“Amazing!!”

Rivers Fiji - Day Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1998, Rivers Fiji has been offering whitewater rafting and sea kayaking excursions for adventurous travelers of all ages and abilities. With 1-day highland river adventures on the Upper Navua and the 'Luva River, as well as a selection of 1-day coastal sea kayaking tours, Rivers Fiji sets the standard for ecotourism in Fiji.Backed by more than 40 years of commercial outfitting experience, Rivers Fiji is a proud partner of the people of Fiji.
Sydney, NSW
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We did the Upper Navua rafting trip and it was an experience of a lifetime. From the start of the day, the team were professional, organised and made the entire experience excellent. It's the little things that help make it pleasurable, our transfers picked us up right on time and our guide explained what we were to expect before our bumpy 1hr ride into put in point. We stopped half way for morning tea and to break into our rafting groups. Then we arrived at our destination and all our guides were there waiting for us with all the equipment ready for distribution. After a short walk, you get your first glimpse of the river and the first rapid! The safety talk is serious, a quick practice and off you go!
The trip is not all about the adventure of the rapids, there are some slow and smooth bits where your guide will tell you some local information and history. You can sit back and relax, soak in the scenery of the magnificent gorge/canyon. If you're up for it a water fight is definitely on the cards. Don't pass on the opportunity to go for a swim or "free-massage".
I would definitely do this again!

2 Thank chop_hsuey

Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“First time rafting - great!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had never gone rafting before because I thought it was "just" about getting an adrenaline thrill but I overheard some people at the resort I was staying at talking about the really beautiful scenery on the trip. Then I looked at the brochure and noticed it is quite a long journey (24km, I think) on the river so you really would get to see some beautiful things you might otherwise not get to. So I went. And it was really beautiful.

Everything was great. Good attention to safety. And lots of fun and beautiful things to see. A special thank to the river guide I had (Moses). A lot of fun and a great source of knowledge. How would I ever have found out what a bullamacow is!!!

Charleston, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Outstanding Rafting Experience, Guides Make it Memorable!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We booked the trip as a excursion through our resort and couldn't of been happier. Prior to reaching the start of the rafting, there is bus stop inland consisting of banana bread. Unfortunately, the river water level was low, which lead to a slower trip and most of the rapids were class I. Few class II. The included lunch consisted of stopping half-way and setting up on a river bank. Basic cold-cuts/sandwich meats and condiments were served.

The highlight of the trip was our guide, Moses, who was OUTSTANDING!! Moses made the slow rapid transit time memorable by explaining Fiji and local village traditions. Highly recommend to request Moses as your guide, you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank josephfmessinaDOTcom
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Gorgeous Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

While I wished we were there when the water is higher with bigger rapids, you can't beat the scenery. Its breathtaking. All the guides are awesome. Friendly, funny, and really worked to make sure we had a great time!

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unique adventure”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Got to visit the indigineous fijian village with the Kava ceremonial drinking. And then the kayak was splendid.

1 Thank Nili K