Being Kiwis and just returned last evening from having had 5 .5 days at Castaway Island and having never travelled to Fiji before, let alone stay on any of the wonderful resorts available.
My youngest (20) year old son, his girlfriend and myself (mum)
decided that this was to be our overseas trip for this year.
I found all the staff friendly, absolutely pleasant and would assist wherever necessary.
The Bure's were great exactly what you needed, fully airconditioned, with refrigerator, good shower(very important, for women) and well proportioned.
Daily serviced with clean towels in 30-33 degree heat we needed that.
The meals I thought were great, good choice, and No i didn't get slimmer whilst there.
I thought both bars were good, expensive but to be expected, where everything is shipped or freighted in.
The fresh fruit is to die for, especially the watermelon and pineapple, the Chef I thought was amazing , coming round everyone's table morning noon and evening and remembered everything anyone said about any particular food.
That is excellent service, and we Kiwis dine out a lot these days.
For a family with young children, a holiday bliss place to go, as the Kid's Club and babysitting services are marvellous, allowing time for the adults to be alone.
Even though we weren't a young family, we managed to secure the pool when the young ones went in to dinner, almost having the swimming pool to ourselves for over an hour.
What more could one want swimming with the lighted torches in a sheer flat calm pool.
Being afraid of heights the Para sailing was a real treat, but so was the Massage at expert hands.
The highlight for all three of us was on the day before we left, we went out with JJ and another lovely Fijian on the 3 Island Trip,
finalizing with Champagne and Seafood buffet all laid out especially for us on trestle tables with potato,green and ceasar salads, fresh buns, fresh fruits, and cheeses, right on Castaway's own private beaches just around the other side of the island under the shades of lovely trees. Seeing the wild dolphins swimming around us and travelling in their very fast motorised boat right out to the outer reef. Also swimming on the atoll from knee deep was amazing too.
An amazing trip, the quizzes on the beach, the wonderful company of all on board, the hot day just made it all the more spectacular and memorable.The crystal clear waters, and sorry guys that we weren't able to feed you more of your favourite delicacy "Sea Grapes". The thought was there though... The cost for all this was only $99 Fijian each, well worth it for over four hours.
If the only down side for me was I wish there was 2 pools, one for the children, which they used mainly, and perhaps a different one for adults, doesn't have to be big, just a thought.
A very big thankyou for all your support, I loved finding the Frog in our outside wee water dipper outside the Bure in the mornings.
Thankyou for your hospitality, it is a special place, great food, good company and you are all wonderful people
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)