“Terrific Tokoriki - Second Visit”

Tokoriki Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tokoriki Island
Sydney, Australia
“Terrific Tokoriki - Second Visit”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

When my wife and I got married, we threw up ideas for our Oct 2012 honeymoon, with one stipulation: it must include a return visit to Tokoriki.

So last time we stayed in the Deluxe Beach Bure's and it really impressed us, but this time we booked a shorter stay and decided to up the ante and try one of the Sunset Pool Villas.

Our arrival at Tokoriki was much the same as before, and it didn't take long before not one, or two, but 4 staff members recognised us from our previous stay and welcomed us back. Even more impressive was they remembered our names (and in Moses's case the nickname they gave me :-) )

Upon checking in by Naumaia (spelling?) we were introduced to Patrice (Sales and Marketing Manager), and Robert (manager), and welcomed back.

My wife was feeling a little off this day and Moses, Josua and other staff kept asking if she was okay. Moses checked us in to our rooms, asking again if there was anything they could get us. The staff were amazingly caring, almost as if someone close to them was sick. About 20-30 minutes after settling in Moses arrived with a hand written card from management welcoming us back. This was a really nice personal touch. He also asked how my wife was doing, and I mentioned better.

The Sunset Pool villas. WOW. We stayed in the older style SPV's, but checked out the new ones as well. To be honest the old ones seem much better (as plunge pool is at back of them and looks towards the ocean) so you get a bit more privacy.

Like the first stay food was absolutely delicious, with us eating really well every night. The second morning after we checked in staff asked my wife how she was feeling, and she was really impressed by how caring they had been.

The events held where much the same as last time, and the International Crab Race was an absolute crack up as always.

The band boys as always put on a cracking performance every day and night, and really add something special to food time.

I always feel sad leaving Tokoriki, it's like leaving home. On the boat trip back to catamaran, the boat guys got all excited as a HUGE GT Trevally swam around the boat!

Naumaia (sp?), Ramsey, Joe, Ala, Josua, Sami, and of course Moses, and anyone else I have left out.. thank you for the memories of what will always form part of our awesome honeymoon.

You cannot run a business without good staff, and Tokoriki is no exception. Most of the staff members were still there from last time, and some have been there since the resort opened 20 odd years ago. This speaks volumes for why Tokoriki is such a popular and loved resort by many. The staff love Tokoriki, travellers love Tokoriki, and my wife and I love Tokoriki.

I hope to visit sometime in the future for a third time!

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra, treat yourself to a Sunset Pool Villa, and request one of the older one...
2 Thank Mitch007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
  • Polish first
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We Honeymooned at Tokoriki Island Resort, Fiji from 15th October to the 21st October and stayed in the Sunset Pool Villa 3. It was above and beyond the 5 stars it was rated. The service, hospitality and genuine friendliness was outstanding. We arrived late on the 15th by water taxi we were greeted by staff who sang us a beautiful song and told "welcome home!" I thought this was a wonderful touch. The welcome cocktail was refreshing and the cool minty towel was refreshing. All staff always greeted you with a hearty and friendly Bula no matter the time of day or night, this was a great touch and really made the experience a great one, it did feel very welcoming.

Our Sunset Pool Villa was very luxurious but still in-keeping with traditional Fijian buildings. I loved the congratulations on the bed and the champagne and gift it was a lovely touch. The daily housekeeping was flawless and we loved the nightly turn down service.

The food at the resort was amazing, we had full board which included a Full Breakfast (including continental and one other choice), a 2 course lunch, afternoon tea, and a 3 course meal with the option to upgrade to the Teppanyaki Restaurant or the beachfront dinner. The menus changed daily which was great, I tried most things. I recommend the seafood platter for two when dining beachfront. The musicians really made our dining experience wonderful. They were one of this highlights of our stay. The friendly wait staff knew you by name (and bure number) by the first morning. We loved their hospitality and genuine interest in what you were up to that day.

The snorkeling was amazing we could have done more. We went on two trips one to Monuriki and fishing a great experience but caught nothing. We both loved every moment.

The whole experience at Tokoriki is one we will never forget. We will recommend it to everyone who want a relaxing island holiday or honeymoon! Vinaka. Jill and Greg Ives.

Room Tip: Choose the Sunset Pool Villas, the pool, view and outdoor shower was worth the extra money.
1 Thank JillIves
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Heaven on earth! beautiful staff that genuinely care and love their guests. When we arrived to tokoriki on our honeymoon we were told "welcome home" by a very calm natured Fijian local employee. At the time I thought no further than - thats so nice to say but after a few days it made complete sense. We really felt we were at home (in perfect paradise) but with all the activities, service and relaxation that trumps a standard 5 star resort.
I have traveled throughout Europe, HK, Japan, America, Australia, Samoa, NZ and beyond - Tokoriki resort was flawless! We stayed in both the deluxe and standard rooms over 8 days.. Both rooms were magnificent and I will to return to tokoriki.. I can't decide what was best: the romance, relaxation, ever changing food and cocktail list, the rooms, water activities or the staff... Do I have to keep saying how amazing it is? I think any sane person would've already booked and stopped reading long ago..

Do yourself a favor and go there. I promise it will be an experience of a lifetime.

Au maru vakalevu! Vinaka!!!
I am very very happy! Thank you!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank WaylonMcAllister
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I'll definately go back to Tokoriki. I was there 2weeks ago, and I still cannot escape from the memory of paradise. It was one of the most friendly resort i have ever been to - and the food was great too. Facilities are clean and well maintained, and pool is nice. But What I experienced in Tokoriki is not just the facility, but really the service of every member of the resort that makes me really want to go back. Everybody is friendly including the visitors - that I can have occasional conversation with them and enjoy the talk with strangers as if they're friends. I never think about going back to the same resort - but I am definately thinking about coming back here in coming years. Also I had the best diving instructor - thank you Alex :D and had the most fantastic experience getting Padi certified in the resort. Fiji ocean is beautiful and I feel like I can feel the ocean when I close my eyes. Thank you for the fantastic memory - and definately will go back again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank yoko1115
Bangalow, Australia
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Thankyou once again Tokoriki. Our yearly holiday was fantastic and we feel so refreshed and relaxed.
Cant fault any of the amenities or the service. The staff couldn't be more helpful, courteous and professional.
My husband loves the fitness centre and swimming each day in the pool while I just LOVED the spa...had 3 amazing massages and a facial.....heaven..!!!
We really enjoy doing very little although there are heaps of activities available.
We loved the sunset cruise...really beautiful.
As before it is so difficult to leave...really love the Fijian songs.
Look forward to seeing you once again next year.
Angela and Gere

1 Thank Lea A
GMTokoriki, General Manager at Tokoriki Island Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Bula Angela and Gere,
We are delighted you enjoyed you recent stay with us especially the beautiful spa and facilities are the resort. As holidays are about relaxing, our outdoor fitness centre is one of the best!...Kayaks for the upper arms, hiking to the top of the mountain for the legs, tennis for fitness and swimming for the entire body! So much to do or simply enjoy the food, sit back and relax by the pool with your cocktails! The sunset cruise is a real treat with the Fijian sunsets and enjoying a cocktail or two with new friends. The bandboys new CD will be released very soon (Fiji Time) and is worth waiting for. Stayed tuned on Facebook for details. Vinaka once again Angela and Gere and we look forward to sharing our paradise yet again with you both. Vinaka!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I have just got back from Fiji and wow Tokoriki was a truly romantic place to stay - it was just a pity that we were only there for 3 nights. We found the staff very friendly, the bures were beautiful and the food was good. We stayed at 4 different hotels on our trip and I made the bookings direct with each resort. I found that Patrick was the most efficient and helpful person in the booking process. He arranged a charter for us from Musket Cove. The boat arrived a little early and Te gave us a commentary on all the resorts we passed on the way to Tokoriki. We really appreciated this as it was our first visit to the Islands. When we arrived at Tokoriki we were greeted warmly and given a welcoming drink. Our beach front bure was beautiful and the view was good. We went for a swim in the beach below and it was fantastic. My husband snorkelled in front of our bure and he was able to see quite a few fish. The most amazing thing about Tokoriki is the main pool area. It was lovely to lie in the sun by the pool and relax and look out at the stunning view. At night it was also lovely to sit by the pool with a drink looking at the stars and listening to the waves. Each night at dinner you were serenaded by Joshua and team. I loved the songs - they were sung very well. My husband went on the snorkeling trips which he enjoyed. He said that he saw bigger and more varities although not as many fish as at Musket Cove. The highlight of our trip was being upgraded to the sunset villas for our last night. These villas are stunning and they have their own private pool and day bed which we loved.
Well I absolutely loved Tokoriki there are a few negatives but they did not detract from our overall experience. The first was the smell of the seaweed on our first day, it was unpleasant but by the third day it was fine as the staff are clearing the beaches. Secondly the helicopter is very noisy when dropping off or picking up guests but the noise doesn't last to long. I would also recommend that you look at the menus first before purchasing the meal plan. We spent a lot less than we would have on the plan. In saying that we didn't have breakfast. We also found the main meals at dinner very filling and didn't need a starter. We did share the pudding though and highly recommend the orange creme caramel.
All in all we had a wonderful time at Tokoriki and would like to thank the staff for our enjoyable trip.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the sunset villas if it doesn't completely blow the budget
Bula Sanz27,
Vinaka for your detailed review of your stay with us. Patrick is delighted you appreciated his help and assistance with your booking. He is very professional at his job and ensures that your requests are met once at the resort. We are delighted you enjoyed the pool, the stars and the waves. Snorkeling off the beach and on our guided snorkelling complimentary trips is a real treat for those in search of finding Nemo! thanks again for sharing your review and we look forward to seeing back at Tokoriki one day soon. Vinaka Sanz27
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The staff are caring and great to be around. The food is excellent and the facilities first class. An ideal place for a relaxing holiday where you can do nothing or do heaps. The entertainment alone is worth being on the island for. There are a few walks but the best is the water and the activities. enjoy

Room Tip: the bures are all the same but ask for the ones in front of beach at north end
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bula John,
A big vinaka for taking the time to share your review with future Tokoriki guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the water and the entertainment. We do hope to see you back with us again very soon! The bandboys CD will be released very soon. We will keep you posted via our Facebook page. Vinaka from the Tokoriki Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tokoriki Island
Matamanoa Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Matamanoa Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)
Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island

Been to Tokoriki Island Resort? Share your experiences!