“River Bliss!”

Rivers Fiji - Day Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1998, Rivers Fiji has been offering whitewater rafting and sea kayaking excursions for adventurous travelers of all ages and abilities. With 1-day highland river adventures on the Upper Navua and the 'Luva River, as well as a selection of 1-day coastal sea kayaking tours, Rivers Fiji sets the standard for ecotourism in Fiji.Backed by more than 40 years of commercial outfitting experience, Rivers Fiji is a proud partner of the people of Fiji.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

The beauty of the river tour was compelling. I swam in the Upper Navua feasted on the visual splendor and reveled in it natural beauty! Moses our guide was knew the river like it was his play ground and his confidence and knowledge made me feel safe as it was my first river experience. The cascading falls and the vortex of energy spoke to something beyond the human senses. Do this...

All reviews
"water shoes"
"start point"
"grand canyon"

Reviewed December 3, 2014

Rivers Fiji does a fantastic job of combining a very "western" experience - river rafting - with local Fijian culture. The guides are almost exclusively local men who come from the villages that are the guardians these rivers. Notice I don't say "own these rivers" because in Fiji you are a part of the land, you do not own the land. Where you are from is a big part of who you are and how you relate to other people! Fijian culture insists that people visiting from far away are treated as valued guests and you will experience this!

The bus ride up to the put-in may seem long, but the views are spectacular and something you will not see if you stay at the resort! The bus is comfortable, and snacks are provided. Once on the river, it really is an adventure since there is something new and stunning around every corner. I always felt safe and even my two lady friends who came with me - aged 68 and 79! - did great and loved it. The guides treated them like their own special elders and made sure they had a fantastic time! The kids on the trip also had a fabulous time. There are so many fun things - water falls, lovely dripping grottoes, exciting rapids, even a place where you can swim through a hole in the rocks underwater and pop up somewhere else! I have been on both the Luva and the Upper Navua, in rain and sun - and I plan to go again when I return to Fiji. There is no other trip like this. Vinaka vaka levu (thank you very big) to Rivers Fiji!!

Reviewed November 23, 2014

We had Misi as our guide last Friday. He was fantastic, the scenery was amazing and the rapids a lot of fun. Thanks for a great day out and we will definitely be back on our next trip to Fiji. :)

Reviewed November 20, 2014

Did the Navua River paddle with my girlfriend in early November 2014. Just as we started paddling, the skies opened up and it bucketed down hard for the whole day. Made the day all the more exhilarating; paddling through a deep gorge rapids in warm tropical rain.

Our guide Misco did an outstanding job. There was a potentially serious incident with a huge falling tree - he handled the groups safety highly professionally. Was a pleasure meet him.