“Qamea - Feel the love” 5 of 5 bubbles

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Qamea - Feel the love”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at Qamea late feb - early March

Our wedding was absolutely amazing occasion with a massive turnout of family and friends, being surrounded by so much love and warmth was something we will never forget.

Arriving at Qamea we found that this feeling of warmth and love was continued from the moment we stepped on to the beach.

As honeymooners we were welcomed to our amazing honeymoon bure with a gift box of Pure Fiji skin products a couples massage voucher, 2 x Qamea sarongs, personally named drink bottles and a bottle of bubbles.

Our villa was immaculate with a day bed and hammock on the front deck as well as sun loungers with the water a stones throw away. The sleeping area had an amazing high ceiling with a traditional Fijian style roof and a gorgeous 4 poster bed with curtains. There was AC and a ceiling fan as well which came in handy.

The bathroom was modern and well appointed with twin sinks and larger mirrors, a separate toilet and a fantastic outdoor shower where it felt like you were showering in a jungle paradise. To top it off there was an outdoor hot tub !

The honeymoon bures look to have have been recently refurbished and are immaculate.

All meals were at the dining/bar area where the staff called you by your first name and were amazingly friendly. It felt like they really cared for us and made sure we had the best experience possible.

The food was absolutely amazing and we really enjoyed choosing the different options each day - the only problem was choosing what to order.

We would definitely recommend having dinner on the beach or at one of the beach huts - the view is stunning the ambiance unforgettable, especially when the Qamea Band Boys comes to play you a song.

We also enjoyed the night of decadence which I would say is a must for honeymooners - the pampering and experience as a whole is an absolute romantic winner!

While at Qamea we surfed, fished, dived, snorkelled, went on day trips and spent a bit of time in the spa. I can hand on heart say that the whole experience was truly unforgettable and that the key theme through out was care, attention and love that was evident from the Qamea team towards us as guests.

Thanks Qamea - we will never forget our honeymoon with you and wouldn't hesitate to reccommend it to others

Room Tip: Go for the honeymoon bure - they are amazing!!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DHNZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

Having grown up in Hawaii, I am not easily impressed by a tropical vacation.... But my stay at Qamea resort did more than win me over, I loved everythjng about it. From the minute we arrived (I was traveling with my mom as a graduation present) we were treated like queens. We were taken to our villa which was both secluded and beautiful. (I spent a lot of time in the hammock :) I specifically loved the flowers laid out beautifully throughout the villa. The staff maintained this throught our stay, so that after every meal we return to find our rooms perfectly cleaned and artistically decorated. Also, everyday around sunset cocktails and a snack were delivered to our villa. Touches is like these are what make Qamea a class act. The food was incredible, I looked forward to every meal as well as William's (awesome bartender) expertly made drinks.

The grounds of Qamea are nothing short of spectacular. They are immaculate and the colors in the plants and flowers are almost blinding they are ao bright and beautiful.The beach is gorgeous, especially around sunset (of course) and there is good smorkling just off shore.

I loved the resort pool because it's got a vintage feel which I really liked, so I often used that instead of our villa pool. Also there are many amazing endemic birds you can look out for while in that area including the orange dove which I spotted twice!

The spa was lovely, perched up in the jungle with the sounds of the jungle surrounding you. Charlotte was so good, I kept coming back for more... I had four treatments over the week I was there!

While one could easily spend all of their time at resort, the activities the resort offered were a lot of fun and allowed you to experience some different areas surrounding Qamea. The circle tour featured world class snorkeling and a barbecue lunch on a secluded beach that is seperalty brought in by boat and cooked on location by the resort staff. Even though it rainned while we were out that day, everyone on the boat was in good spirits and we had a great time. Personally I don't understand when people are disappointed by weather... Rain can be beautiful too and thats how everythjng stays green!

The Lavena waterfall trip was spectacular as well... You get to walk by villages, see children playing and families preparing food before arriving at a picturesque waterfall with a natural rock wateslide. Our guides Percy and Eddie were terrific. They were fun and funny and I love that we listened to Dolly Parton on the car ride back to the boat.

I would be remiss to forget to mention the Qamea band boys.... While all Fijians seem to have a gift for music, the band boys were especially talented. I enjoyed sitting around the Kava bowl listening to them perform every night!

Qamea is a truly special place made even more special by the people that live and work there. In a lot of ways it reminded me of what Hawaii used to feel like when I was growing up, that now feels lost in the development and commercialism. I can't imagine how anyone could not leave Qamea as I did: relaxed, happy and already trying to figure out how to get back!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Rtwentytwo
Lusaka, Zambia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Qamea lodge is in need of a makeover - the location is fabulous but the rooms and facilities are dated and need a lot of attention. Also we were not impressed with a couple of dive instructors who were not at all enthusiastic and really let the Lodge down. The Spa on the other hand was very nice with very pleasant therapists.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank dcroberts
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I stayed her for our honeymoon in June 2012. It was the best decision!I can't thank Renee at Unforgettable honeymoons enough! It was so great to know and have a picture of who was picking us up from the airport and what to expect and bring. She truly put any anxiety's to rest. When looking for a location we wanted a place that was not over run by tourists and something private and romantic. Qamea was a perfect fit! We had one of the two Royal Beach House's with our own pool and hot tub and private part of the beach. The outdoor shower was quite spectacular as well as the beautiful room. We loved waking up and sipping on coffee just outside our bure and looking out to the water!
The hospitality of the resort was also unforgettable! They remembered your name and made you feel so invited. Many of the other couples there were also on there on their honeymoon. We even hosted a night in our bure with drinks and apps for some of the couples we had made friends with. We had two massages while we were there, and they were amazing! Truly cannot say enough good things about this place or the people. We went on the Bouma waterfall hike, the pearl farm tour and many trips snorkeling (even saw sea turtles!), we also visited a nearby village. The food was also wonderful, how can you beat getting fresh fish?
One amazing night on the resort is when they do the Meke & Kava. My husband was asked to participate and it really was a cool thing to watch!

There were so many amazing moments and beautiful adventures on this trip, it was extremely hard to leave. When we got on the boat to leave the island, they sing to you and throw flowers in the water...we both teared up! We will never forget Qamea and will return one day!
I

Room Tip: Upgrade to a royal beach house! Totally worth it!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CocoDC77
Burnsville, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Qamea Resort and Spa delivered on all levels that we were looking for when booking this vacation. This was a delayed honeymoon for my wife and it was truly perfect. If you are looking for a little of everything and ready to get outside of yourself and immerse yoursefl into the a little bit of Fijian culture then you can't go wrong. From the accomodations ( the Bures were lovely), activities (hiking, kayaking, snorkeling, SCUBA diving, surfing), culture, and esspecially the staff it was one of the best trips I ahve been on. They have a 5 star SCUBA school at the resort so it allowed me to learn the basics of SCUBA and actually get out in the ocean one on one with Sam the instructor (who was awesome). In addition, they have a surf instructor on site as well and after a couple lessons I was able to start catching some waves. The staff and people of Fiji are what really stick with us though. The joy and love they project was genuine and we really felt apart of their lives as they were in ours. Kudos to the Qamea Resort and Spa family!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brad H
Safety Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

If you're doing your research right now and wondering if this is place for you - it is. Your search is over! We were lucky enough to spend seven nights here on our honeymoon and it is truly one of the most spectacular places on earth. The flight from Nadi on the mainland to Taveuni (just across the water from Qamea) gives you an idea of what you are in for as you fly over island after island set in crystal clear turquoise waters, surrounded by reefs and breaking waves. Absolutely stunning and truly like nothing you have ever seen before. At Taveuni you will be met by your driver who transports you to the boat that will whisk you away across the ocean to Qamea. As the boat pulls in close to shore and we caught our first glimpse of the island with it's individual bure's set along the white sand beach in between the coconut trees my husband said " I haven't even arrived yet and I want to come back!". This pretty much sums up our stay. It's hard to add anything new to what has already been said by other guests except to agree - the staff are exceptional (personalised service blended with warmth and friendliness and a genuine desire to make sure you have everything you need), the managers Andrew & Belinda who really take the time to get to know you, wonderful company at evening drinks, effortlessly making you feel like a part of their family), the snorkelling - world class right off the beach, the spa - like nothing you have experienced before (hold the "relaxation" music every spa in the world seems to play and instead listen to nothing but the sounds of the waves on the beach below and the birds in the trees).

The accommodation - beachfront (need I say more?). We were lucky enough to enjoy both the beachfront bure and the honeymoon bure during our stay and both are spectacular - if you can afford to splash out the honeymoon bure with it's outdoor shower and in-ground spa is truly a very special treat and highly recommended. All the accommodation is perfectly and cleverly positioned to maximise privacy while ensuring your view of the gorgeous sandy beach is unhindered.

If you're into water sports, they have this well covered. Complimentary use of their kayaks, SUPs, and snorkelling gear. But if you're into diving or surfing, then you'll love it here. Tropicsurf have a base-hut here run by very experienced surfers and cater from the beginner to expert. A great wave breaks right out front of the resort, perfect for learning. The guys will have you up on your feet in no time. If you're already pretty experienced then it's only a 15min boat ride out to the reef break to A-frame peaks. If you're into Scuba diving then Qamea is ideal to base yourself. There is over a dozen fantastic dive sites within 5-10min of the resorts own PADI dive shop. My two personal favourites were "Swirling Coconut" and "The Wreck". I highly recommend though you take at least one of the charters out to the Rainbow Reef and do the "White Wall". This site is rated in the top ten best in the world.

A huge thankyou to all the gorgeous staff at Qamea for a truly magical visit. Vinaka!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SurfnPics
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

The staff was lovely and the grounds are quite nice. But it's a bigger place and so it has that feel to it. We were on our honeymoon (most guests are on their honeymoon or celebrating a big anniversary). The rooms were dark inside and we had an issue where they were going to move us on our last day because someone else was arriving and they had messed up the rooms. That seriously annoyed me. The snorkeling was nice off the beach, but nothing extraordinary. Sadly, I got the stomach bug (it was going around) on my 2nd to last night. I will say though that their staff was INCREDIBLE. They gave me herbal remedies (that I still use to this day) to help me feel better. The spa was beautiful!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Matangi Island
Taveuni Palms Resort
Taveuni Palms Resort
#6 of 10 in Taveuni Island

Been to Qamea Resort And Spa Fiji? Share your experiences!