never turned around to address us most of what he said was lost to us. He never said if we were getting closer as we were sitting on the bus for many hours some information would have been greatly appreciated. We did make a stop after about 2 1/2 hours to use the bathroom and go to a store that basically was a pitch to buy trinkets that were a bit over priced. Still no knowledge as to how much longer we would be on the bus from the driver. He was on the phone quiet a bit and he would pick up other people and drop them off along the way, he did converse with them nicely.

Since I had taken a previous tour that was hosted by Rosie Holiday and had such an awesome driver I was stunned at the lack of customer service or any service for that matter from this driver. I had also utilized their services for pickup from the airport to my timeshare. That driver was phenomenal, since two of the passengers were going to another island he took us on an impromptu tour thru the city and pointed out some good local restaurants and places that might interest us. Was very impressed and looked forward to having more great service from this company.

We had to stop at some of the hotels to pick up other members that were also going to zip line. None of those people kept us waiting more than about 3 minutes if that. Everyone was courteous and were waiting and ready for pickup so they didn't add to much to the time. When we finally got to the zip line tour the driver did bark out something about the gear which we didn't quiet catch.

If anyone has zip lined you know that the briefing is usually short and to the point. "Don't touch anything, we will make any adjustments to the harness and clip you in and release you". The fitted us with safety helmets, harnesses and gloves and we were ready to zip. We did a little bit of a hike to the first zip line and then we were off.

The guides enjoy their jobs very much. There was light teasing and encouragement along the way. We were almost to the end and they told us we had two more zip lines to go. We had two choices we could continue on and do the last two and call it a day or we could repel down and hike back a little ways and do the entire run again at a much quicker pace. For those of us that had been on the bus for almost 4 hours and we had only been zip lining for about 30 minutes we appreciated that very much. We all repelled down and did the run again.

The guides were super helpful and very safety conscious. Since we were in a rain forest I was prepared for rain but luckily we had a beautiful day and dare I say it no bugs on that day. Did see a very long centipede hadn't seen one of those in years. All of the participants were great and a fun bunch to spend the day with. There was a nice 200m zip run that was super fast.

When we booked we were told there would be a light snack. I have been to 2 other zip line places one in Hawaii and the other in Belize and they always gave us something to eat after expending that much adrenaline our systems need a boost. Hawaii was a nice light snack of fruit and burgers which aren't light but it was protein. In Belize it was a feast, loads of food and fruits. In Fiji there was a cooler of water. Since I already had my own water I said no thank you to what they had. There was no snack, fruit nothing.

Then our driver barked at us to get back on the tour bus as he had to make another run and pickup more passengers for the afternoon tour. I had packed some power bars but had already eaten most of them and my body needed something more. About 20 minutes into the ride back he stopped at a liquor store for us to get some snacks. I asked if we would be able to stop someplace to get something with a bit more sustenance than chips and cookies. He said no this is where we could purchase something if we wanted and we needed to hurry as he was running behind. I asked about what we were promised in terms of a snack, he looked at me like I was an idiot and just got back on the bus.

Those of us that came from Denaru were on the bus about 7 hours with nothing to eat except if we packed some emergency snacks and junk food from a liquor store. I asked to be let off once we hit town so I could go to a restaurant because I was so hungry and shaky at that point I needed to eat something with protein.

The next day I asked the staff at the booking desk as to what were we supposed to get on the tour. I also told them they need to let people leaving from Denaru know that it was a very long day and that it was closer to 3 1/2 hours one way and not the 2 hours they try to convince you that it was. This way we would be better prepared with food and also with the decision of whether or not we wanted to spend that much time traveling to a destination with only about an hours worth of entertainment.

The staff said we were supposed to get a snack. They called the zip line guides or the head guy and he said we had gotten snacks. That I had refused the snack. I had said no to water, because I had my own, so maybe that was the snack then.

At the airport I had ran into one of the other zip liners that was staying closer to the attraction than we were. it She also confirmed that we never got a snack. She had also mentioned she and others saw me asking the driver about it and his lack of caring. Those that were staying closer felt sorry for us that came up from Denaru as they could see how hungry and petered out we were from the long day on the bus and not being able to get proper food along the way.

The thing that really upset me was that I wasn't asking for a refund or really for any compensation just wanted them to let people know a little more so they could be better prepared and have a much more enjoyable experience. Being made to feel like I was a liar and just carrying tales left me with a bad taste. I am glad that I did not do this tour on my second to last day there because I think it would have made my trip to Fiji such a let down after all of the great experiences.

If you are closer to the zip line I say do it if you only have to travel about an hour or so even an hour and a half it is great. If you have to travel half a day it is not worth it.

11  Thank Simone L