“One of Fiji's Best”

Tokoriki Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tokoriki Island
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently returned from 5 nights at Tokoriki Resort and we loved it. The island is beautiful and the resort is wonderful. Whilst there were lots of honeymooners we didn't feel uncomfortable and we had a relaxed but social time. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Will and the watersports team are terrific. I did some diving and the dive operation and the dive spots both were first class. In recent years we've been to Vomo and Vatulele and rate Tokoriki up there with the best. We'll certainly visit again.

2  Thank Paul C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I went to Tokoriki Island Resort for our honeymoon and it was beyond our wildest dreams and expectations. We stayed for 5 nights and was so sad to have to leave.

We arrived by cruise and were greeted by the staff there - lei, drinks and beautiful welcome song.

We stayed in a Sunset Pool Bure (one of the newer ones) and it was incredible (living, master bedroom, inside and outside showers, a plunge pool, a day bed, sun lounges). Words can't actually describe how amazing Tokoriki Island Resort actually is. Our Bure was spacious, clean, beautifully furnished, and then a further turnover service 2 times a day (not that it needed it).

What makes the place so special is not only the beautiful island itself, but the Tokoriki staff. Always smiling and always happy to help - with anything. I'm sure they get the same questions from tourists a thousand times a day, but even with the silliest questions we would ask, they were so lovely and so helpful.

There are heaps of things to do - and also a schedule of activities every day. So you will never be bored. But at the same time, you can laze by the infinity pool or the ocean all day.

Tokoriki's motto is that you arrive as a visitor and leave as a friend - this is true! And we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms 28, 29 30 are further away from the main area and super private.
2  Thank sweetpk
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am writing this review from the LA airport waiting for my connection flight home and here is the low down on Tokoriki

My wife and I came here to Tokoriki because our original resort that we booked Likuliku was shut down for repairs from the cyclone. I am glad that we changed resorts because Tokoriki is what we envisioned a tropical resort should be based off of movies and commercials.

1) Resort

Simply put, Beautiful. The infinity pool is amazing. We loved hanging out and swimming in the pool. We loved watching the sunsets. we like the sunsets because it truly is over the water and not blocked by an island.

2) Staff

So friendly. It's true. The staff knows your name by the second day. I couldn't remember everyone's name so I felt bad but they remember yours.

3) Entertainment

At dinner, the band will come around and sing songs that you request. On different nights, they sang the following songs that we requested: "Everything that I do, I do it for you", "One Love", "Wonderful Tonight". So have a list of songs that you want them to sing.

4) Food

Food is ok. There is only one restaurant so you don't have a choice. I guess because it's not cheap I would expect more. Breakfast is very expensive. My wife and I don't eat too much so having a buffet doesn't do much for us but it is nice to have breakfast and look out on the gardens and ocean.

Like everyone says, order the Sandy Ice Cream, it's awesome.

If you don't eat alot, I wouldn't get the meal plan. If you eat alot, then get it.

Teppanakki is good but you need to book ahead of time and wear bug spray when you go. The mosquitoes come out at night.

5) Deluxe Sunset Villas

You must book this. We had a normal room for 5 nights and 1 night at the Deluxe Sunset Villa and it is amazing. Do the extra splurge for this room. It has its own infinity plunge pool and a lounge bed.

There is a reason why they call this the Honeymoon suites.

6) Transportation to Tokoriki

We took a helicopter ride to Tokoriki and the Catamaran back. The helicopter ride was fantastic. My wife gets motion sickness and she did not get sick on the flight. It's so smooth. The catamaran is ok but it takes 1 hr and 15 minutes and when you get to the port, the buses drop people off at resorts in Nadi before doing the final drop off at the airport. The folks at South Seas for the Catamaran are friendly. The helicopter ride is only 20 minutes.

7) Activities

Hit Castaway Island where the beach is beautiful.

Do the home snorkel reef. On our last snorkel, we saw a black tipped reef shark. That was a little scary.

If you want to do the private dining for dinner, book it early. I wanted to book Sat. night but all 4 tables were filled. Make sure to wear the bug spray at dinner, the mosquitoes do come out.

8) Other tips

Buy your alcohol from the duty free shop before you leave the airport. You can then enjoy a drink or two in your room or if you have a deluxe sunset pool villa, you can drink in your own pool.

9) Miscellaneous

All the couples that we met are very nice.

Tokoriki offers free wifi in the dining room and pool. I wish they had it for the bures but if they did, i bet alot of people wouldn't come out and hang in the dining room.

We would like to come back in 10 years for our 10 year anniversary.

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe Sunset Villa if you can. It's more expensive but worth it.
2  Thank Bob817
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just returned from a 5-night stay at Tokoriki Island Resort, and I can't say enough great things about the whole experience. A friend and I were there to celebrate our birthdays, and we were a little nervous that it would feel awkward for us amidst all the honeymooners. Thankfully, that wasn't the case at all - the staff is terrific at making everyone feel special regardless of why you're there. The views are stunning, the food is terrific, the snorkeling is fantastic, the grounds are perfectly groomed, the bures are nicely appointed....an all-around fantastic experience! My top recommendations: ordering the "sandy beach" dessert (yum), taking the village tour (so you can see where/how the resort workers live), snorkeling (amazing variety and colors of fish and coral), and hiking to the top of the island at sunset (stunning views). Go to Tokoriki!

Room Tip: It's convenient to have a bure that's close to the main building, but honeymooners will prob...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed at Tokoriki resort for 4 nights in an ocean front Sunset pool villa. The room was amazing and the views outstanding. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants total relaxation. The food was fantastic and the chef more then happy to help with special dietary requirements. We also had a 3 day pamper package at the day spa which was great value. The day spa is in the treetops and is one if the best spas I have been too. The beauty therapists were very well trained and provided excellent service. The only thing I can fault about the resort is the fact that it doesn't have a gym. It is much too hot to run and so it would be nice to have even a small gym so that you have a choice to exercise if you wish too. I made this known to the managers who very supportive but it seems that the owners aren't interested in providing these facilities.
For light sleepers, the pool filters were a bit noisy and it would be nice if they covered them to reduce the noise or put them on a timer so they didn't run at night.
A big advantage of this resort is that it has very good wifi around the pool and lobby area. The infinity pool is gorgeous and the beach is lovely too, nice white sand, much better than Denaru and they make an effort to sweep up seaweed off the beach which some resorts don't do. We loved it and would love to come back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Hubby and I stayed here a while ago without the kids and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to review this piece of paradise. We arrived by helicopter (highly recommended) and the minute we touched down we knew we were in good hands. This place is truly lovely and everything you'd expect in terms of the amazing Fijian hospitality. We stayed in the standard bure (without pool) and it was perfect. Don't expect first class luxury.. It's a tiny bit tired. I hate saying that as there are soooooo many wonderful positives that make up for it and to be honest, I have no comparison in Fiji. So positives... Service and staff! Faultless. Also, a great range of activities... Snorkelling is amazing!!! Great diving, island tours etc. gorgeous pool!! All bures are close to the restaurant but not too close. Fabulous food!! Lovely themed nights, dancing etc. negatives... As said before a teeny tiny bit tired in terms of world class but don't let that put you off, no shops (a good thing for some!) and the beach isn't amazing... Definitely not for those who love sun baking on white sand. But the pool is lovely and the day trips to nearby islands make up for it. So all in all, perfect for couples, divers, relaxing, foodies and pretty much doing nothing. Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Pinkladies3
Reviewed April 10, 2013

No words to describe this trip. My Husband and I have been together 15 years and never had a honeymoon, so splurged on this trip right down to helicopter transfers. (Totally recommend as the flight is something else). We had a few days together before the kids flew in to start a family holiday. The surroundings, sunsets, cocktails, privacy and luxury make this destination a dream for couples. I have no negative comments besides the food. Compared to other regions of Fiji, it was better but not as high a quality as I expected. There is not much to do but that is the beauty of the Island. We did a walk to the top of the mountain and that was a great couple of hours. The rooms were stunning, the highlight being the outdoor shower. Snorkelling, chilling in the foyer and listening to the band, swimming in the magical pool, I felt like I had picked the most perfect location. The staff all know your name by day 2, and leaving, you genuinely feel like you are leaving family. I rarely visit a place twice, moving forward to the next spot on my map, but Tokoriki is something special and am already planning a trip back next year. I was extremely emotional upon departure.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Malolo Island
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Matamanoa Island Resort
Matamanoa Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Matamanoa Island

Been to Tokoriki Island Resort? Share your experiences!