All reviews qamea resort royal beach our honeymoon my husband and i dive shop outdoor shower fish other guests village tour lunch and dinner band boys day bed travel agent cocktail hour bouma waterfall kava ceremony plunge pool
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Ken and I visited Qamea for our honeymoon. Words cannot express how incredibly wonderful our visit was It’s paradise that is truly unspoiled by commercialism . We stayed in a Royal Beach House which was spacious, private and perfect, The staff felt like family as soon as we stepped off the boat. ...greeting us by name everyday...it was hard to say goodbye . The food is amazing .. each meal was delicious! The spa is total relaxation - we indulged in the Night of Decadence which was phenomenal!!!The hikes and the village visits were memorable and touching. Fijian people are the some of the sweetest happiest people, we’ve ever met!We will definitely return to Qamea.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
OwnersAtQamea, General Manager at Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2018

Bula, Cmack918!

It's so wonderful to read your lovely review of your honeymoon with us! It was wonderful you were able to stay 10 nights and not feel rushed to squeeze any activities in your time here. We love you felt the warmth and family feel of our amazing staff! Fijian people in general are so welcoming, but I have to say our staff are certainly top!

Our untouched paradise is very special, and we're so happy you enjoyed the private and serene atmosphere with no roads, no shops, no commercialism, just beautiful flora and fauna on our peaceful resort. A perfect place to be as active or as chill as you wish.

We loved meeting you both and we hope to see you return to Qamea in the future... maybe for an anniversary trip? :) Your Fijian family will always be here for you!

Warmest regards from the whole Qamea team!

Reviewed September 21, 2018

This resort is amazing! It is so peaceful and quiet! We wanted to go somewhere where we could sit on the beach all day and relax. This was perfect! The staff are beyond friendly, we were amazed with all of them. The bure's are perfectly spaced out so you don't feel like you are on top of the other people there. The food was amazing and they always had plenty of options to chose from which was nice for a picky eater like myself. The experience was much more than we could of hoped for and we look forward to going back in the future!

Room tip: Beach Bure's are the best!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
OwnersAtQamea, General Manager at Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Bula, bula, Connector660112!
Many thanks for your review! We're so pleased you found Qamea to be a peaceful atmosphere to relax. With the distance between bures and the way they're angled just right, it gives you maximum privacy where you don't see your "neighbors."
We're also so happy you enjoyed our dinning fare - we get our fruit and vegetables from the local markets so it's very fresh, and we even source some items from our very own island.
We hope to see you again at Qamea - our amazing, friendly staff will always be here with open arms to welcome you back!
Warmest regards from the whole team here!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Recently my wife and I had visited Qamea Resort & Spa for seven nights and eight days of relaxing bliss. While I was adamant initially about going on a non-tropical vacation this year (after two back-to-back years beaches and palm trees begin to look the same i thought), thankfully she convince me other wise and we booked this one.

Qamea was a delightful paradise whose natural, stunning remote beach front beauty was only surpassed by the unforgettable joy of the staff we encountered there.

In all my near 20 years of traveling the globe, i have never encountered such a consistently friendly and joyful group of people. From the constant welcome of Salome who managed their on-site spa, but who I could only wish would have been the concierge at the resorts i have attended - her wide-ranging knowledge was such a benefit and she was aways so pleasant, to others like Mosses, Floyd, Edmond, Siah, Eddie, Hal, and Capt. Terrance, among others, this was a entirely new vacation experience for us.

My wife and I did not feel like just some random, 'whats your folio # '-vacationers visiting an off-the-shelf resort - we truly felt like were staying on a private island while attending a fun family reunion with people we had known, but not seen for years.

What I also enjoyed about this boutique resort was the way Krista and her team designed the daily programs. From snorkeling in incredible locations (such as Horseshoe Bay - one of the 1,001 places to see before you die - I snorkeled there twice), so swimming in the welcome bliss of waterfalls on Taveuni, to playing evening volleyball with the staff before dinner, the communal enchantment of Make, and experiencing the taste of Kava, the way she and her team designed the schedule was just that sweet spot of getting to do a lot of great local experiences, but also enough time between each so that it still managed to feel like a truly relaxing vacation.

Enough to say, I left feeling refreshed and not 'I need a vacation after my vacation'-pain.

I would also strongly emphasize that if you visit Qamea, the reference to Spa is not just a marketing gimmick. The massages my wife and i experienced here were among the best i've had in my life.

Without a doubt, and worth every penny ten times over, make sure if you go with a spouse, to book Qamea's 'Night of Decadence' - the only way I can truly describe the experience without spoiling it, is image experiencing the best Chef's Table one evening exclusively for two people, but in this case, it is a spa treatment like no other. If you want to really wow you spouse, just let them know it's just a slightly 'longer massage experience.' and then see them still glowing hours later after your evening was finish.

Lastly the food here was less sugary, but so fresh, and be prepared for no Starbucks. As someone that visits Starbucks 1-2 times a day, the first 1-2 days were an adjustment, but by day three their unsweetened ice tees had made me forget my daily need for a iced caramel macchiato.

Quick summary and things not to miss if you visit and consider:

1.) Night of Decadence - book early
2.) Circle Qamea tour - three snorkel destinations and barbecue lunch grilled on the beach
3.) Bouma Waterfall tour - pretty easy and the two best waterfall pools to swim in. We also did Lavena nature walk and that was a little more strenuous - but the waterfall you swim in there was also worth the hike
4.) Book at least two other massage treatments if you are there at least seven days
5.) If you like beer - Fiji Gold goes well with almost any meal, especially their pizza lunch day
6.) Make sure you do not miss the Kava and Meke ceremonies and visit the village
7.) If possible, book one of their Beach Bures - the one we had was less than 50 feet from the sandy beach and had a nice hammock on the porch
8.) If possible - I liked their meal plan package. Especially with two people if offered a way to try each others different lunch and dinner choices

Last - but definitely not least - spend time talking to the staff. While we were there, I had the chance to speak with some very fascinating fellow guests and had some great conversations, but when I look back at my moments on Qamea, it was the moments just with such a great group of genuinely friendly people.

As beautiful and unforgettable as the natural scenery is, especially those starry night skies and reflective sunset sets, the moments my wife and I will cherish most are the unplanned ones, be it getting the chance to relax and chat with Salome to being invited to play on of the coolest games of volleyball on a nice Fijian Tuesday evening just after sunset with the staff.

Bula vinaka!

Room tip: Get a Beach Bure - my wife and I had Lakaba and it was perfect
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank jweiler2018
OwnersAtQamea, General Manager at Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Bula, jweiler2018 and big VINAKA for such a wonderful review!
We are beyond thrilled you and S had an amazing honeymoon (and birthday) with us and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences. I will certainly be reading your lovely review to all our staff on our next staff meeting this coming Thursday! :)

It's wonderful you found Qamea to be a perfect balance of unforgettable activities and excursions along side an atmosphere which allows you to relax in our stunning paradise. We really feel you could not hit the nail on the head anymore than you did with your fantastic comment about our spa! Love it! Yes, there are many places which put "spa" in their title as an afterthought, so we're so happy you both found our multi-award winning Jungle Spa to be worthy of its title.

Above our wonderful cuisine, luxury bures, and variety of activities, yes, yes, yes, our staff is beyond words, and it is often difficult to explain to others just how genuinely friendly, welcoming, and caring they are. Our team here is one big family, and all our guests arrive as "strangers" and quickly become a part of this family. We absolutely love it when our guests get to take a bit of time to chat with our staff and get a true Fijian experience!

We all wish you and S a lifetime of love and happiness, and we hope to see you in the not-too distant future for a return!
Warmest regards!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Heard about this place from a travel magazine and compared the cost to a similar vacation in Bora Bora. Because this place offered a decent discount for early booking (6 mos out) and it got great reviews, I booked it as our wedding anniversary destination and am glad I did. Although this place offered the beauty, remoteness and quiet we wanted (it can only hold about 30 guests in its individual bungalows), it also offers plenty of activities for those who want it: hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, village tours, cooking lessons, waterfall swimming, traditional song and dance. Oh, and it has quite a luxurious spa, where a deep tissue back and neck massage melted away my travel stress. My wife is still raving about her exfoliation/full body rub/facial package. Dining can be a la carte or on a meal plan - not inexpensive but certainly delicious, especially the fresh fish dishes, which were plentiful. You can choose to have meals served on the front porch of your hut, in the common dining hut, or on the beach (we did all three). The local “Bitter” beer is especially good, reminiscent of a very good English Pale Ale. Best of all, however, was the service. This place very consciously makes you feel like family. From day one, all of staff make a point of introducing themselves, learning your names, and greeting you by name when they see you. Their pleasant greetings of ‘Bula!” are sincere too. Native Fijians are a happy people and we took away a lesson from that. They even gather and sing to you as you push off in your boat to return - it choked me up! My wife and I would love to return some day. I cannot recommend this Resort more strongly.

Room tip: All huts are named after local birds. “Kikau” is closest to the water - only about 30 feet from your front door. Gorgeous view.
2  Thank 211hankh
OwnersAtQamea, General Manager at Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Bula, Hank K!

Thank you for your review! We are so elated you and L enjoyed your stay with us and felt very much at home and well-cared for by our amazing staff!

You gave a wonderful description of Qamea being both a destination for those who want to relax in privacy, and a destination for those who want more adventure with our variety of activities! Here at Qamea, our guests get to choose how active they wish to be while still having the comfort of luxury and the option of being pampered in our award-winning Jungle Spa!

We really hope you and L found Qamea to be the special place it is. Perhaps we'll see you again for a return visit - you're both part of the family now, so please know you will always be welcome back with open arms and plenty of "Bulas!"

Warmest regards from the whole team!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ll get the negative out of the way straight off, it’s expensive. Not so much the accommodation but the meals and the bar prices are pretty out there. We took the meal plan and several bottles of our own wine to ease matters a bit but even so.

In the event we felt it was all very worth while. The Bures are very well equipped and of a high standard, the staff are friendly and efficient, the food is of excellent quality, and there’s lots to do for a week. As a bonus there are only a small number of guests at any one time so you get to know the others. Overall we loved it.

It is without question the best Pacific Island holiday we’ve been on. Highly recommended.

Bula, RobertJGray!
How lovely to receive a review from you and M! It was such a treat to have you stay with us and we loved how every time our paths crossed on the resort it was obvious how much you were enjoying your stay and the beauty of Qamea!

Thank you for your comments regarding our prices, however, the cost is fitting with our very remote location and the high quality of our food products, and we're so pleased you found our food to be excellent quality! The Qamea Meal Plan is the most cost-efficient way to go for meals, so we're pleased you decided on that option, which includes a hot-selection breakfast, 2-course lunch and 3-course dinner.

We love how you enjoyed your beautiful bure, Sese - named after the Blue-collared Kingfisher, as well as our occupancy being a maximum of 34 guests which always allows us to give all our guests excellent, personal service.

Vinaka vakalevu for your kind words! The whole team is thrilled you found Qamea to be your best Pacific Island holiday to date! We all hope to see you and M back to Qamea one day soon!

Warmest wishes from your Qamea family!