All reviews kids club beachfront villa daily laundry service lunch and dinner movie room sunset drinks fish kids menu fiji night helicopter transfer three generations daily snorkel trips natural beauty family holiday changed daily sea plane nadi airport
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2019

We travel to Fiji several times a year and on this trip we decided to try Vomo Island for the first time. We were not disappointed.

The transfer is smooth, convenient and sees you on the island in around one and a half hours from leaving the Nadi departure lounge. Vomo meets you, takes you on an easy just over 30 minute drive to Vuda Marina where a fast, clean boat is waiting to transport guests to the island. Alternatively, they recommend helicopter from Nadi International, or there is an option to use float plane (this sometimes requires customers to wait extended periods of time before transportation).

On arrival at Vomo the greeting is the normal, friendly Fijian welcome. At this stage I must point out the staff are friendly, relaxed and attentive. A special mention of Tim who we met on another resort years ago, great service, knowledge and help throughout our stay.

Our accommodation was on the hillside, a small but steep climb which was pleasant and offered nice water and foliage views. The room was well appointment and the cleaning done efficiently each day. Bathroom was spacious, decks lovely with nice sunbed and small table and chairs to enjoy. The bedroom was adequate and a curtain can be drawn across for guests with children. The fridge is well stocked with both nibbles and non-alcoholic, complimentary beverages. Loved the cookies given every couple of days to enjoy and the complimentary laundry service is appreciated as the chore of washing clothes becomes tiresome and difficult.

We enjoy walking and made the trip to the yoga platform and around most of the beaches. Didn’t get to Eastern Beach as the rocks were slippery and our footwear inadequate. Some of the climbs are steep and should be done early in the day, when the heat is not excessive. The views from vantage points are spectacular and the grounds on the island are beautifully maintained. There is a small library, TV room (TV’s were not in our room. Although we do not often watch we do like the option especially in inclement weather). Children appear well catered for with a kids club and many smiling staff members occupying the smaller guests. There is even golf for those so inclined.

Off island activities are the normal and we did thoroughly enjoy the picnic. It is on a small, steep island just off Vomo itself. Interesting rock formations, caves and although the beach is small it is beautiful and the water crystal clear. The packed lunch was lovely and the addition of table and chairs on the beach a nice touch.
“The Rocks” is an adults only area. The location is beautiful, the pool luke warm and the view gorgeous. The attention around the pool, by staff, is efficient and friendly and a small van/bus can transport quests if they do not wish to walk. The bar area is pleasant and there is a restaurant with lovely water views. The evening meal is offered, at this stage, twice per week. We ate here once and enjoyed the meal. However, we did not have a memorable lunch and preferred what was available in the main restaurant. This is obviously only our opinion but some more “ordinary” choices would have been appreciated as many were not to our taste. We do dine overseas, including Fiji, extensively.

The main restaurant offers breakfast and includes a cool room. We have not seen this at another resort and it was fantastic keeping food fresh and free of flies. Lovo evening was superb and the service good with attention to detail that is often lacking in Fijian resorts. The meals were good, but not the most memorable part of our stay (Lovo night had an exceptional and decadent dessert choice). A special mention to Zac whose incredible voice we have enjoyed in the past (at a resort we often frequent). Lovely to hear him again and enjoy one of the best voices we have come across in Fiji.

One of our main concerns, before this visit, was that Vomo might be too formal to suit us. Definitely this was not the case. They are relaxed and attentive, while obviously you can dress formally if you so wish, most people are there to step back, enjoy Fiji and the beach/holiday atmosphere. We will definitely be back to Vomo in the future and have no hesitation in recommending it to both families, individuals and couples.

Room tip: There are a variety of rooms to suit everyone.
Date of stay: October 2019
VomoIsland, General Manager at Vomo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear cheezel,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write. I loved reading your review, and am just delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. I cant tell you how much it means to us.

Similarly, it means so much that you have mentioned certain team members by name. Please be assured that i have relayed your comments onto these individuals-it made their day knowing that they contributed to what was clearly such a terrific experience.

Cheezel, your comments about formality is particularly heartening, as we work hard to ensure that any sense of pretension is taken out of the experience. While we maintain all aspects of the property to luxury levels, we find it is important for people to relax into the environment as quickly as possible. I am very happy that this was your experience.

Most importantly, I sincerely hope that we have the chance to host you again. If and when this day comes, we look forward to meeting you on the beach!

Until that time, my warmest regards

Reviewed October 7, 2019

It's been 3 months since we were at Vomo and not a week goes by without us reminiscing how perfect our stay was... We loved everything about Vomo and even though we had huge expectations going there, Vomo beat them on every score.

The island is MAGICAL - turquoise water, lush gardens, exotic flowers, wild fruit.. you name it! The island is huge and private, we spent days (and nights!) exploring it and we found something extraordinary every single day! We also had a blast exploring the beautiful underwater world of Vomo - Vomo's Ocean Play crew took us to different snorkerling spots every day to show us Vomo's rich fauna and flora!! I think something we didn't appreciate until we were there was that Vomo owns the entire island - so if it's windy on one side of the island the opposite side of the island has no waves... so you can snorkel every single day!

The food was divine - the menu was changed daily... and offers something for everyone - we wish we could eat it all. The produce was fresh, the flavours were punchy and the menus were interesting. I highly recommend giving the Rocks a try too! We loved the South East Asian-inspired menu which was perfect for the hot weather!

We had a hillside villa - because the beachfront villas were sold out.. and we couldnt be happier! the views were amazing from our villa, which was spacious and tastefully furnished.

We would also like to recognize and thank each and everyone at Vomo – including those amazing people who work behind the scenes and whom we never got to meet and thank in person – you made our stay special and magical. Everyone at Vomo is kind and generous and went above and beyond to make our stay and my 30th birthday unforgettable. we are forever grateful. See you next year!

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Olga K
VomoIsland, General Manager at Vomo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2019

Dear Olga K,

It may be some time ago, but we all still miss you here. Certainly we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time so much, and in particular I have forwarded your comments onto our kitchen brigade.

I cant tell you what it mean to us knowing how much your enjoyed your visit-not least because it was for such a special occasion! it wont be long before we see you on the beach again, but until that time, I remain at your service.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed September 28, 2019 via mobile

If you are looking for a family holiday where you don’t have to think about anything other than having a good time swimming, exploring etc then this is the place.

The accomodation is great but what makes Vomo incredible is the staff. Nothing is too much trouble. While we have been staying we booked next year!!

If you have young kids this is definitely the place. It has the best kids club I’ve ever experienced!! I highly recommend Vomo!

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear DomPapaluca,

Bula from the team at VOMO!

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent visit. Certainly it just means so much to us that you enjoyed your stay. Perhaps just as importantly, I am delighted to hear that the ENTIRE family loved their time at VOMO. Certainly we have put in a lot of work to ensure that the kids village is of the highest quality, both in terms of the club itself but also the team within it.

I do hope we have the chance to visit again. when that time comes, please let me know and I will oversee the reservation to ensure that your return visit is even better!

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 25, 2019

Where do I even start with Vomo Island? My husband and I have traveled all over the world to some pretty amazing places. We have never been more impressed than we were with our experience here. It is rare to feel as though you are genuinely cared for as a person when staying at a hotel, but you do here. We were consistently flabbergasted by the fact that all staff members seemed to know our names, our villa number, and our dietary restrictions. Even the general manager knew who we were, probably because he greeted us when we arrived and sent us off at the end of our stay. You won’t get that kind of care at any hotel I can think of.

If we needed anything, it was taken care of right away. There was a dessert that was incredible, I asked for another and they brought it happily. They made my husband a special meal that he had enjoyed from the day before, even though they didn’t have all of the same ingredients. And don’t even get me started with how they celebrated my birthday. I don’t want to give any spoilers, but I can tell you that it has been a long time since I felt that special.

From beginning to end, we had only excellent experiences. The food is so good that we are having a hard time adjusting back to “normal” American food. The Sunday Dessert Heaven was one of the highlights of my life, I think (plus the caramelized banana parfait, holy cow that was good). After every meal, one of us would say, “man, I can’t wait for the next meal!” Unfortunately, that meant the addition of several pounds of body weight during our stay.

The room was beautiful. It is totally worth getting a beachfront villa, the view is spectacular. The activities are awesome, and Fiji Night was so great. I could literally go on and on. We were so sad to leave, many of the team members felt like friends by the end of our trip. If their sentiments are real, then they have found a rare group of people to work there. If their sentiments are not genuine, well, consider me fooled.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it a small island? Definitely. Is it worth it? Absolutely, every penny. We can’t wait to return as soon as we can.

Room tip: Spend the extra and get a beachfront villa. It is worth it.
1  Thank heather081597

Dear heather081597,
Lovely to hear from you, and thank you for taking the time.

Thank you also for your humbling praise about our team. Certainly Fiji lays claim, I believe, to be the most genuine and warm hospitality in the world. VOMO's 160 team members certainly all do our best to display this at all time.

It is also heartening to hear of the value you felt within your visit. This is something that is we work very hard to achieve, and will continue to do so.

Most importantly, I am so happy to note that we will have a chance to host you again. When that time comes I remain at your service.

Warmest Regards

Reviewed September 17, 2019

After a short 8 minute helicopter transfer from Nadi we arrived to a very warm welcome on Vomo and check-in formalities were kept very personal and very relaxed.The delicious fresh pineapple and ginger juice was a treat.
The Villas are really spacious and well appointed all with lovely views of the sea.
What really impressed us was the service and cuisine.The service was always prompt and friendly. the food was delicious,fresh and well presented. All food and non alcoholic beverages are included in the daily rate.
While family friendly there is a completely separate are for adults only called The Rocks with a magnificent pool, bar and restaurant. Amongst the best I have seen.
The Resort has a great tennis court, 9 hole golf course, gym and walking/hiking trails if you are after some exercise.

Room tip: All of the Villas are lovely. For families or groups of friends there are some ultra luxury 3 or 4 bedroom villas.
2  Thank davidP3883RP

Dear davidP3883RP,

Thank your for contributing to this forum detailing your recent visit. Myself, and indeed the entire team enjoyed hosting you both very much, so I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us.

I agree davidP3883RP, the Rocks has been an incredible addition to the property. Whether it be couples like yourself, or parents "escaping", it adds much more depth to our offering, I am glad you enjoyed it.

I do hope we have the chance to meet again. Until that time I remain at your service.

Warm Regards