“Paradise”

Treasure Island Resort
Reviewed January 11, 2011

My husband and i stayed at Treasure Island for 5 nights for our honeymoon in December 2010. It was recommended by a friend. It is paradise on earth. The beach is amazing. The food is great and the staff were awesome. The only thing i could say lets them down is their rooms. They are very comfortable but are a bit out dated. There are no TV's which i liked; my husband wasn’t as trilled as me about that :).
There are heaps of activities for everyone and lots of sun lounges around the beach. i would recommend this resort to everyone. It was the most relaxing and fun place i have ever stayed.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KateNt
There are newer reviews for Treasure Island Resort

Reviewed January 10, 2011

Treasure Island is an amazing slice of heaven! We had a beachfront bure it was renovated and perfect! The staff are friendly and bring you anything you want pretty quickly (given Fiji time of course). There was so much to do here, much better than the mainland and all in your little backyard. The snorkelling off the pontoon was amazing and if you get the restaurant staff to give you a little bit of bread you will be surrounded by the most amazing sites and have the little fishys eating out of your hand! There's kayaking, mini golf, fishing, swimming in the infinity pool, snorkelling, and sleeping in hammocks so much to do for free or a little fee (fishing & kayaking).
It was the most relaxing time of my life and even with monsoon season we had ten minutes of rain the entire time!
The only tip I would offer is if you’re on a budget and can’t afford the $120fjd eating plan then make sure you eat an early dinner before 6pm from the comfort menu! These dishes are wonderful & priced well! The evening meals although spectacular are very pricey if you’re not on the plan!
Make sure you take full advantage of the activities that are planned every night like Kava Ceremony’s, Coin Tosses & Free Cocktail nights!
We want to go back as soon as possible!!!
p.s I don’t know what some of these reviews are talking about when they talk about bad conditions of the island; we saw nothing but beauty here!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shellosh
Reviewed January 7, 2011

An average Australian family, mum, dad and two kids (8 & 10) looking for quality time to relax and play. Treasure island was great. A diversity of activities, snorkeling, para-sailing, basket weaving, wood-carving, snooker, cooking demonstrations and many more all delivered by staff with an authentic enthusiasm, efficiency and happiness not always demonstrated in the hospitality industry. We booked late, so may have paid a little extra, but still found good value. The facilities were comfortable, practical and sufficient, and the food tasty. Treasure Island delivered more than expected and the experiences and shared memories are something we'll always cherish. A great place for a few days.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We had booked this holiday with my sister's family, who had been before.The cleanliness of the island was extremely poor as rubbish left around the pool for long period's of time,well after guest had departed.Most time's you ordered food or drinks they arrived 1hr late,on the occasion they would run out of what you ordered but would'nt notify you.On a positive note the water is spectacular,crystal clear ,but you can't sleep in the ocean.Our 2yr old is covered in lice bite's either from the bed or the restaurant chairs.On a final note we will not be back,I have traveled all over the world in the past 30yrs & never found anywere so dirty

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank luke72terrigal
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We stayed for 5 nights with our toddler.
The rooms are very basic- we changed rooms from a ocean view (not refurb'ed) to a Beachfront (refurb'ed). It does make a big difference esp the bathroom but they still needed a bit of work but it is a 3.5 star resort.
The staff were excellent and very friendly and helpfull. The meals we beautiful (we had a meal plan) and drinks pretty cheap.
We used the babysitters which are so cheap and excellent!
Overall we would definately go back as the snorkelling and beach and pool area were excellent.
Definately good value for money!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Kelfloyd
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My time on Treasure Island was brilliant. I'm a lone traveller who was seeking a bit of sun, snorkeling and relaxation. And I sure got it. And what topped it all off, was meeting the nicest young couple, who have now become great friends.
Treasure Island itself is a tiny island which boasts golden sands and a very large area of coral reef. The beaches were very clean and the reefs were swarming with a plentiful amount of colourful fish (angelfish, rainbow fish). And the visibility was about 10-15m.
The accommodation was great. I had an oceanfront Bure which was situated about 10m front the beach. Also with a double hammock. The rooms were spacious and very clean, with my bed being made, everyday for when I returned from the beach. In addition, fresh towels, clean cups, more tea/coffee and even flowers on the bed.
The Restaurant was a short stroll under the beautiful trees from the Bures. I paid for a full-day meal plan (Buffet breakfast, lunch and 3-course dinner) which was well worth the money. The food itself was delicious. It felt like I was eating in a top restaurant. The overall taste, presentation and portion sizes were top notch.
The Bar was great. Especially during "Happy Hour". They served up a large selection of beers, wines and spirits along with many cocktails. All at very reasonable prices.
The Pool, where we spent a lot of our evenings; was again, very clean. The infinity pool was a nice touch, especially with the sunset. The pool also had several bar stools fitted in the water, which was really nice - with a beer or 5! And the bar staff (especially Mr Potter) were always willing to bring out our drinks to the pool.
There were loads of activities. I took part in the Deep Sea Fishing and the 1hr Guided Snorkel (where we saw sharks!!), along with a massage; all at very reasonable prices. I saw the other islands, and none compare to Treasure Island!
I'll now finish my review, by praising the staff. The staff were the friendliest, most helpful people I've ever meet. They'd always be saying, "Bula Josh!". They all knew our names. And they'd always be walking around singing. I really can't praise them enough.
I'd like to thank Treasure Island for their fantastic hospitality. And there's no doubt I'll be back in the near future.
Vinaka!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank JoshAskew
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We traveled to treasure island from the 12th December to the 18th and let me tell you we wish we were still there!
My Fiance and I loved every bit of this resort! the staff were absolutely beautiful people,every single one of them were lovely, always greeting you with a welcoming "Bulla" every time you walked past them. From the moment we stepped of the boat and were greeted by the lovely Fijian people with their traditional welcome song we new this was going to be a magical place!
The service was absolutely fantastic! the food there was magnificent also, we pre purchased our food on the meal plan which I recommend that everyone should do if you don't want to pay extra, the menu had so much to choose from including entree, main course and also desert every night, they also had special on the board every night to choose from which were also magnificent and delicious! the breakfast is a buffet and has so much variety including bacon,eggs,cereal,pancakes,sausages,muffins,croissants, fresh fruit and yogurt etc excellent variety!
The entertainment there was absolutely fantastic and very entertaining, every night was different and we must say the fire dancing night was the best! the staff did there best to offer as much entertainment as they could, and considering how quite it was at the resort, they did a fantastic job!
As for the previous reviews on the toilets near the bar needing a good clean, there is nothing wrong with them, I seen cleaning ladies everyday cleaning them and there was always beautiful fresh flowers placed in the bathroom every single day, and if your really that fussy then us the toilets in your room! the whole layout of the bar and restaurant were beautiful with that "fijian feel" about the whole entire place, there was not a single problem with cane lice as all the chairs had been sprayed so no need to fear, you will not get bitten! the pool area was fantastic and gorgeous with the newer pool being the most popular by far. there was also more than enough deck chairs to accommodate everyone, and we also suggest that if you are going there as a couple, or even singles you should go there at this time of year as it is nice and quiet with not to many guests and children around.
The rooms were very clean and more than accommodating and very nice layout I must say, our was not even a new renovated room and it was very cute. each bure is almost right on the beach, and you also have your own personal hammock overlooking the beach outside your bure, this is so relaxing laying on this in the early morning or late afternoon, my Fiance even proposed to me on our hammock, it was so beautuful and relaxing laying there together watching the ocean!
The whole layout of the resort was fantastic, if you want to be closer to the restaurant etc i would suggest being in the bures from number 60 onwards as the other bures are a bit more of a walk, the beach is also a lot nicer where we were situated, even though the beached were absolutely stunningly beautiful! nice clear blue water, and also if you swim out on the pontoon floating thingy you and bring your snorkel gear you will see the most beautiful fish!, my fiance and i would lay out there and snorkel and suntan soaking up the suns beautiful rays.please note if you read any reviews about there being a seaweed problem do not listen, yes seaweed does get washed up but the staff are out there every single morning bagging it all up! The weather is also beautiful all year round, this was classed as wet season but believe me out on the island it is far from wet, every single day it was beautiful and sunny with it only raining once for all of half an hour! The day spa was fantastic, and the girls there do a fantastic job! we got facials massages and also manicure and pedicure, was so relaxing laying there and getting pampered!
The jet skiing was so much fun, even though they probably need to replace there jetski with a newer more powerful one and it was a bit sluggish, but still was so much fun buzzing around the island.the snorkeling trip was a lot of fun also, and the canoes were great!
There is even a little gift shop at the island which is fantastic for getting some souvenirs for ourselves and also the family.
Overall this was a fantastic resort and I would recommend this to everyone! if your more of the younger party type I would recommend beachcomber instead as this is more accommodating for the party people, but if your after a nice beautiful relaxed atmosphere with traditional Fijian music I would defiantly recommend this island! was such a beautiful place to escape and get away and we will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AmeliaReece
Also consider these accommodations in or near Treasure Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
Musket Cove Island Resort
Musket Cove Island Resort
#2 of 3 in Malolo Lailai Island
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Treasure Island Resort? Share your experiences!