“A very relaxing island with wonderful friendly staff.”

Toberua Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Toberua Island
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Our holiday at Toberua was just wonderful. The staff were fantastic and so eager to help or assist ... nothing was too much trouble for them, even a 4am departure was met with a good morning and a smile! Among the many highlights for us, was a day at Picnic Island, the snorkelling was sensational as are the other great spots we were taken to as well. Our room was well appointed with the MOST comfortable bed we have ever slept in (we were late for Breakfast most mornings, but again this was not a problem for the staff)! The resorts amenities are good with a newly appointed Spa for those essential massages when on holidays. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and have no hesitation in recommending Toberua to all.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank emaxau

Reviewed May 17, 2011

After a few years away and a change in both Management and Ownership at Toberua we decided to return for a brief stay. All in all I would say Toberua is much the same. The food is still excellent and the head Chef and his assistant remain unchanged. Many of the long term staff have moved on - of course we missed the familiar faces however the new staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in one of the premium oceanfront bures which are located on Toberua's small but attractive beach. The bure has been updated and outdoor furniture upgraded. The pool area has also seen some improvement and a cabana type structure adds to the area's usability. The new management have removed the plagues which were put in place by those who have a sentimental attachment to this tiny island. Unfortunately these seem to have disappeared which was disappointing - had the option been given we would have taken ours home as a keepsake (Management are still looking in to this to the best of my knowledge). Fishing is a high priority for our family and one of our personal reasons to holiday in Fiji. The cost to do so at Toberua has escalated - we appreciate increase in expenses have made this necessary however over 200% increase for long boat excursions will make our time on the ocean more limited next visit! Toberua is a special place and we look forward to visiting in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Cheezel
Reviewed March 25, 2011

From the moment you get off the boat at Toberua, you realise you have found paradise. This unique island resort is the place to go if you want to relax in a perfectly serene and tranquil environment.
The bure style of accommodation is amazing and all have unobstructed views of the ocean.
The staff make you feel like part of their family. They are friendly and very happy to share the fiji spirit with all the guests.
Meals are first class - you will certainly never be hungry during your stay.
A visit to a local village is a must do activity. The locals will make you feel very welcome and share their way of life with you (including the tradition of sharing kava).
You will not be disappointed when you holiday on this island!
Like me I am sure you will never want to leave!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Madjude
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We just returned from a 7 night stay at Toberua Island. Ever since returning home we've been dreaming about how to go back!

Our stay was amazing!! From the moment we stepped off the boat, we were greeted by first name and treated like family! The staff was so warm and friendly and tended to our every need! My husband's birthday fell during our stay and the chefs went out of their way to make a special birthday cake which was delivered fijian style... with lots of smiling faces and music!!

The rest of the food was spectacular as well... 3 course meals for lunch and 4 courses for dinner! I was a little worried before we went as I don't like seafood and we were going to the middle of the south pacific... but the food choices were great with plenty of options for the land-lovers (like me...) and my husband raved about the seafood entrees! Don't get me started about the desserts and fresh fruit!!... Yummy!... I'm still trying to find fresh papaya like that here in Oklahoma... without luck!

Our Bure was clean, well appointed, comfortable and steps away from the water! We loved relaxing in the loungers just watching the ocean!!... I still hear the water lapping against the beach and I'm still dreaming of those amazing sunsets! Not for one moment did we miss TV, computers etc...We were almost sad to turn our iphones back on upon returning to the States!

We did some snorkeling during our stay which was fun and colorful... but the highlight was learning to scuba dive. My husband talked me into it, so we did the resort course. Nathan and the dive staff were incredible. They made me feel safe and prepared. He even held my hand through our first real dive until I felt comfortable. It was awesome and I highly recommend it!

I would highly recommend some spa time as well! The massages were very relaxing!!

For anyone looking for a relaxing, comfortable, intimate tropical get-away...Toberua Island won't dissapoint!

Thanks to the owners, management and staff of Toberua for turning our Birthday/ Anniversary get-away into the trip of a lifetime!! We hope to return some day!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nancwhite
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We have now experienced 3 idyllic trips to Toberua Island – a family holiday, romantic anniversary and recently a fabulous Fijian Xmas and New Year.
This is a gorgeous private island resort, made unique by the friendly Fijian staff,who went out of their way to make our stay so special. Being our first ever Xmas away from home, our expectations were well and truly exceeded with the perfect blend of Fijian and traditional celebrations and exquisite cuisine. New Year was equally amazing.
Compared to our other Fijian holidays, this place is simply the best, we have never felt so relaxed and well looked after, and had the perfect balance of being able to do as much or as little as we liked. We don't need to look anywhere else now for our next holiday - we know we'll be back to Toberua !

This place is paradise and we will be back very soon

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Toberua Island is absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!!
We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was lovely. The location is just PERFECT!! The food is amazing and the cocktails are delicious!!
Unfortunately the only negative was a sea snake entering our bure and digesting on a piece of our luggage! I was mortified and afraid to sleep for the rest of my time there :-/

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnaSilic
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We travelled to Toberua mid-February 2011 from the Gold Coast Australia. We can't imagine how a negative word could be uttered about this gorgeous resort. A holiday to Toberua is a true escape from the hustle and bustle of modern living. Your perspective on life is re-adjusted; away from PCs, phones and TVs and back to the beauties of nature and infectious glow of the Fijian people. The staff are simply incredible. Never without a smile and greeting on a first-name basis. You are serenaded by talented musicians at the bar and every meal. All whilst gazing out on the beautiful Fijian seascape. The food is excellent. The daily snorkelling and/or diving trips are fantastic. The rooms are gorgeous. Although we met some lovely people you can maintain your privacy if desired. We truly can’t understand why the resort isn’t rated at least 4 if not more stars. Thank you so much Maggie, Emori, Nathan, Bale, Mini, Charles and the countless staff that made our Toberua experience one to be cherished forever.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Novotel Suva Lami Bay
Five Princes Hotel
Five Princes Hotel
#5 of 13 in Suva

Been to Toberua Island Resort? Share your experiences!