“We saw tiger shark!!!”

Aqua-Trek Shark Encounter
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Thank you Illy and staff for a fantastic day of diving!!! It's a pity that we couldn't do more shark diving - but we got lucky to have seen a tiger shark first time, yay!

There are newer reviews for Aqua-Trek Shark Encounter

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have just done a couple of days diving with Aqua-Trek and found it some of the best in Fiji diving. Many of the Island sites are now over exploited and have too many divers in the area. The Beqa lagoon has lot to offer and despite the weather being a little more variable the diving is better all round. The coral is coming back after the damage of the cyclone 10 to 15 years ago and there are`still good soft corals to appreciate. Many sites around Fiji are dead. Aqua-trek I found to be accommodating although having to pay cash instead of card is a bit dated these days. I found the staff on the dives very helpful and on the day of our shark dive we had an 80 plus year old diving and she was treated with respect and helped as and when she needed it. The gear was ok and as a busy dive Center and in Fiji where things can be a bit casual I was happy with the quality and condition of the gear. I did not use the accommodation but had very positive comments from those who were staying and this is something you should consider if doing a dive package. I had a look and I would certainly consider staying if in the area again. I enjoyed the shark dive although it is only a decent and staying in an area to watch the sharks feed. I do not fear sharks but for those who do have worries this could be a good experience to appreciate the sharks and begin to respect them. It may help highlight the need to stop killing them before we no longer have any.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

"They know what they are doing", as the saying goes. It is not just all commercial mind set, Aqua-Trek goes beyond that.

No distinctive dislikes. Perhaps, at times a little conservative. I believed that with the best interest for us divers.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My daughter and I did our second shark dive this week with Aqua Trek. the experience is 100% fiji style - delivered with appreciate for and respect of the natural environment and the amazing creatures within it. This experience is genuinely worlds best and a must do if you are a certified diver.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Aquatrek took us to Beqa lagoon where we saw a nice variety of corals and fish. The dive outings also took us to a wreck which was covered in soft corals.