“Great Place to stay !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Satsuma
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Place to stay !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Sometimes I have to travel alone with 2 small dogs ,so I am very picky about where I stop. This is a clean , pet friendly place. A nice upper scale motel in a decent price range. A plus is a full breakfast .The friendly staff made me feel very comfortable & safe . It was quiet ,even with construction workers leaving for work , they did not disturb me or the dogs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Check out some local eating establishments (Pintoli's, Bay City Grill ) excellent food with a pleasant atmosphere. The people at the hotel were very friendly and loved our puppy Gomer. If you need directions to nearby sights the front desk manager is willing to find the best route and give very understandable step by step directions. Loved our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank leenort
Joshua H, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile Satsuma / Saraland, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property and your kind words about your experience! We love being able to help our guests - and we love pets even more! We're always happy to provide directions and recommend local restaurants... we always recommend Pintoli's and now you know why! Great food and atmosphere - it's a hidden gem. We hope you can come and stay with us again soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here to explore Mobile, which is about 20 minutes away. First of all, the lobby is very welcoming and we were very pleasantly surprised how nicely the room was decorated. It had a fridge and microwave, which was appreciated. It's off the main hwy and is surrounded by a wooded area. Even the pool area has contemporary patio furniture and since it's in the back, you get to enjoy the wooded surroundings while swimming. Breakfast was also not the typical for LQ since it included scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy. We also found the hotel clean, quiet with a friendly staff. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rasa B
I want to thank you for your review of our hotel, and I will be sure to pass along your kind words about your stay to our entire staff! We strive to provide each guest a memorable experience at our property, and I'm thrilled we were able to do this for your family. We hope to see you again soon!
Springdale, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I went down to Mobile to visit my grandmother. We stayed at La Quinta in North Mobile. We first got a room on the second floor. This was difficult with three kids so the next day we asked if there was a room on the first floor. the lady at the desk didn't even hesitate and moved us to a room downstairs. there was more room for us to move around too! The kids really enjoyed the pool. Our room was at the end of the hall next to the door for the pool. The pool was very clean. The beds were comfortable and we got a great sleep. Thank you La Quinta!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa G
Thank you for your review, and your kind words regarding the service you experienced during your stay! I'm glad we were able to serve your needs better with a room on the first floor, and you enjoyed our beautiful pool! We hope to see you again soon when you return to the area, and safe travels!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The customer service agent that assisted me over the phone was extremely helpful in securing a room. I chose the hotel because you are pet friendly and extremely happy with property and management. Due to this experience I will be using La Quinta exclusively when traveling with my pets, and will preference La Quinta when traveling without them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you so much for your review, and we appreciate your kind comments. We hope you choose to stay with us again when you are in the area - we'll have treats waiting for your pets, too! Safe travels!
Texas City, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's all about perception and experience with a brand. We have stayed at the three main LaQuinta properties in the Mobile, Alabama area (Satsuma/Saraland, I-65, and Tillman's Corner), and after our three-night stay at this location, we might stick to the Tillman's Corner location in the future as it is our current favorite. The room we were given at the Satsuma property had rug damage from a previous guest's dog (dangerous in a handicapped-accessible room where one with a cane (like me) or walker can stumble and fall). High-speed Internet never got above LOW in that room--most often was at VERY LOW--my roommate's IPAD could not ever connect since the signal was so low (it worked in the lobby, however). The worst part was an ant invasion--not a few ants, but hundreds of them crawling along the baseboard. I had visions of ourselves and our dogs being eaten alive, so I reported the issues with the ants, Internet, and rug to the front desk, and we were upgraded to a King Suite (non-handicapped-accessible). It was a much better room, and the Wi-fi was at "Good"and "Very Good" most of the time there. I have to do work on my trips, so Internet access is a necessity rather than a luxury for me. The breakfast the previous person commented on was NOT up to LaQuinta standards. The first morning, that ground sausage mentioned in the previous review was gray with several large unchopped chunks in it--I hate to say it, but it was the look and consistency of one of my dog's canned foods. The sausage should have been left whole or cut into quarters. The scrambled eggs that morning were very dry, and the "assorted pastries" consisted of 2 muffins (those same two muffins were there the second morning). The second morning, the ground sausage from the previous day was added to white gravy, and the eggs were worse than the day before--dry and hard like marbles. By the way, the girl working in the breakfast area made the comment that she was stuck working there! I wouldn't say that in earshot of guests. The third morning, however, there was a different lady working, and the eggs (scrambled discs instead of marbles) were moist; the sausage was left in patties and actually browned. I asked her if she was the regular person who worked there, and she said, "Yes, I was off the past two days." That explained a great deal. Unfortunately, there was no milk for cereal (the person who worked the day before had not ordered any, apparently,) and someone had broken the waffle maker, so there were no waffles either. I need to mention that we stay at hotels between 15 and 20 nights each year on the average, sometimes more, and always choose either LaQuinta or Drury properties due to their pet policies (we have learned to avoid the LaQuinta Inns and try to find a LaQuinta Inn and Suites for better service and amenities, especially the breakfasts.) Of the three LaQuinta properties in the Mobile-area (four if you count Daphne, AL), I would rank this one number 2 behind the LaQuinta Inn Mobile on I-65 (We have not stayed at the Daphne location). The property is a bit hidden (by the way, we got better Internet reception in that first room from the Pilot Truck Stop than from the hotel!); the area was muddy and needed more landscaping, The lobby area was fine. I am a LaQuinta Gold Card Rewards member, and I chose this property because I received more nights with my reward points than I would at the Tillman's Corner property. I did receive a survey from LaQuinta, and I got a quick response to it from the manager at this location. I called to discuss our stay in greater detail, but I have not heard back as of this writing (I left a message with my telephone number). All-in-all, I can say that we have stayed at better properties, and we have stayed at much worse. I did notice that some of the more recent reviews indicate a down-turn at this location. I agree with several of the comments made. I hope that the powers-that-be will take the constructive criticism to heart and make the necessary adjustments. We stay in the Mobile area several times each year and would be willing to come back to this property and will continue to monitor TripAdvisor before our next trip.

Room Tip: You might want to ask to see a room first before committing to it. We were offered first floor or th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelSteveR
I first want to thank you for sharing your details about your stay, as it's through this feedback that we can make our hotel better for all of our guests. I am personally addressing your concerns with my staff, and we are investigating the cause of the wi-fi issues that you experienced. I'm very happy that we were able to rectify your issues before your departure, and I assure you that the issues you experienced will not be repeated! We strive to provide each guest a wonderful and memorable experience at our property and we certainly use every detail to address issues and further train and counsel our staff members. If you return to the area we would love for you to choose our property again. Thank you again for the details of your stay, and don't hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything more we can do for you! Safe travels!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a Thursday night and again the following Sunday night. I saw no problems commented on by a few others here. The outside and inside of the hotel was clean, neat and orderly, and the hotel is far enough away from the truck stop to make that a non-issue. There are three restaurants you can walk to--Arbys, Waffle House, and McDonalds. The hotel is right next to a small church, the McDonalds, the Waffle House, and a gas station. The truck stop is on the other side of the gas station from the hotel. The Arbys is in the truck stop but it has its own entrance and also features a drive through. It looks like a regular Arbys and I counted more than 50 seats in it. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. It was very quite inside and outside the hotel. Breakfast includes hot food (in addition to the waffles you can make): the first time I stayed the hot items were scrambled eggs and minced sausage and tortillas (to make a breakfast burrito if you wanted) and the second time the hot items were omelets, bacon, and biscuits. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again (as I already did).

Room Tip: I stayed on the 3rd floor both times on the side facing the truck stop but I heard no sounds from th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Marcus427
I want to thank you for reviewing our hotel, and I will pass along your kind words to our staff. We strive to provide each guest a great experience at our hotel, and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Satsuma
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Saraland/North Mobile
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Saraland
BEST WESTERN Saraland Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mobile/Saraland
Wingate by Wyndham Mobile
Candlewood Suites Mobile-Downtown

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Mobile Satsuma / Saraland? Share your experiences!