We did a trip to Fiji, for scuba diving , in November 2005. We booked direct with the resort since (despite trying to do so) no agent could match the price of the resort and some easily booked transfers from Sydney on Virgin Pacific Blue (much cheaper than Quantas).
The resort is extremely friendly. Joe merits a particular mention ! The resort welcomes all new guests with a song and a tropical punch ! Which is very welcome because the heat and sometimes humidity can be oppressive.
The rooms/huts are very spacious, and are in the main set back a way from the beach through the palm trees. Walking out in the early morning light (which we did regularly) was a real experience. Each hut also has a hammock strung in the trees in front of the hut near the beach - what a treat ! There is also a private outdoor shower.
The main buildings are relatively small, comprising a sitting area pool, and restaurant - the highlight is the infinity pool. The island itself is small, so there's nothing else to see unless you want an early morning walk to the top of the hill.
However - a few things :-
1. the food was generally okay but not great. The best food was served at the Mongolian BBQ evening, and breakfast. However, we were underwhelmed by the rest - food regularly came out lukewarm (at best) and it was clear that most was cooked well in advamce of dinner and kept warm.
2. The rooms were spacious but only had the benefit of small inefficient wall mounted air con units - which were not enough.
3. The island was surrounded by thick smelly seaweed - which we were told was unusual, but regardless, it did spoil much of the beach
The diving people at the island are friendly (a married English couple) and do a good job. Cost of diving is fairly reasonable too.
Summary is - great for honeymooners who'll overlook some of the shortcomings. We both thought that the Maldives was a better bet for both a secluded beach holiday, and diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bula, Tokoriki Island Resort is a boutique adults only island escape with a total of 36 Bures and Villas. You'll enjoy 2 restaurants including an intimate Teppanyaki seating 4 couples only, 2 guest pools, complimentary snorkelling trips daily, PADI 5* dive centre, tennis, fitness platform, garden chess, hiking track plus unlimited massage offers at the Spa. Voted "Best Overseas Luxury Romantic & Boutique Property 2017" by Luxury Travel Media 2017 and #1 Hotel in Fiji by TripAdvisor travellers. Arrive from Nadi Airport by helicopter or seaplane (15mins) or 1hr by catamaran or speed boat. We can assist you with transfers. Book direct and receive VALE amenities. We look forward to welcoming you to our romantic, refined and relaxed island resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tokoriki Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tokoriki Island Resort, Fiji Hotel Tokoriki Island
- Tokoriki Island Hotel