We stayed on Mana late August 2013 - great weather, wonderful location! Block 6 is the pick of the units. Most of the staff where happy souls. The buffet was over priced and of poor quality - recommend the south beach restaurant and the kiosk near the resort pool. Also recommend the back packers restaurant - the hamburger & chips were spot on.
The down side to our stay was that our compact camera was stole from our room the first morning while at Breakfast. The following is the email to the operations manager and later to the General Manager....No reply from either:
It’s with great disappointment that our holiday was over shadowed by this unfortunate situation regarding our camera which we believe was removed from our room 619 on the 17.8.2013 by the resorts employee who was cleaning 6 block on that day.
Facts as I see them:
1. We reported to the duty manager of our missing camera from the room 619 on the 18.8.2013.
2. There was no forced entry into the room 619, the room had been accessed with a key.
3. The employee in question was cleaning 6 block the day the camera was noticed missing.
4. The employee was cleaning 3 block around the 22.8.2013 and seeking a canon camera charger from the guests of room 321. Unlucky for the employee, I was related to those guests who were aware of our missing camera.
5. The duty manager was informed of this and the employee was summoned to the duty managers office with the camera in question.
6. When the camera was presented it was the same camera as the one missing from 619. The camera had all identification marks removed by using heavy scratching method. The memory card and wristband was also removed from the camera, photos attached.
7. The employee claimed it was a gift from a relation less the charger and memory card.
If the camera was a gift why was it heavily scratched? Why was there no charger or memory card. Was it stolen?
I know that was our camera. The employees body language also confirmed this.
I feel sorry for the Fijian people who would be deeply ashamed of this situation as I’m sure you are. Earlier that day we donated some money to a little girl in the village along with purchasing small items from the local market as we normally do when visiting villagers.
I feel it is the resorts reasonability to replace the missing camera as it was not left in a public area, no forced entry into the room 619.
We request that the camera be replaced, I have the following links below from an online store that I use regularly in Australia. Alternately the resort can refund us to the value of the camera, memory card & freighting cost with total amount being AU $346.00.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mana Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mana Island Hotel Mana Island