All reviewslovo nightarts villagethe pearltime sharefull kitchenwelcome packself caterfully self containedbedroom unitbeqa islandsafe beachother guestswater pressureair conditioningsmall supermarkethome away from homenavua river
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have just returned from a 7 day stay at the Fiji Palms. After a very bumpy ride from Nadi - the road leave something to be desired, we arrived at our apartment. The staff met us and even carried some very heavy suitcases up three flights to the apartment. My first impression was, wow, it looks just like, no in fact better than the photos. The apartment was quite large and had a full kitchen, dishwasher, 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms that suited 2 adults and 2 adult children perfectly. We had a lovely deck overlooking the bbq area and it was all very clean and tidy.

Over the next 7 days we did tours around Fiji, which were all well worth the effort. We had an issue with the washing machine breaking down but it was replaced within the hour. When our lights went out they were fixed immediately. We spent a lot of time at the neighbouring Pearl resort which you have free access to including use of the gym, pool etc. Would recommend cocktail hour there, 5 - 6pm each night.

Having the office closed in the weekends was a tad annoying but the staff were always on hand around the property if needed. There are nightly security staff which makes you feel quite comfortable.

All in all I would recommend this as a great place to stay - it is not a big flash resort with entertainment provided but it also does not come with the big flash price tag which went down well with us. Booked on Wotif so for $100 Aus a night we thought it was great value.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 25 which does have TV etc and may be newer rooms compared to those closer to the beach but I can't confirm that as did not see any other rooms. Nice being up higher to see the beach over the trees
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Jofromwello
HCP_Group, Public Relations Manager at ULTIQA at Fiji Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for providing this detailed feedback on your stay at Fiji Palms Beach Resort, it is certainly much appreciated and vital in working to continually improve our service and offering.

We are pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to assist with this.

We hope to welcome you back to Fiji Palms Beach Resort in the near future on your next visit to Fiji.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My family and I visited Fiji Palms for three weeks from 13th May 2013. Our daughter is Fijian born and adopted by us when she was 2.

It was an amazing experience to get to know the local people from 2 villages and literally be welcomed in the way we were. We owe this all to the staff etc at Fiji Palms.

I have travelled a fair bit and never slept so well in a bed as I did at Fiji Palms. The lounge room was extremely comfortable which is another thing we were surprised about. A very well set up kitchen with absolutely everything we could have wanted.

We had a ground floor room right next to the pool etc in the older apartments. It is true, there is no tv reception even though you have a tv with a DVD player to use if you wished.

For us, the whole three weeks without tv was just wonderful. I believe you go on holiday to veg out or go out and enjoy EVEN if there is rain. If not having tv means so much to travellers, maybe they should just stay home!

The staff are just wonderful and any problems we had were only a small couple, were fixed within no time. In all my travels, when problems have occurred it has taken an enormous amount of time to get anyone to the room not to mention actually rectifying the issue.

The couple of small issues we had, I either went to the office or if it wasn't open, to the bar. Both times, before I made it back to my room (walking directly), there was a staff member there to have a look and rectify immediately.

Now I will say this is not a luxurious resort where absolutely everything is done for you of which we have stayed in one before. NEVER again will I do that. I love the self contained aspect of Fiji Palms and all other holidays we take.

I find the review below mine to be that of someone who is, to be honest, out of touch with reality. If she had of done the homework before going, she would have know about the differences between the new and old apartments as well as where they are located on the property.

The number one rule in travelling is to do loads of homework before going instead of sticking their heads n the sand and then opening complaining.

Fiji Palms is better off without people like her and allows more room for guests who appreciate the people, country and way of life.

Fiji Palms for us EVERY TIME we travel to Fiji, that is for sure. Thanks Wendy!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Taswegian66
HCP_Group, Public Relations Manager at ULTIQA at Fiji Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide this detailed review on Fiji Palms, we certainly appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Your wonderful comments regarding our Resort and Staff have been passed onto the Management and we are sure Wendy and the team will be delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji Palms on your next visit to Fiji.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I know some people have expressed pleasure staying here I must be truthful about our experience. This was our 4th visit to Fiji but first time at Fiji Palms. After a three hour trip by road from Denerau, we arrived to find our unit not ready. We had no TV, no hairdryer, the clothes dryer was out of reach for me and kept breaking down (blocked filter), broken microwave, marked sheets on the bed, couches we refused to sit on without towels beneath us as they smelt of other people's sweat and were sandy or gritty. The communal hot tubs were also mouldy and need immediate clean-out and scrubbing. It was the weekend and office closed until Monday before we would ask about some of these problems. Answer, "Those units don't have TV"! There was no personal welcome by the Manager who I never saw at all during the week, although the general staff we met were lovely. Even the 'welcoming' items including milk, we discovered we had to pay for. Our previous resort (also Timeshare) had given us a huge bowl of fruit, toiletries gift packs, free milk, free water throughout the stay and a bottle of champagne. The restaurant only opens at night. We were told we could go to the resort next door but after being followed around by a worker there we did not return. The internet use is very expensive whereas cafes in the next village and the Uprising resort are free or only minimal charge. It rained for 6 days so we could only do one excursion but Fiji Palms offers no daytime or evening activities apart from a Lovo night. Other guests in our block also expressed displeasure at their units while some people had lovely appointed rooms including baths, ensuites and TV. Even the meanest house nearby had TV so why not our unit? After three days in bed with stomach illness and depression over our musty unit, I was glad to escape.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank EileenW1
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This resort, although small (23 apartments) must be one of the loveliest places to stay in the area. We had an apartment right on the beach which was one of the older ones - though it had been renovated to a very high standard. Just loved its 'beach-house' colour-scheme and furnishings. Unpretentious and comfortable.
The pool and the grounds are immaculately kept and Pam is absolutely right when she speaks about Wendy, Michael and the staff at Fiji Palms being so lovely and helpful.
I loved being able to swim in the ocean directly out the front. Very clear water. The sand is not blinding white but the water clarity far surpasses that at Denarau Island back up near Nadi where we had stayed in the past.
The Pearl Resort is next door if people want to visit for a brief hit of 'glitz' at any point.
We unfortunately missed the fabulous weather mentioned by another reviewer in mid-May. In fact it rained most of the week.
The only thing I would caution people on is the Beqa Island Tour. For a price of FJ$199 per head we felt that there was a fair bit of misrepresentation by the tour operator.
We were told by the operator at the Sunday morning orientation that during the ride over to the island there would be fishing. Some in our party were very disappointed to discover that this was not true. There were heavy-duty lines 'running' off the back of the boat but no-one was allowed to use them - only staff. There were no other fishing facilities.
He had also said he would arrange for ladies on the island to give a weaving demonstration. This didn't happen.When promoting the snorkelling he said there were giant clams where we were going. I searched and searched our drop-down spot and when asked he directed me to another edge of the reef - nothing. I finally asked him once more. His answer: Oh did I mention giant clams? No there over near ..blah blah island..or somewhere or other.
He had also said that there would be a walk up to a waterfall on the island. He didn't mention the day before that it would cost an extra FJ$20 each. He actually called the walk off but when some people complained he snuck them off and didn't inform the others who'd expressed interest in doing it.
Basically we felt this guy was a bit of a shonk and an amateur. I will admit though that there were a lot of beautiful fish to see when we snorkelled.
I feel that Fiji Palms doesn't do itself any favours by allowing an operator like this to associate himself with their company name when they have such excellent standards in all they provide.
But would I come back to this resort? DEFINITELY!

Room Tip: If you like the sound of waves lapping on the shore aim for the beachfront apartments BUT be aware that when its windy, you hear that too!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Baroness53
HCP_Group, Public Relations Manager at ULTIQA at Fiji Palms Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for providing this review on your recent stay with us at Fiji Palms, your feedback is very important to us.

It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Resort and that our wonderful team were able to assist in making your stay a pleasant one.

Your comments regarding the tour operator have been passed to management for further investigation.

We look forward to seeing you back at Fiji Palms Beach Resort on your next visit to Fiji.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The resort is just lovely. The staff are so accommodating and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The restaurant serves very nice meals at the reasonable price. Love happy hour each night between 5-7 pm - get to meet the others staying at the resort and enjoyed our chats over a nice drink. The newer unit which we stayed in is just fantastic, modern, spacious and very clean. The gardens, pool are just immaculate and it is a credit to the staff who look after them. the beach is very safe to swim at the just great walking along the long sandy beach. Taxis are very cheap and the local bus is also another a great option for getting around.

Fiji Palms is just a very warm and friendly place to visit and hope to return one day soon.

Room Tip: Unit 23 is lovely with views to the water and on the top floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank pam56_10

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review of your recent stay with us at Fiji Palms Beach Resort.

It is wonderful to hear you had a fantastic time and the whole team at the Resort will be delighted by your comments on the Resort and surrounds as they work hard to please our guests.

We hope you will visit us again one day soon at Fiji Palms.