We were lucky enough to spend a couple of nights at Castaway recently after a hectic week in Fiji . There was nothing we could fault during our stay. The food was superb and we highly recommend the meal plan as people who normally steer clear of such plans as the quality is usually pretty average. Not at Castaway. The awesome Chef Lance Seeto has created menus to die for, and honestly you wont be sorry. You will be treated to superb food, that has been prepared with much thoughts and passion.
We stayed in Bure 33, and were delighted. It is nice and close to both pools and the main restaurant, so it was never a hassle to duck back to our Bure if we forgot things for our bub. The rooms are thoughtfully decorated and we loved the fact that we knew from the interior design of our bure that we were on holiday in Fiji. The ceiling of the bure is lined with hand painted traditional masi, and the rooms decorated to both capture the sea and traditional features of Fiji.
The bure was extremely quiet at night other than the sound of the waves crashing on the beach close by, which was just so relaxing for us to drift off to sleep listening to. We also noted that we were never ever woken by drunken tourists, it seems Castaway attracts a different crowd, lots of young families and decent people looking for a wonderful holiday, rather than the backpacker crowd or party people. The rooms were beautifully clean, and I had no hesitation in letting our bub crawl all over the floor. Housekeeping staff go about their work each day with big smiles on their faces, and are very proud of the rooms they prepare for the Castaway guests.
The kids pool was such a lovely place to spend a day. The restaurant there was amazing, awesome chicken burgers, and the service equally impressive. It was nice to see parents interacting with their children, supervising them, and not sitting around getting drunk and letting the kids entertain themselves. The atmosphere was just great, and we spent the entire day there with our 8 month old and our 3 yr old nephew who was with us.
We were just so impressed by the staff, each and every one of them. It is clear they love what they do, and they aim to please. Nothing was ever a problem, and we were just looked after so well. The staff are so professional, and do their jobs so well. It is clear that they are treated well by the management and owner, as it shows in the passion they deliver in their service to guests.
Band boys played all day and all night. Just make the holiday meal very relaxed.
My husband went on a dive, and commented at how professional the staff were, and helpful to everyone. They place priority on safety, and as a nervous wife, it was reassuring to know that my husband would be well looked after. The staffs are well versed on the surroundings and jobs.
We loved Castaway, and can't wait to go back. Don't bother spending your money anywhere else. If you want the holiday of a lifetime, choose Castaway. My husband is Fijian and we have stayed in alot of resorts during our visits from Australia. Nothing compares. Castaway scores 10/10 on every level, and in every area.
Well done Castaway crew, you are all awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)