“Most amazing daytrip!”

Rivers Fiji - Day Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1998, Rivers Fiji has been offering whitewater rafting and sea kayaking excursions for adventurous travelers of all ages and abilities. With 1-day highland river adventures on the Upper Navua and the 'Luva River, as well as a selection of 1-day coastal sea kayaking tours, Rivers Fiji sets the standard for ecotourism in Fiji.Backed by more than 40 years of commercial outfitting experience, Rivers Fiji is a proud partner of the people of Fiji.
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I went on a Fiji Rivers Upper Navau trip in May of 2011, and having been on several other rafting trips around the world were looking forward to this one - we weren't disappointed! The rapids we not overly challenging, probably grades 2-3 for the most part, but the scenery was absolutely phenomenal, and we saw some sights that would have been inaccessible any other way.

The staff from Fiji rivers were amazing! From the skills of the 4WD bus driver getting us in and out safely, to the guides who spent the day with us, and the reception staff back in the office, we couldn't fault this company. Special thanks to Moses for looking after our boat that day - we had an absolute blast! Particular mention needs to made I think to the standard of lunch we received. Keep in mind that we've spent 2 hours in inflatable river rafts in white waters that did tip people out of boats, and it makes the idea of pulling up on a rock, on the edge of the river, in the middle of the jungle, walking underneath a small waterfall, and the crew pulling out tables, a huge variety of sandwich fillings and bread, and even a red and white checked tablecloth! It was quite amazing given where we were.

To top it all off, when returning home we lost the CD of photos we'd been given on the day. Almost 10 months later when contacting the company and explaining our predicament, they not only worked out which day we took the tour, but made a new CD and posted it to us in Australia. Exceptional service.

I know Fiji is all about tropical islands and beaches, and I for one will travel back to Fiji for just that reason, but taking a day out to explore the inner parts of the island and its jungle is something I've recommended to every friend I have travelling to Fiji. Writing reviews is not my usual thing, in fact this is the first time I've posted on here despite many overseas trips, but I felt that the people who made my trip so great deserved this. A must do trip in my opinion, whether youre young or old.

5  Thank lauren w
"water level"
"lush jungle"
"waterproof camera"

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Very well orgnised, fantastic lunch, beautidful scenery and a heap of fun thrown in

Reviewed April 18, 2012

The white water rafting was more fun than I could have anticipated and the scenery so breathtaking. And Moses was a most entertaining guide. Cheers!

1  Thank landcruisergal
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Take this trip. Ours was diverted due rain having washed out the last bit of road to the village. The road was bumpy and rutted and I was surprised the bus made it all the way there. Also, due to the rains we took rafts instead of kayaks that we had originally planned on. The rafting was fun. Not overly difficult compared with rafting back home in West Virginia. I would have expected more given the amount of rain the night before. We were all expecting more rowing that we actually did. It is not overly strenuous
This outfit seems to be pretty well set on helping out in the communities they pass through. We stopped to give rides to a few people both on the bus and in the rafts.
The scenery is varied and spectacular. Some amazing waterfalls can be seen and swam under. The guides are safety conscious and we never felt in danger.
The lunch was simple but tasty. The scenery made it taste even better, dining on the hull of a kayak across from a small cave and water fall.