“a picture-perfect paradise”

Tadrai Island Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mana Island
“a picture-perfect paradise”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ferry boat arrival allowed a leisurely look at the region and its many islands. Off the ferry and into ‘The Dream’ the resort’s boat – whisked across pristine waters, around the island to alight at Tadrai. Welcomed by the team, singing and applauding on the pristine, white sandy beach, under the palm trees. Mesmerised by the shells that abound.

A cool drink and a lounge on one of the beautiful day beds, so keen to get into the pool – sparklingly clean, disappearing over the edge – seemingly part of the azure blue sea, while the butler & staff unpacked. Then back onto ‘The Dream’ to visit a sand island – just a pile of sand – an island being born, to swim in the sparkling sea, having dispatched a spear fisherman over the side to catch us fresh fish for dinner. It was the variety of blues and greens that kept recapturing my emotions and sheer glory of the tranquil, beautiful location.

Obvious care and attention to detail re accommodation. Huge, comfortable bed, immaculate linen, great lighting, and each time you return to the room, it’s been restored to perfection. Native artefacts for decoration.

With one’s own deck overlooking the beach and the ever-changing and always stunning scenery, your own plunge pool, day bed, table and chairs, the iced Moet waiting, a great sound system by Bose, and a flat screen TV in case you care what’s happening elsewhere, you think ‘I can quite manage this!’. Then you open the doors to the bath suite.

A huge pod bath, three versions of great showers elsewhere in the suite, bathing with an uninterrupted view over the pool and sea, is divine. Coming home to find native flowers and your Pure Fiji coconut milk bath ready? Sublime! The décor is unique, modern, sophisticated, and yet still has very Fijian touches.

Delicious food – light, complex, refreshing. Loved ‘catching’ sea grapes one evening for a garnish. Appreciated the care and attention by Tim, the host, to ensure we received what we desired, and how nothing was a problem.

Service including Private Butler, I chose to have a marvellous massage in my villa – although it could have been on sparkling water, (Wai Sileva Spa) and attention and care from every single staff member, but the Moet and canapés, the music on our Sunset cruise under the most beautiful sky, at sunset, was a real highlight for me. All staff were so relaxed, professional, and careful to ensure we were totally and respectfully cared for.

My (adult)daughter had many adventures and activities, and reported being absolutely safe in the care of the staff. I preferred to do very little – and was grateful to Nicco for literally taking me in hand during my first snorkeling expedition ever. So glad I did it!

I had the utter luxury of my own villa, as did my daughter. The only thing possibly missing was the romance factor the resort is designed for. Frankly though – this is a great place to just be, enjoy, and wallow in the beauty, care and comfort, and not have to share at all.

Sad to leave, even by helicopter – and just 15 minutes later, arrived Nadi international. Back to the real world from a truly remarkable touch of Paradise.

Room Tip: Convenience and proximity to the restaurant / pool ? choose Villa 1. Complete Privacy? Choose No...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Robyn J
TIR_RM, Executive Director at Tadrai Island Resort, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Bula Robyn,

Thank you for your wonderful description of our lovely Resort. You’ve perfectly captured the romantic appeal we inevitably attach to palm-fringed islands, co-existing as it does in relaxed harmony with a sophisticated vibe on Tadrai.

Tadrai villas have been described as “destinations unto themselves” and we are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort and luxury of your private villa, especially the tropical bath suite and plunge pool.

Congratulations on embarking upon your first snorkelling experience. An addictive pastime and I’m sure it will not be the last.

On any given day, the sunlight glistens on our sparkling beaches and the champagne beckons.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if we can tempt you back to Paradise in the near future.

Warm personal regards,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Tadrai was a well deserved and much needed final destination at the end of our first holiday to Fiji. We first did a 3 dinghy cruise around the Yasawa Islands, followed by three nights at the Sofitel on Denarau. We then helicoptered over to spend 6 nights on Mana Island at Tadrai Island Resort.

We were given a lovely welcome and introduced to the staff.
The surrounding water was stunning , although the beach itself is very rocky, this did not detract from our stay in anyway. As your butler a friendly Fijian was ready to take you by boat to any near by sandy beach and leave you to snorkel, in privacy or if you wished would stay with you.
Nothing was too much trouble.
Evenings we either dined at the small poolside restaurant or had service on the beach by request.
Tadrai is the place to go for solitude, no shops,no noise just nature, everything included including special dietary requests.
Before going to Tadrai be sure to request your desires because once there that is it.

You can walk to the other side of the island and see a different lifestyle and different levels of accommodation.

We will return

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank VERONICATURNER
TIR_RM, Executive Director at Tadrai Island Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Bula Veronica,

So pleased that you were able to complete your first Fijian vacation with a six-night stay on Tadrai.

The superior standard of service and hospitality you describe is the hallmark of our Resort and we are delighted that we met your expectation in this regard.

What a wonderful introduction you’ve had to Paradise and very pleased to know that we will have the opportunity to Welcome you back to Tadrai for a return visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may assist in any way with your booking.

Warm regards from the Tadrai Team,

Hobart, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

WOW! Tadrai is AMAZING! I can't recommend it highly enough, and I am looking forward to the day when I can return to this stunning resort for another fantastic holiday experience.

I visited Tadrai for a five night stay with my husband for our 10th wedding anniversary in November 2012. And what a way to celebrate! Luxury villas right on the beach, with HUGE outdoor bathrooms. We loved the private deck and plunge pool too. And the iPad loaded with a custom selection of music was a nice touch too.

This was our second visit to Fiji (but our first time at Tadrai). I'd often heard people talk about how amazingly friendly they thought the Fijians were, although I had never really experienced this friendliness first-hand - until I arrived at Tadrai. The staff here are AMAZING. So friendly, so helpful, so genuine - they really do their best to give guests a memorable stay. Aussie managers Tim and Vanessa are also fantastic, nothing is too much trouble.

Yes, a stay at Tadrai is expensive compared to many other resorts, BUT you have to compare apples with apples. Everything at Tadrai is included - fantastic meals and snacks, cocktails, beer, wine and coffee, an unlimited supply of Pure Fiji toiletries, and a great selection of activities (I can highly recommend a massage on the private sandbar, and also the trip to Castaway Island where the Tom Hanks movie was filmed). I asked for a fresh pina colada one day and within minutes my husband and I were being led along the beach by a staff member to find and husk fresh coconuts - you don't get much fresher than that! On another occasion I mentioned that I was planning to have a relaxing soak in the bath - I soon had a staff member on my doorstep with a bunch of freshly-picked frangipanis - my favourite flower - to add to the ambience. The food is mind-blowing and guests never go hungry. If for some reason you don't feel like eating what's on the menu, the chefs will happily prepare something else for you.

Amazing pool/reception/dining area - it's easy to spend hours there just lazing about. The fact that Tadrai caters for a maximum of five couples at a time means you often feel like you have the entire place to yourself.

I have done a lot of travelling - not just in the South Pacific but all over the world - and Tadrai definitely rates as one of my favourite and most luxurious travel experiences so far. Anyone who hasn't stayed at Tadrai really is missing out on something special. My only disappointment is that we didn't stay for longer. Tim - we'll definitely be back!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are fantastic - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sendmail2linda
Bula Linda,

We were delighted to host yourself and Tim for your 10th Wedding Anniversary earlier this year.
Wonderful review – and high praise from well-seasoned travellers such as yourselves.

Particularly delighted to hear that our wonderful Tadrai staff exceeded your expectation in relation to their friendliness and service.

Tadrai’s streamlined interiors , complete with ipads and other reminders of busy lifestyles, have been specifically designed to blend with the overall laid-back ambience of the Resort.

We’re delighted that you were able to luxuriate in the natural beauty of the surrounding, whilst at the same time, enjoy the attention to detail expected of a Resort in our deluxe category.

We look forward to Welcoming you back to Tadrai Island Resort in the near future.

Warm regards,
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I visited Tadrai island resort after traveling for 12 days in New Zealand! What a way to end our honeymoon and relax. We had an amazing time there and are looking forward to getting back there again this year! Tim and Vanessa did an amazing job hosting us. We only stayed for two nights but it felt like we were there for a week! It rained mainly the whole time we were there but it honestly did not make a difference. The villas are so relaxing and spacious you can literally spend all day in the room. Tim will get you whatever you want and is constantly asking you if you have everything you need! Vanessa is busy cooking up amazing food! The first night it was a 5 course dinner. I am super picky about food and like to eat small meals and Vanessa always had something for me to eat and the staff got me lots of snacks at all times of the day! There was only one other couple there while we were there so it seemed like we had the whole resort to ourselfs. We both got a massage and it was the best massage I have ever had. Even with the bad weather it was a beautiful and realaxing vacation. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who needs a get away and likes privacy. Thank you Tim and Vanessa!!! Melissa and Noah

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Melstel1
Bula,

Delighted to hear that you completed a wonderful Honeymoon trip on Tadrai, although very disappointed for you that the weather failed to co-operate.

Fortunately though, our luxurious villas are “destinations unto themselves” and very pleased to know that you also took the opportunity to experience a wonderful in-villa Spa treatment during this time.

The intimate size of the our Resort (five villas only), plus the Private Butler service offered, ensures highly personalised attention to our Guests.

On Tadrai we take great pride in accommodating the culinary requirements of our Guests to the highest possible standard, as demonstrated by the outstanding effort of both Tim and Chef Vanessa.

We look forward to your return to Paradise – fingers crossed for brilliant sunshine!

Warm regards from all of us,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

It is a two hour boat ride before arriving at Mana Island, where you are greeted by another little local boat which take you on a 10 minutes ride around the island to Tadrai Resort. The resort is small, 5 villas in total plus the restaurant/bar/reception area. On the positive side, the villas are very well appointed with a spacious bathroom which is half open air, and half closed; opening onto a plunge pool outside your deck.The bathroom amenities are in large dispensing bottles and of very good Fijian quality. The deck is also well appointed with a nice long chair, a sofa to laze about large enough for 2 people. The bedroom is large, well equipped with mini bar and wine fridge, very comfortable bed and good lights. On arrival, a bottle of French Champagne was waiting for us on the deck! Nice touch. The resort offer an all inclusive rate with food and beverage. Spa is chargeable but it is a funky experience to go and get a massage in the middle of the ocean on a sand bar. The food was superb and the manager / chef, Vanessa did an incredible 7 course degustation dinner which was outstanding in all aspect: presentation, texture, taste and flavour. The only negative is the lack of privacy when one is on the deck and that is because most of their garden had been destroyed by the early 2013 cyclones so hopefully, as they work toward restoring the gardens, they will concentrate on planting natural shrubs that will hide you somewhat from people using the water sport facilities

Room Tip: Take the villa the further away from the main reception.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Allabout2015
Sydney
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our 2nd Visit to Tadrai and what a great week we had. Because of the small number of Bures, only 5, which means a maximum of 10 Guests only, you feel that the entire Resort is all yours. During our Stay we had just the 2 of us one night, up to 8 Guests on one night, and 6 for the other nights. On 2 nights the 6 of us sat together and had a great evening, on other nights, you have a drink together, then have have your own private dinner together.
The new Resort Managers, Tim and Vanessa have come from a great background of top Resorts in Australia, and have a fantastic attitude to making sure that everything you need is available. Tim is constantly on the go, around the Bures, making sure everything is as it should be, while Chef Vanessa is turning out great Mains and Desserts, doing her absolute best to make sure we don't lose any weight !!
The Bures themselves are extremely comfortable, the A/C works well, the bathroom is huge, (in fact it could have been smaller and the Bedroom bigger), the Pure Fiji Products in the Bathroom are wonderful products, and you get an iPad to play with, loaded with Movies, if the weather turns.
The Management of Tadrai are aware as to my thoughts regarding the Plunge Pools. They do not get enough Sun and are quite cold compared to the Main Pool and Ocean. During this trip I asked all of the Guests if they used the Plunge Pools, and 100% of them all said they hadn't used them because of the temperature. Fortunately I was able to explain to Tim in person an idea I had to easliy fix this problem, here's hoping !
As to Activities, plenty to do, good Snorkelling, Cayaking, Sand Bar Picnics, Fishing, Surfing or Diving can be arranged, or, simply lounge around the Pool and read, waiting for the next Meal from Vanessa.
If small, intimate and totally relaxing is your thing, Tadrai is for you.

Room Tip: All Good, all the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Geoff48
Reviewed March 20, 2013

if god exists i now know where he lives your mind is only capable of exsperiencing so much beauty but our minds have been absolutely blown away we just spent the most unbelievable escape in fiji on tadrai resort private luxury secluded sophistication vercace meets bond once you experience tadrai you actually feel like you dont want to be anywhere else in the world every detail is understated elogance with only ten state of the art villas you are sourounded by the ultimate in cuisine luxury and service like no other the colour palet is like being immersed in a sea of precious jewels i challenge anyone to find any other resort that even comes close to this saphire of indulgent beauty we are already planing our return every one has to experience this mana island brilliance it will stay in our minds memory forever we cried on the plane omg omg

Room Tip: every villa is simply mind bogling it will blow your brain
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beatrice S
Talei B, Executive Director at Tadrai Island Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Ni Si Bula

Many thanks for posting your highly enthusiastic review of our wonderful Resort.

It was our great pleasure to host you and your partner in Paradise. Seru, Vanessa, myself and the rest of the dedicated Tadrai team enjoyed meeting you both and certainly hope we can replicate the perfect weather conditions you experienced during your next stay.

Your favourite fresh lobster (sashimi) appetiser has become a signature dish!

We hope that you will be able to take advantage of the longer break you’re planning for your next escape.

We agree that nowhere quite compares with Tadrai...

Our best wishes to you
Mana Island Resort
#1 of 2 in Mana Island
Castaway Island Fiji
Castaway Island Fiji
#1 of 1 in Castaway Island (Qalito)

Been to Tadrai Island Resort? Share your experiences!