All reviews kids club beachfront villa daily laundry service lunch and dinner movie room sunset drinks fish kids menu fiji night helicopter transfer three generations daily snorkel trips natural beauty family holiday changed daily sea plane nadi airport
Selected filters
Reviewed September 5, 2019

This is a realy exotic privat island with everything what you need to have a beatifull holiday.
Especially the Rocks is an amazing place with a very large infinity pool and very good restaurant / bar.
We recommend the Handline fishing with the guys from Ocean play.
The food from both restaurants is excellent.
We will go back once!

Date of stay: August 2019
VomoIsland, General Manager at Vomo Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear rene_tts,
It was such a pleasure hosting you, thank you for writing of your experience.

I am so happy to hear that the ocean play gents were able to take you out fishing. Certainly they have a talent not only for finding the big ones, but for being ever entertaining and knowledgeable.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed our culinary offering. Our brigade work hard, not simply to create, but to source the best produce from all over the asia pacific region. We are forever changing our menus, so we will be sure to show you many more special dishes next time you join us.

Until then, warmest regards from all at VOMO

Reviewed August 22, 2019

Pros: Our hillside room had a great view of the ocean and Little Vomo off to the side. The room was spacious and beautifully appointed. The patio was roomy with a luxurious 2 person couch with many pillows and when I requested another lounge chair as we were 3 people they brought it up the hill for me. Their service was always fantastic and we were treated like we were very special guest. Every person was cheerful and smiling and would do what they could to make us happy. We arrived before 10 am and they invited us to have a full breakfast while we waited for our room to be made ready. The food was plentiful and mostly fabulous. The breakfasts were superb with a cold room buffet that varied a little and included cold cuts such as prosciutto and smoked salmon (lox) and assorted nuts /dried fruits to mix as you please including macadamia nuts (which looked like peanuts). You also could order from a breakfast menu which had many tasty choices. Coffee service is very slow but is very good made from a restaurant espresso machine. Every lunch and dinner had a choice of appetizer, a choice of main, and a choice of dessert. The dessert choices always included a "pastry" and a flavor of ice cream and of sorbet. The coconut sorbet was the creamiest, fluffiest, tastiest "ice cream" ever. The Wednesday cold room all you could eat desserts was a nice surprise though if we had been told about it in advance we would have had a lighter lunch to better enjoy the large selection of desserts, many of which had not been on the menu. There I tried the rainbow colored (kids?) pound cake which was very buttery and moist. Lunch was greatly enhanced by the surroundings -- eating on the sand next to the beautiful aquamarine and turquoise ocean under the shade of palm trees was fabulous. The Fiji night dinner was very good. All meals included free soft drinks and we could get soft drinks from the bar any time. The trip to Little Vomo is well worth doing. You have a private island for a few hours with linen covered eating table to have the picnic lunch, cushioned chaise lounge chairs and there is even a secluded "tree house" with cushioned chaise lounge chairs. The daily snorkel trips are great as is snorkeling right from the beach. The Rocks bar is great although it should have open hours through sunset every night. Walking back on the path lit by tiki torches is fun and much better than the minivan which they always offered.
Vomo Cons:
Food that was spicy though not marked as spicy on the menu such as Thai style dishes.
Not knowing the menu until the meal. It would have been nice if they posted the lunch and dinner menu for the day at breakfast time so people who are pickier eaters could plan their food for the day.
When arriving by ferry or seaplane you have to step from the transfer boat into the shallow water. There is no pier. It would be nice if they at least had a gangplank that could be put from the bow of the transfer boat to dry sand for arrivals to walk across who may not have dressed for getting their feet/lower legs wet.
Overall Vomo is my favorite South Pacific island over others (Moorea, Bora Bora, Tikehau, Roratonga, Autitauki) that I have been to.

Date of stay: November 2018

Dear jharnish03,

Greetings from VOMO,

I am afraid we have not had the pleasure of meeting, but thank you so much for taking the time to write of your time with us last year.

jharnish03, we have a range of new offerings at VOMO even since the last time you visited. We will make sure that your next visit is even better than your first!

I very much look forward to meeting you, but if I can be of any assistance before your arrival, please do not hesitate to email me directly on gm@vomo.com.fj. Otherwise it will be our pleasure to take care of you again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

We have recently returned from a family holiday to never forget on Vomo. Staying at The Palms residence was special and it was the attention to detail and the beautiful staff that made it. Thank you to our amazing Vani, Lannee, Livini for everything they did. If you are on the fence re booking The Palms - do it. Magical and memorable experience ❤️

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear BrezyGC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent visit, it was a pleasure hosting you in the amazing Palms residence. Thank you also for providing feedback on those that made your stay special. I have personally passed on your comments to Vani, Lani, and Livini.

Until we see you again BrezyGC, all the very best from all of us at VOMO.

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 17, 2019

Vomo Island you have ruined us for any other Fiji destination !! We had 7 days in the paradise that is your island . There was nothing we could fault about our stay - the island is stunning , the resort top class and well run , food fabulous and the staff friendly and efficient . For a couple such as us the opening of the wonderful Rocks Pool and Bar made the resort even more ideal - this area has been designed so well with all the best Dedon furniture and amazing views over to Vomo Lalai . Having been to many meke nights in our 11 stays in Fiji we really enjoyed the one on Vomo , it was especially great to have the prior meet and greet with the management and other guests - and we enjoyed wearing our free sarongs . As we like to exercise each morning there was plenty on Vomo to do , each day we either walked the hike up to the mountain top followed by walking to and fro to the yoga deck - this was a good 1 1/2hr walk , played tennis , walked around the island , hacked around the golf course , and enjoyed the many water activities on offer .I also enjoyed several yoga sessions but it was a little early at 7am to get up for every day .
We helicoptered over and caught the South Seas ferry home but as it was a bit of a hassle at Port Denarau when we arrived we would get the private Vomo transfer next time. And there will be a next time !

Bula kiwimacs,

Greetings from a hot and sunny VOMO!

As such an experienced traveller to Fiji, your comments are particularly humbling to us, thank you for sharing them. Certainly I am glad that you felt comfortable to make the most of our expansive private island. Your comments have been relayed to our wellness manager about the time of the yoga. While Vivi is always available on an exclusive basis, I will seek to vary the times that she facilitates her free daily session. Its lovely to beat the heat, but I agree the time of day is not for everyone.

Most importantly, I am delighted to note that you intend to return. If and when this time comes, I urge you to contact me once you have made your reservation so that I may oversee your booking. It would mean so much to be able to host you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

We‘ve spent seven nights in Vomo. It was an amazing and beautiful time there. Everyone is so friendly and we were cordially received there. The facilities are clean and the hole area is furbished up with passion for details. The rocks pool and bar area is fantastic. The food is very good there and especially the Fijian night is a great experience. We appreciated the familiar, quiet and calm atmosphere there. Everyone knows eachother and greets him or her with a kind „Bula“ - that’s overwhelming! You can relax with your first step on this island.

We don’t understate this time but we‘ve spent there our best holiday, we‘ve ever had. We‘ll miss the time there.

Thanks for all! Vinaka!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madlen0104

Dear Leni0104,

Bula from VOMO!

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us, and I am so happy that you enjoyed our Meke Night. I cannot tell you how much your comments mean to us. As you may have seen from the Meke, our team do all they can to make you feel like you are part of their family.

Vinaka from all of us at VOMO, and I hope we have the chance to welcome you back.