This was not my first trip to Treasure and it will certainly not be my last!! Myself, my mother and her 2 sisters (returnees) and 3 friends (1st timers) had an absolutely wonderful time.
Reading some the reviews below, I feel the need to respond to some.
1. Not 5 star - travel elsewhere in the world and you will find that 5 star has many variations.
2. Needs upgrading - upgrade work is being carried out as I write. We all received $200 FJD credit per bure as compensation. The work being done is certainly not heard or seen unless you spend the entire day around the pool area.
3. The menu - yes a little more variation would have been nice, but I agree with traveller below. They have limited storage and everything must be delivered by boat. Food was always fresh, delicious and vegetarian options were widely available.
4. Booking of dinner tables - only had to book if you want an outside table or specific table.
The staff on Treasure are fantastic. Always a friendly 'Bula' from everyone you passsed. One of my first timer friends has stayed on the mainland 4 times, but after her experience on Treasure , she says that it is more like the Fiji she expects. Beautiful beach, no overcrowding and not commercialised. - just the simple pleasures you want from holidaying on a small pacific island.
If you want the experience of small island living, Treasure is certainly the place for you. Yes, it is a small island, but lucky if you see more than 4 other people around you on the beach - plenty of room for everyone. Hardest decision of the day is whether to snorkle in the ocean or swim in the pool before lunch.
We opted for the longer catamaran trip back to the mainland so as my first timer friends could see some of the different resorts. Too big, too crowded and too commercialised were their comments.
None of us wanted to leave Treasure after 10 days of pure relaxation. Back to work to save for the next trip
Vinaka vakalevu to everyone - especially Max, Nemo, Ruby, Monica, Bola, Henry and the execptional band
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a coral and sand fringed atoll within a stunning marine sanctuary, Treasure Island is one of Fiji's most iconic resorts, with over 40 years' experience in providing hospitality and friendship to travellers from across the globe. The island caters especially to families, honeymooners and true romantics seeking a unique and unforgettable island holiday experience. Treasure Island is one of the only resorts in the Mamanuca Islands to offer same day transfers, which means that you arrive on our island paradise the same day you arrive in Fiji. Treasure Island is unique as our traditional land owners, the Nakelo Clan, own 50 per cent of the resort and members of the clan hold many key positions, so our team (or as they prefer to be called, hosts) have a vested interest in delivering a truly authentic Fijian experience. This genuine hospitality is contagious and the main reason we have so many return guests. In fact one couple has visited us 85 times! Why don't you come experience for yourself what is unique and special about our island paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Treasure Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Island Hotel Treasure Island
- Fiji Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Fiji