My Husband and I have just returned from 5 nights on Castaway Island, just a quick getaway from work and I am so glad we only stayed on the mainland for 1 night otherwise we would have missed out on the true paradise of Fiji.
We upgraded to the captains lounge on the ferry and it was well worth the money especially if you are travelling with children.
We arrived to the island with the staff singing and didn't see our bags from when we got onto the ferry until we got to our room; we were given a welcome drink and offered lunch which was nice to just relax straight away.
Our room was quite large and had everything we needed and it was nice to know the island had safe drinking water from their own desalination plant after all the things you hear about drinking water when overseas.
The food was fantastic and my husband went out fishing a few times on the deep sea and the night time fishing trip so we did have fresh fish a couple of nights that the chef cooked for us, the food package was well worth it including all meals with entree, main and desert. Drinks were not that expensive for an island and I managed to fit in for a massage but book they do book up quickly so get in fast.
The beach was beautiful and always easy to get a sun bed and everyone around was really nice we had dinner with a other couples and they had been to Castaway 3 times before.
We don't have kids but if you do the Fijian's love them the kids club is very good and they do have a night time kids club too they even performed for us one night. Babysitting is very cheap so a lot of people we spoke to used it at night so they didn't have to rush with dinner @ $4.50 oz who would want to also the kids club only takes kids from 3 years old. A word of warning for those that don't have kids and are going on a romantic holiday I would not go near Castaway in school holidays as someone mentioned to me it is crazy with kids everywhere! So glad we didn't go in the school holidays.
Fiji time was evident but was no annoying so was quite a good balance for us, not too slow but not rushed to move on, although we did ask for a few drink over dinner and never saw them but we didn't worry too much we hadn't signed for them. When you leave they let you see everything that is charged to your account by individual receipt so that was a comfort as well.
Over all a very pleasant holiday and I would definitely go back out of school holiday or anytime if we had kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castaway Island, Fiji provides a unique South Pacific experience - a great place to relax, unwind and enjoy life's simple pleasures. Fiji's most popular island resort has guests returning year after year to experience the magic that is "Castaway". The island's 174 acres are covered with lush tropical vegetation, and surrounded by white sand beaches and vibrant coral reefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Castaway Island Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Island Fiji Hotel Qalito Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Qalito
- Castaway Island Resort
- Fiji Castaway Resort
- Castaway Fiji Hotel Island
- Castaway Island Fiji Castaway Island (Qalito)