Ok. Want to know the reality? Read all the reviews? Spent 1 week in July with 3 children under 6 .
Lets be honest this island is not Fiji and is full of Aussies. The reviews are reflecting the fact that Australians do not get out much . For those well travelled of us here is the real review
As always we start with the positives . For kids it is heaven . The kids club is great . Loads of different activities / Fiji dance/ culture / water activities .. Free ice cream all day ... Pasta at the meals all day etc etc..
The fiji staff are truly wonderful. Relaxed and caring ... Naturally great with kids . The musical trio with semi et al will not be forgotten and adored by our kids . We will honestly miss them .
The snorkelling is amazing , the water sports is cool and as no waves great for amateurs .
The 300m beach is good . The sea is warm. 1808 restaurant and head chef very good
Ok .. The negatives.
1. Price -crazy over priced
2. It is really a big kids club. Do NOT come here if u have no children
3. It is full of Australians . Their kids are uncontrolled . No respect . Using the hammocks as swings and basically turning the tiny beach into oz kick sessions
4. The beach is tiny and there are far too many bures . Upto 100 people on the beach ruins everything.
5. Just when u thoughts some quiet periods a boat load of day trippers descend . Everyday !!
6 . The tide goes out at 1 pm and you cannot swim after this at all on the beach
7. The safety is so lax it is amazing. No questions re swimming abilities etc just here's a life jacket and away u go. Our daughters went on a dolphin safari. 20 kids 1 adult on a boat . No dolphins but they swam in the sea somewhere??!
8. Meal plan 120 dollars each adult/day kids 40 dollars day . Any alcohol extra. Everyone brings own supply, full of Aussies drinking. Dumped their kids in the club till 10 pm and getting drunk. How the bogans can afford here I cannot understand .
9. This is no way an exclusive resort . The transfer from airport to island is bus/ boat 1.5 hrs - we got helicopter back - 10 mins
Pools are really poor kids one very shallow. No lifeguard an guard and kids were bored after 30 mins . Water very cold unless 35 deg sun ...
11. Just over populated and cashing in on day trippers/ weddings etc à big club med basically
12 around kids swimming pool no space to sit for parents or walk around pool
If there was an international clientele and 90%less people it would work
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)