Tokoriki Island Resort
Sheraton Resort & Spa, Tokoriki Island(Tokoriki Island)
$325
Sheraton.com
  • Beachfront
1,572 results
All reviewsband boyssunset pool villaoutdoor showerour honeymoonmeal planwelcome songteppanyaki restaurantrecommend tokorikitokoriki familyprivate beach picnicvisited tokorikihelicopter transferfresh flowersdive shopheaven on earthmain poolwelcome home
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

In August/September I spent 2 weeks in Fiji, I stayed my first 2 nights at Tokoriki Island Resort.
If you want pure luxury and your budget is a little generous then this is the place to stay.
The food was to die for, even the buffet breakfasts were great (in comparison to the other islands that we stayed on). One thing to note: you must not leave this island without trying Sandy Ice Cream!!!
We stayed in a Beach Bure which was wonderful. I've never stayed anymore that had my own hammOck hanging from the trees between the sea and my terrace. There are lots of trees around but reading my book in the hammock whilst the sun went down is one of my favourite memories!
The infinity pool is beautiful (albeit a little cold!) and there are plenty of luxury sun loungers around the pool.
There are 3 tables nested just above the beach/ocean fron all about 20feet apart which can be Pre-booked for a private dinner or special occasion- we never saw them used but I can imagine it would be wonderful.
There were Sunset Pool Villas available but the hotel were at full occupancy whilst we were there and so we didn't get to stay in one of those.
There was also a teppanyaki restaurant which seated 8... It gets very booked up so reserve a space when you arrive at the hotel.
The Fijian people are wonderful, they brought my friend a birthday cake and sang happy birthday at dinner. Every night there was a local who would sing and play music whilst everyone ate dinner but therenis mo other evening entertainment.
I travelled with my friend but this is a very romantic resort. If i ever get another chance to visit Fiji, Tokoriki would be my first choice for a trip with my partner.
Last but not least, Tokoriki's Goodbye song will stay in my heart forever..!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank BrightonTA2012
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have never been so spoilt, only our 3rd day here and already we feel part of the family. It is the staff of Tokoriki that make this destination the best. Nothing is to much trouble for them, yesterday we wanted to go snokelling on the reef but didn't realise you had to book ahead - no problem for Willie at the dive shop he just set to work and there we were trained up and marvelling at the colour and beauty of the reef. Our guide shared his local knowledge with us for nearly an hour. A memory that will stay with us for years. Thank you Willie, Vinaka Tokoriki.

Room Tip: Sunset pool villa well worth the additional cost.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

When we arrived at Tokoriki we arrived on a night flight form Australia and we were feeling tired and a little cranky, we had to wait at Nandi airport for about an hour for the seaplane , looking at the weather which was pouring with rain and humid .
We arrived at tokoriki on our little seaplane which I must say was amazing , we landed at Tokoriki and that is where paradise begins.
We were abit worried as we have never been on a holiday where there was no tv in our room, we have ben to Vegas, LA, Turkey , Hawaii all in 5 star hotels but with all the mod cons.
In saying that, I cannot recommend Tokoriki enough, I cried when we arrived and I cried when I left ( my husband said I was a sook but Im sure he teared up )as it really did seem like we were entering Paradise.
The staff were fantastic , so friendly and helpful and knew our names immediantley.
Our Pool bure was amazing , we used the plunge pool alot and actually never got into the main pool . We sat down on the beach which was right out side our front door basically ( I think 10 steps down to be exact )
We had the meal plan which we had good value from and al the food was great, we thought there was plent of choices each day, I guess if you were there more than a week it may need to be changed around but as we were not there that long I am not sure how that works.
We had the Teppanyaki with Jimmy Bones which was a fantastic experience and great fun. ( make sure you book in advance for that)
We went over to Moniriki Island with Vile and Dive shop people and that was unreal and so beautiful, snorkelling was great over there and Vile was fantastic while snorkelling with him. The Dive shop staff are great and really helpful and will try and bend over backwards to help you with anything they can .Thanks alot to Alex for all her help too.
We also went over to Yanuya Island where alot of the workers come from, Vile took us on htis tour as it is his Village, that was a great experience to go there and see the school and meet the families and Children over there. The school has a shortage of books in their Library so if you have any kids books Im sure they would love them. ( We took some yoyos over for the kids but Im sure there are more usefull things to give them )
Kava night is a fun night to join in and chat and try the local drink with Joshua .
Tokoriki is a place you can do as little or as much as you like , its up to you .
The band boys were great singing at all times , which you never really get sick of hearing them .
The girls in the Spa were lovely but Im not sure that if you want a firm deep tissue massage that you will get that , but the experience is really about relaxing so very nice surrounds and lovely girls.
If you can afford it I would recomend the Sunset Pool Villa and also the meal plan. Drinks can add up so always good if you take some duty free drinks over with you . We didnt really need to bring snacks or anything as we were having 3 meals a day anyway so didnt need any extra.
Also just remember when you go here it is Fiji time and about relaxing and this is defiantley the place to be.
Sota Tale and Vinaka Vakalevu to all of you Noamia, Joshua , Kris, Patrice , Lily, Band Boys, Sammi (he is the cheeky one ) Ala, Tussie and everyone else I have left out .

xx

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne P
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived a day after getting married and after months of house renovations and wedding preparations to the quintessential island paradise. Warm friendly people who truly cared about us and ensuring we had the best stay possible; clean and comfortable accommodation with a view to die for; fabulous meals and little 'treats' around the pool; calm shallow waters teeming with brightly coloured fish. You can keep to yourself near your bure and have romantic dinners for two when you want to but you can also mix with others around the pool area or on excursions to nearby islands etc. Would highly recommend it as a honeymoon destination and we are already deciding for which anniversary will be our return trip!

Room Tip: Beach side bures are fabulous and we loved ours but next time will extra indulge and get a villa with its own plunge pool!
Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at Tokoriki as part of our honeymoon. We booked a deluxe bure but got upgraded to the Sunset Pool Villa which was just amazing. The pool and deck were fabulous and looked out to the ocean through the coconut trees. The room itself was very clean, cozy and spacious. The outdoor shower was amazing and unique and we used that for our entire trip. You’ll notice the lack of phones and alarm clocks but in my opinion that just adds to the charm and uniqueness of Tokoriki.

The resort is an amazing property –from the minute you step on to the island (we got the Helicopter both ways which is a splurge but totally worth it) you feel a sense of peace and calm and completely forget about your life back home. The staff are wonderful and genuinely welcoming which I have never experienced at any of the big chain hotels! Everything is personalised and the staff remember your orders, your room number and even your name!

If you’re looking for a regular 5 star hotel then this is not for you. This is a resort where you just go with the flow and learn to disconnect with the norm. I could spend hours reading a book by the infinity pool, sipping on delicious cocktails and listening to the tunes (live music from the very talented staff). The spa was amazing – I recommend the honeymoon treatment which is a facial for the bride and massage for the groom – sooo ultra relaxing and good value!

I’ve never wanted to go back to any of my previous vacations because I love to explore new places but after my 3 days at Tokoriki, I can’t help but say I’ll be back and I hope the lovely staff Nuimea, Joshua and Sami will be around :)

Tips –
1. Some duty free alcohol and snacks won’t go astray.
2. Book in the private ocean dining – its so worth it.
3. Book in spa treatments and activities well in advance so you don’t miss out, especially if you’re on a short trip
4. The free island snorkelling trip is pretty good.
5. If you’re not a big eater, suggest skipping the meal plan and just go with a la carte orders

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple